Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Port fans over rate our list. I don't think we've ever had more then one player playing A+ grade football at the same time in the hinkley era. Compare that to other succesful teams and suddenly its obvious that Hinkley is getting the most out of players that he Ken.
Then recruitment and player development has been poor under Ken. So sack him!

You clearly have 0 understanding of what Ken Hinkley brought to our club. You can argue that we need something new now but surely you don't think things would have been better off if we kept everything the same after 2012. He took a team lead by Cassisi and Cornes straight into finals ffs

You clearly like to manipulate people's statements by suggesting we would have thought that we expected better results 'IF WE KEPT EVERYTHING THE SAME AFTER 2012'. The whole argument is that Hinkley is the benefactor of all the changes that were made on and off the field before the start of season 2013, which Hinkley had nothing to do with.

Was Hinkley the right person for the job in 2013? Quite possibly.

Was there a better person available at the time? Quite probably, but that's a hypothetical, so it's a moot point.

Would Primus have been a better option in 2013? Another hypothetical. He resigned in 2012, so he was never in contention.

I personally think Hinkley was great in 2013 and 2014, but the red flags were there in both those years.

Port won the first five then lost five in a row in 2013. By his own admission, he also told the team to slow down in the Semi Final against Geelong when we were confidently ahead at half time.

In 2014, round 15, in a Showdown, when we were sitting on top of the table, we manage to lose vs a struggling Adelaide Crows. We then go on to lose the next four out of five games to start the finals campaign from 5th spot.

I guess I could live with 2015 and 2016 as a form slump as the coach now starts to mold the team with missing pieces and a strategy that could work.

2017 was the year that we were meant to make the big comeback, but in the end it was a massive disappointment. It is clear that perhaps Hinkley is not the right man for the job anymore. He needs to earn his contract extension in 2018. It was the sensible thing to do. Of course you shouldn't sack him in 2017, but give him 'till the end of his contract to prove that he's got what it takes.

Sliding doors moment.

Last edited:

Where are Cam ‘Kosmodisk’ Falloon and Ryan ‘Microsoft Office’ McMillan working now?
In 2023, he sold "licensing rights" to his fitness business in the US for $60million.

I don't think the problem that Cam Falloon had a Port was competency but more on resourcing.
I mean Ken was very well supported when he started getting access to Darren Burgess to run the fitness programme, but more importantly is that Darren Burgess also go access to what he asked for.

Are there any other clubs sacking their coach this year?

Us being the only club looking would be like the ideal scenario
Crows maybe
Melbourne possibly if form continues to be poor. Which may fill the Crows job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone who is in Adel/Melb do up a sign that reads:
Sack Koch
Sack Richo
Sack Hinkley

Take it to the games and as the dominoes fall can put a big red X over the name. Let them know we want more than just a change in coach!

Port fans over rate our list. I don't think we've ever had more then one player playing A+ grade football at the same time in the hinkley era. Compare that to other succesful teams and suddenly its obvious that Hinkley is getting the most out of players that he Ken.
Hinkley has had over a decade to bring together a team that can perform in finals, plus great membership, Adelaide Oval, what more can any coach want.
The simple fact is he is the elephant in the room, the only thing that hasn't changed.
He needs to go, thanks for your service but we need a fresh voice.

Sayonara.gif

Who put that in our heads, every year the coaches say how good the list is? Is it wrong to think that the coaches should be improving the team?

Port fans over rate our list. I don't think we've ever had more than one player playing A+ grade football at the same time in the hinkley era. Compare that to other succesful teams and suddenly it’s obvious that Hinkley is getting the most out of players that he Ken.
The most that he Ken because he’s not capable of doing better. He Ken’t.

Ok, so let's say hypothetically he extracted a good winning record with a limited list. Then how come the teams we beat comfortably through the regular season give us a good old reaming come finals time. This is the definition of poor coaching
Because our players arent that good. This happens in the NBA all the time

This is the worst possible argument.

You should only keep a coach if you believe he can win you a GF. Hinkley can't and wont. Thus it doesn't matter who else is out there, you try someone new until you find the magic combination. As has happened for over a hundred years.

The secondary counter to this argument, is the stupidity to think that the next candidate has to be obvious. Clarkson won 4 flags, he was an unknown assistant on Port's panel, no one would've been flagging him as the best option available when Hawthorn picked him up. Hardwick as well. McRae as well. You could go on and on. Coaches need to start somewhere. And all those clubs have benefitted from taking the risk that we have not taken. There's also been many new coaches that fail, but it is better to have taken that shot to be sitting there hopelessly. Meanwhile here we are in a record AFL/SANFL 20 year premiership and 17 year GF drought, still no closer to any success, because we have decided that staying with the guy who is not good enough is the best option.

It's just absolute stupidity.

We exist to win flags, or at least try.

We don't exist to just be pretty good and not bottom out.

You and your shit arguments are exactly why our club are stuck in this mediocrity accepting mess it is. The worst period in the All time history of our club.
Our list since Ken took over has not been a 60% win rate list. You don't win 60% of games with any old coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back