Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone saying we're third on the ladder. It's a very even season. So a win will jump you between 1-6 places on the ladder depending on where results fall elsewhere. But they all have games in hand and can leapfrog us back up the ladder. Especially given our inferior % from all the blowouts we've suffered under Ken.

It's always nice to win a big game like this, but come finals I already know we're gonna get smashed just like in that 2nd quarter against Carlton.

I can confirm he isn't Tredders because I introduced Big Footy to him and I've (sadly) never met Tredders! 🤣

I see Tredders most weeks as he comes into my family’s Italian Contential Shop. He is great guy, very sociable and loves our pizzas.

Last edited:

I can confirm he isn't Tredders because I introduced Big Footy to him and I've (sadly) never met Tredders! 🤣

This is true - I really should blame you every time my wife tells me I spend too much time on here "talking to randoms on the internet" 😂

Everyone saying we're third on the ladder. It's a very even season. So a win will jump you between 1-6 places on the ladder depending on where results fall elsewhere. But they all have games in hand and can leapfrog us back up the ladder. Especially given our inferior % from all the blowouts we've suffered under Ken.

It's always nice to win a big game like this, but come finals I already know we're gonna get smashed just like in that 2nd quarter against Carlton.

Down to 6th now, and assuming Freo pull their finger out in the next hour, Port will drop to 7th.

It makes the upcoming Sydney game a massive one. Win that, suddenly top 4 doesn't sound such a crazy proposition. Lose, and they'd be drawn right back to the pack.

I’m still breathtaken by the in-game commentary on 7 claiming in American sport, Ken would be celebrated because he has a + .500 career winning record.

In all my time following footy I cannot ever remember that justification/comparison being used to defend an AFL/VFL coach.

Why us??

Because expecting success within a reasonable timeframe and accountability for failure to achieve it, is the exclusive domain of real clubs.

Victorian clubs.

They wouldn’t dream of dribbling that ‘51% is seen as a successful year around the world!’-utter sh¡t in regards to Collingwood, Carlton or Hawthorn.

Down to 6th now, and assuming Freo pull their finger out in the next hour, Port will drop to 7th.
Yes, 7th now. I've never understood why anyone puts any stock in ladder position when a round isn't complete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, 7th now. I've never understood why anyone puts any stock in ladder position when a round isn't complete.

Jordan Lewis looks and acts all sophisticated, yet his "Outside noise blah blah, he's got you in thrd right now" shit last night was nauseating. We've played one more game than the rest of the league you bozo.

Weird innit

Even 4 years ago, when all hope was well gone, I'd have watched that and enjoyed a win and tuned into the media to hear about all the positive stuff

Now it just makes me sick
Yep it's a tough gig atm. Hate how I feel but I can't do another year with Ken as our coach.

This is true - I really should blame you every time my wife tells me I spend too much time on here "talking to randoms on the internet"

It makes the upcoming Sydney game a massive one. Win that, suddenly top 4 doesn't sound such a crazy proposition. Lose, and they'd be drawn right back to the pack.

I suspect Port playing finals is going to come down to Port beating Freo and North beating the Hawks in the final round.

I’m still breathtaken by the in-game commentary on 7 claiming in American sport, Ken would be celebrated because he has a + .500 career winning record.

In all my time following footy I cannot ever remember that justification/comparison being used to defend an AFL/VFL coach.

Why us??
The even better news is that in the NFL a 9 and 8 season is an average team at best and you might scrape into the finals but will probably get bounced in the first week.

Sound familiar.

The even better news is that in the NFL a 9 and 8 season is an average team at best and you might scrape into the finals but will probably get bounced in the first week.

Sound familiar.

The NFL should adopt the Aussie system with double chance.

The Divisional (with the Div. Champs) and the Wildcard rounds should be in the same weekend.

It makes so much, but so much sense, that it will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back