Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

The real failure though lies with CD and Kosch. It's fair to blame Ken for any one game, season, or even contract, but beyond that it lies with his employers. Even good fighters (and Ken hasn't proved to be one) need to get the tap.

Ken could only decide to stay here because CD and DK allowed such a decision to be his. Still, he could have said "no".

Again, he chose his compensation. If he cared about gratitude, he had the opportunity to take it. He didn't. That's on him.

The fact that CD and DK deferred this decision to Hinkley is another issue. They will have to answer for it as well. However, I was replying to a quote on Port supporters not being grateful to Hinkley.

We own him nothing. He's responsible for that. That's all.

Lots of interesting content on this thread.
The high level support for Ken in the media, is mind boggling.None of Kens vocal supporters could give a rats about the Port Adelaide Football Club.
The silence of the club is quiet defening.This has the potential to become a lot worse.Both on and off field.
Looks like all the senior managment are united with Ken.But all could potentially all fall with Ken.
On next weeks game.Stkilda,wont need 70+ inside 50's",like Brisbane.To deal with Port
50 should be enough to put Port away.With our best mids getting it over 30 times and still getting midfield smashed.
And Georgiades looking like the only forward who wants to lead at the ball.
Our team structure and gameplan are totally dysfunctional atm.
Their will be players spewing that Ken threw them under the bus.
We will learn so much about our players and club and coach in the next week.
Pretty sure if Ken was going it was today

Last edited:

He just overstayed his welcome by a long margin. He goes 5 or 6 years ago and everyone is like yeah cool no hard feelings. However over that 6 year patch is when it got very cult, started seeing fans potted for questioning and exposing the greyhound clique. He has bought this on himself and so has everyone at the club who enabled it.

The lot of them can go fornicate themselves. Your legacy will be everyone remembering how the last 11 years were a bizarre fever dream of total incompetence and hubris. You wont be missed, you wont be honored. The people who matter (the fans) will remember you, generation to generation as the most pathetic administration in the life of the club.

You think you are saviors, remember 2011/12 derpyderpderp. Guess what? We will sure as hell remember this era as significantly worse. Why? Because you took the club from us, tore its soul out and then installed a giant commode throne for Ken Hinkley.

I wouldn't give this era the steam off my own piss. Never come back, you are not welcome.

Duncanson, Haysman etc on the other hand? Always a spot by the fire. Because they were in it with us. Not against us.

I would have thought supporters leaving in droves at half time and booing the coach showed the amount of division. Neither of which had anything to do with Warren.

Y'know I heard all this when Port chose not to reappoint Russell as coach, I had people I know abuse me because I sided with the decision to appoint Cahill, I saw the crowds flock to the Lighthouse to protest the decision, and I saw most if not all come back as we started winning premierships.

The players loved Russell and more than that, many of them idolised him as young guys growing up. And guess what? They all stayed and won premierships under Cahill. Many of them called Russell after they won the 1988 flag and thanked him for all he had done for them.

Because they're adults and they understand this is a business and you can enjoy success under Jack while acknowledging the opportunities they had under Russell. And they kind of liked winning premierships.

Quoting this just because I cannot like it more than once.

Kornes & co in media saying Donuts will know when to walk

PAFC board committed to not sacking mid-season

Wishful thinking is that they’re planting the seed to agree behind closed doors for Donuts to “walk”

Ken is guaranteed his severance package and the club saves face by not having to force termination while the season is still going

This scenario is a bit different as Mark Williams was always destined to be his successor. Also other clubs was head hunting Williams during this time so the club had to act to secure Williams. I felt bad for Cahill as he never got a fair go to prove himself at AFL level.

It was still as ruthless as it gets; and it was the right decision. Those are the common points with 1987.

It is also something we weren't willing to do with Choco in 2006 (as we should have been), and we've paid for that mistake.

Given the amount of dissatisfaction due to the mismanagement of the club, is there anything we can do as members other than keeping our wallets away from their greedy hands?

For all of the grandstanding and room temperature IQ takes we've gotten from them, they've failed at the one and only objective for any footy team and that's winning a premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a way to build resilience. Have some nice cuddles in a friendly playful atmosphere, so that when you go out on the field a week later and face the heat of battle again, you can again go to water as you've been too busy being mollycoddled

This scenario is a bit different as Mark Williams was always destined to be his successor. Also other clubs was head hunting Williams during this time so the club had to act to secure Williams. I felt bad for Cahill as he never got a fair go to prove himself at AFL level.
That's not true Cahill proved himself at that smouldering pile of crap that is Victoria Park. In 2 years bottom to 3rd.

I was a teenager when this man began coaching the club. I'm now in my thirties, I'm married, I own a house.
And if he were to stay on as coach, you'd pay your house off before he gets us to a grand final.

It amazes me that only Tredrea and the supporters are the only ones making noise, where is all the people that love the club, past coaches and players, Bucky anyone going to stand beside Warren.

This is why the media protect Ken, where the **** are the people that built and played for the club.

Given the amount of dissatisfaction due to the mismanagement of the club, is there anything we can do as members other than keeping our wallets away from their greedy hands?

For all of the grandstanding and room temperature IQ takes we've gotten from them, they've failed at the one and only objective for any footy team and that's winning a premiership.
Koch sees us as a business and the one thing businesses hate is losing money, it's the only way, unless you own a sticker business.

It amazes me that only Tredrea and the supporters are the only ones making noise, where is all the people that love the club, past coaches and players, Bucky anyone going to stand beside Warren.

This is why the media protect Ken, where the **** are the people that built and played for the club.
if I recall they wheeled out an aged Bucky the other year after the untenablegate and got him to endorse the regime of piss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back