Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best.

Butters is essentially talking about a lack of belief in the playing group to beat the Cows.

We are a big pile of mess.
How can you not have belief playing against an inferior side who have shown bugger all this year it’s more than disturbing.
We haven’t had real belief for years really, so many missed opportunities losing finals we were favourites in and missing so many shots at goal and at the end of the day it all comes down to lack of belief. Let me tell you belief was never a problem when Jack Cahill was coaching.

How can you not have belief playing against an inferior side who have shown bugger all this year it’s more than disturbing.
We haven’t had real belief for years really, so many missed opportunities losing finals we were favourites in and missing so many shots at goal and at the end of the day it all comes down to lack of belief. Let me tell you belief was never a problem when Jack Cahill was coaching.
Heard Tim Ginever talking about Jacks mind games.

Normally on Monday training, the club were a rabble, players out of form, the opposition were gonna kill us. Designed to bring the players back to earth and not to get ahead of themselves.
By the time Friday came around, the club were invincible, players were gonna star on Saturday, the opposition had no chance.
Regardless of who they played.

Tell me about it.

It shows that the fluff of a gameplan and the constant, unabated loser mentality and the unaccountability and weird decisions from above have completely enveloped the team.

I would have to see the interview itself to make a judgement but I think it is a good that Butters has called out the psychology of the team going into the Showdown. That's what a leader does.

And on that, I'm not a fan of Dan Houston's interviews or press conference as he is the most generic media trained, by the book, generic talker that I've just about ever seen. I like him but he can talk for five minutes and not say much with the charisma of an incel.

Hinkley’s never liked showdowns. Maybe he has a big game Phobia. Dixon and Butters both arguing with Ken both in recent times, wheels falllubg off?

The players don’t believe in the gameplan any more. And why would they? They work harder for worse results. Things will get uglier from here. Another reason down the drain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The prevailing vibe around it was so weird.

It never felt like, “sheesh, they’re an invincible unit on a mission having finally put it all together, aren’t they! hope we don’t run into them in September!”

It was, “naww. good for Kenny for however long this lasts and then we can all move on to the clubs that will actually matter when the whips are cracking”.

The never-ending fiasco.
Because apart from Melbourne at home we never really beat anyone good

If we don't make finals he's gone surely

We already saw this happen in 2019, our 2nd consecutive year and 4th year out of 5 that we hadn't made the 8. They just held him to his contract which had a year left.

If we finished 9th I couldn't be confident he'd be sacked despite how insane that sounds.

After the Geelong loss last year, Hinkley was laughing with Dangerfield like they were celebrating a finals loss.

Port have no chance next week.
That was literally the last post of the game day thread last year.

“Hinkley should be sacked on the spot for laughing with Dangerfield.“

And here we are, 9 months later……

Zak butters looking at hinkley
kEOYejXnLyC7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back