Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley would be great for our midfield and would help grow our leaders. Would be nice to see him take JHF under his wing.

Having said that I haven’t given up on Carr. But I think we have to put the feelers out to a couple other higher profile coaches at least.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If Buckley wanting to be a line coach is true, you could have him as a midfield coach, promote Carr to senior assistant, and then still hire a senior coach from outside the club.

(Imagines it) okay I can see people taking offense to that. But he didn't do that. He just threw out some tea as an unfunny/cringe gag. Nobody cares. Sack him for being not funny.
But it's exactly the same thing, the only difference was the race/culture of the custom.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

We can't be full Pyongyang until kern is strapped to the barrel of a cannon and dispatched to the moon, ala what little rocket man apparently did to an uncle of his for disagreeing with some of his policies.

Sounds like Tredders would be the one in line for that treatment.

Kane’s busy filling up the poo balloons in his spare time.

But it's exactly the same thing, the only difference was the race/culture of the custom.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
There just aren't the same sensitivities around Chinese culture or that particular custom. It's more like if Chinese people were to visit here and make a dumb gag involving one of our western customs like, I dunno, opening Christmas presents under a tree, cigars after a baby is born, or even just the whole shrimp on the barbie thing. We would see it as utterly innocuous; it wouldn't even occur to us to take offense.

Unfortunately I cannot see him getting sacked while finals are still a chance. Koch and Co are too weak to do it before ,even though the writing is on the wall. Another wasted season
I can - if we lose the next 3 (definitely possible), just imagine the atmosphere at the Richmond game, with the 500 people present all booing Ken whenever his face appears on the screen.

What’s occurring within the four walls of the club is far from healthy, & in some ways a direct reflection of what’s happening to the country at large.

It seems it’s no longer okay to express an opinion that strays to far from officially endorsed talking points. Only yesterday, a Labor Senator was condemned for daring to cross the chamber & vote against party lines. When did we become a such a Nation of cry babies, unable to cope with someone who might dare to think differently.

This authoritarian, group think style belief system is toxic to the core, & has infiltrated the very heart of the club, destroying its once proud culture in the process.

You don’t believe me, you only have to look at Monday’s events on 5AA where the Club called Tredders both on & off air to condemn his response to a caller. Are you kidding me? When did Alberton turn into 1960s East Germany?

And it even goes beyond this. If you dare to demand excellence & higher standards your labelled unrealistic, fickle, lunatic fringe, selfish etc etc. Imagine commencing a University degree & being called out & condemned for striving for high distinctions, instead of being content with ‘Credits’?

I’m losing all faith with the club & its pathetic disposition & broader outlook in how it conducts its day to day affairs. I’m all in on Tredders who still possess a trail blazer type spirit. The woke mindless idiots that run the club can get the hell out.

They're not gonna sack him are they lol

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Cornes is a bit of a dick isn’t he?
He’s said a few times that if things get worse Ken will know and step away or words to that effect.
Like he at least deserves to call his own time coming to an end.
Truly weird take.

Koch will tell Ken his time is up when Ken stops agreeing with him.

That could be the case.

dafuq is that Karpool Karaoke!? Don't pretend Kochie drives
lol I had the same car as him, a few years back during covid he tried to hop into my car, as I was standing watching from a line waiting to get into the Port Store. I was just laughing till he realised his was a couple over.

He’s said a few times that if things get worse Ken will know and step away or words to that effect.
Truly weird take.

This sort of argument is made all the time by Cornes, that the club and/or Hinkley will know when the time is right and make a decision.

But the time has been right for about 7 years and they never make a decision, they just hide for months and then say they don't want to talk about last season, that they're looking forward etc.

They'll never make this decision unless we make him staying as unpalatable as possible. We need to make Ken staying more uncomfortable for them than having the hard conversation with him.

And through the power of booing or not showing up, all things are possible.

Truly weird take.

Things get worse than being booed by a mostly empty stadium of your own fans while meekly surrendering by 80 points? In a year we're meant to be contending for a flag? When you've explicitly stated how great the list is?

Truly weird take.

It means the board don't have to make a hard call, basically let it go to shite and hopefully Ken wants to leave...

Then blame the booing mob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back