Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best thread on bigfooty.
No I didn’t burn ants with a magnify glass as a kid, just admire and enjoy the humour used during this trying time.
I may have a sarcastic quip on the main board once or twice but am so enthralled in this story that I actually looked into ordering Sack Hinkley stickers prior to coming over to watch the dockers vs port game but mailing time was after I was leaving to SA.
Surely between all you talented and funny posters you can get the stickers going.
This is the time to attack whilst kern is on the back foot.
I feel like stickers now would only serve to galvanize the club and the media around "poor-Kenny"

Dunno that showdown loss was a catastrophic failure on multiple levels, all down to Ken, and it had the nations eye too. One thing Kane begrudgingly admitted to was the loss did feel bigger and more consequential than a normal defeat.

With all the focus on his contract last year, our straight sets exit, our 168th missing piece and a visible loss of belief by the players.....this really does feel like it's getting close.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do you really need to ask that?
Should they? Yes. Will they, No.
Koch will sand by him for as long as possible in hope he can run with the "I told you so"
He’s still searching for the ‘I told you so’? Koch must stress out every time Ken has failed in the last 5 or so years. Maybe Koch knows that if Ken fails then Koch and co fails with him and have to collectively fall on the same sword

Y'all thought he was a superhero at 5-2 ...

Seriously gotta be one of the only clubs on the planet where:

• 11-4 starts,
• 13-win streaks,
• and marching into a home Prelim after a string of convincing victories,

Just doesn’t move the needle at all in terms of faith and trust in the coaching staff and playing group.

Don't give yourself false hope we've been here before and nothing ever happens lol
Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

Dunno that showdown loss was a catastrophic failure on multiple levels, all down to Ken, and it had the nations eye too. One thing Kane begrudgingly admitted to was the loss did feel bigger and more consequential than a normal defeat.

With all the focus on his contract last year, our straight sets exit, our 168th missing piece and a visible loss of belief by the players.....this really does feel like it's getting close.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not to mention the world record against Norf coming up... Keep mentioning that on the socials wherever you can so the media picks up on it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the lack of effort in a showdown wasn't enough, Butters saying "we didn't quite believe" is absolute confirmation that Ken and his hopeless game plan has officially lost the players.

There is no hope of resurgence from here.

We will get flogged by the Cats.

We will beat North and the Hawks which will be just enough to keep Ken in a job.

But we aren't going anywhere and it's all downhill from here.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Where did Butters say that. Do you have a link?

That is really, really bad. He's the up for anything type of guy and 2IC and he's saying that.

Seriously gotta be one of the only clubs on the planet where:

• 11-4 starts,
• 13-win streaks,
• and marching into a home Prelim after a string of convincing victories,

Just doesn’t move the needle at all in terms of faith and trust in the coaching staff and playing group.

Not enough is made of the 13 wins in a row thing.

People downplay it but the reality is that only 1 other non Victorian team in history has won 13 in a row - the all conquering Brisbane team of 2001 on the brink of the greatest dynasty of the modern era.

The fact that this translated into two finals floggings and ultimately 5th place is just so Hinkley.

Not enough is made of the 13 wins in a row thing.

People downplay it but the reality is that only 1 other non Victorian team in history has won 13 in a row - the all conquering Brisbane team of 2001 on the brink of the greatest dynasty of the modern era.

The fact that this translated into two finals floggings and ultimately 5th place is just so Hinkley.

The prevailing vibe around it was so weird.

It never felt like, “sheesh, they’re an invincible unit on a mission having finally put it all together, aren’t they! hope we don’t run into them in September!”

It was, “naww. good for Kenny for however long this lasts and then we can all move on to the clubs that will actually matter when the whips are cracking”.

The never-ending fiasco.

Melbourne Geelong just played out a HinkleyBall goalless quarter special.

Kens next press conference, “Melbourne and Geelong have won recent premierships and they just played out a goalless quarter. We are on track for success.”

Late Edit: Fanfooty made their own Port Adelaide reference to that quarter.
IMG_1935.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back