Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the Geelong loss last year, Hinkley was laughing with Dangerfield like they were celebrating a finals loss.

Port have no chance next week.

Truth - The club did not see any issue with this interaction at all.

Our club leaders are flowers to think it is ok to watch players walking off the field looking despondent after another defeat and their coach jumping hurdles to get to an opposition figjam for a happy yarn. They don't think like Port Adelaideat at all.

Last edited:
Hinkley isn't going anywhere, seen it all before and worse, like a couple of prelim disasters, 11-4 and missing finals, so a loss to our big brothers as Ken put it 50-50 game won't get him to disappear.
This is the season before his contract year, so typically he runs players into the ground so he has excuses then next year he looks like the coach of the century.
Remember when he ruined Lobbe, Howard, playing an injured no all Dixon and there was more.

Our system is flawed, we need a total clean out and start fresh. The Crows realized this and cleaned the crap out even after Pike took them to the big dance but unfortunately for them it was to late and they bottomed out (wasn't that a good year for Port fans) It's turning around for them slowly but they are improving and will dominate us once again.
When the penny finally drops, the club must look for the best people to fill positions, especially the head coach, I'm not convinced Carr is the right guy as he is part of the Koch, Richardson, Hinkley program that has failed for over a decade.

Last edited:

The notion of Koch and Hinkley reigning for a further 1 to 8 years is not absurd. Them leaving on their own terms is not ideal. There needs to be unrest that develops from within and from those that have some standing with the club to demonstrate that this longevity bullshit failed miserably. It will be no good for the club's future ethos to have opportunity to farewell these two turkeys like heroes., because they are not, they are losers.

The notion of Koch and Hinkley reigning for a further 1 to 8 years is not absurd. Them leaving on their own terms is not ideal. There needs to be unrest that develops from within and from those that have some standing with the club to demonstrate that this longevity bullshit failed miserably. It will be no good for the club's future ethos to have opportunity to farewell these two turkeys like heroes., because they are not, they are losers.
The most important stakeholders of a football club are the players. The unrest must come from them. There are signs.

Our system is flawed, we need a total clean out and start fresh. The Crows realized this and cleaned the crap out even after Pike took them to the big dance but unfortunately for them it was to late and they bottomed out (wasn't that a good year for Port fans) It's turning around for them slowly but they are improving and will dominate us once again.
When the penny finally drops, the club must look for the best people to fill positions, especially the head coach, I'm not convinced Carr is the right guy as he is part of the Koch, Richardson, Hinkley program that has failed for over a decade.

I’d say Carr is a safe bet for them. Old premiership hero and we can safely keep the dollars ticking over without upsetting the apple car too much.

It will be a smooth controlled handover, Ken leaves as a faithful servant just didn’t have the players or the luck.

Kens gone end of this year I reckon.

We can’t compete with the best teams, and it won’t take much for the wheels to fall off this year, then the pressure will mount and we will splutter along.

Would like to be proven wrong but if we lose to the lesser teams at home the pitchforks will be out.

Why is he still here. Imagine working somewhere where you are literally hated by the majority of the stakeholders. Surely now that the season is a lost cause there is no point him going on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Qantas customers hated Alan Joyce but they kept him around for ages because the board and shareholders were happy enough with him.

The board is Koch. The AFL are the shareholders. You're the customer.

Why is he still here. Imagine working somewhere where you are literally hated by the majority of the stakeholders. Surely now that the season is a lost cause there is no point him going on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We can take some comfort in the fact his end is getting closer. His legacy right now is zilch ,nothing. Our 2014 side would wipe the floor with the team he has had 11 years to build . We were once warriors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say Carr is a safe bet for them. Old premiership hero and we can safely keep the dollars ticking over without upsetting the apple car too much.

It will be a smooth controlled handover, Ken leaves as a faithful servant just didn’t have the players or the luck.

Kens gone end of this year I reckon.

We can’t compete with the best teams, and it won’t take much for the wheels to fall off this year, then the pressure will mount and we will splutter along.

Would like to be proven wrong but if we lose to the lesser teams at home the pitchforks will be out.
Hope you are right about Ken gone at the end of the season but like you say a smooth transition and not much changes.
What needs to change is the whole softness of the club, we need to get back to winning means everything and when we do everything else will follow, Members, sponsors, cash flow but most importantly a healthy respect of our club and no game against Port Adelaide will be easy, I want other clubs to fear playing us like most do against the Cats, especially on their home deck.

I'm a big Butters fan but that little bit of home truth although devastating is one of the first times a leader at the club has had the balls to say something remotely self-reflective and accountable. Butters has rocketed sky high with his leadership even though it is something small.

It is normal for leaders and senior players to tow the company line with interviews after a loss which usually expressed as we lost as a team and we have next week to make it right. Hollow words.

The way we are playing games this year mixed with the media saying we aren't a reality of making an impact in finals gives strong speculation that the players 100% know the gameplan doesn't work with good teams.

This is not good.

When you don't have belief to win before the game, the game is over before it starts, the will to win, the most important tool in a footballer's kit, is lost.

Things can always turn around but there is a distinct possibility that the team is cooked for the year.

Koch and Hinkley have really done a number on our players.

It is going to be a very interesting month of footy.

I'm a big Butters fan but that little bit of home truth although devastating is one of the first times a leader at the club has had the balls to say something remotely self-reflective and accountable. Butters has rocketed sky high with his leadership even though it is something small.

Wouldn't it be better leadership to act on what you've identified before the game rather than talking about it after the fact?

I've seen nothing to indicate either Rozee or Butters are natural leaders. They've been appointed because they're good players and we're hoping to turn them into good leaders. But they're both nowhere near it yet.

Wouldn't it be better leadership to act on what you've identified before the game rather than talking about it after the fact?

I've seen nothing to indicate either Rozee or Butters are natural leaders. They've been appointed because they're good players and we're hoping to turn them into good leaders. But they're both nowhere near it yet.
You are right but all or at least most of the players have to be on board, or he will just sound like another Tredrea. Running up after a win and hugging Donuts doesn't help either, maybe we are reading more into the Butters comments than their actually is.

The most important stakeholders of a football club are the players. The unrest must come from them. There are signs.
Disagree. The players are employees and while stakeholders are far from the most important. We've seen over the years how easily players move on to other clubs and continue their careers. The fact that the players regularly declare their love for their "Daddy", whether genuine or not, highlights how they do not have the best interests of the club at heart.

“Didn’t quite believe” I’m struggling to get my head around this. I’m going with the playing group don’t believe Hinkleys gutless gameplan.
Butters was saying that the playing group didn't have the belief that they could win. The game was lost in the players' heads before the first bounce thanks to our loser coach and his pre-emptive excuses. It's a tough competition after all and someone has to lose these scary games.

That statement by Butters should be ringing major alarm bells with the board, if our VC says the playing group didn't believe we could win against a team sitting at 2-5 at home, how on earth could we expect to even get close to a GF.

Outside of Tredders though I'm sure it probably hasn't even caught their attention.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That statement by Butters should be ringing major alarm bells with the board, if our VC says the playing group didn't believe we could win against a team sitting at 2-5 at home, how on earth could we expect to even get close to a GF.

Outside of Tredders though I'm sure it probably hasn't even caught their attention.
The board, with the exception of Tredrea, would probably think that Butters and the boys just need a bit more WooHoo.

Definitely but the huge amount of Hinkley fascist groupthink within the coaching staff and the players and supposed punitive measures against makes it extremely difficult because it could have severe repercussions.

It is like Tredders. He is working against so much power that he has to pick his battles.

This is why in the preaseason, in the Rozee thread I think, I begged him to go against the Hinkleyness and be courageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back