Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t he supposed to be one of the most sought after sport administrators in Australia?

Lol do you actually believe that?

The only person who has ever reported him as someone "in demand," is Caro. Of course, that is the very equivalent of me going to Caro, telling her I'm in demand, and then for her to report I'm in demand, catch my drift?

A very good source connected to the AFL have told me CD was never even considered for any of the high executive roles that Caro said he was high on the list for in the last few years.

Lol do you actually believe that?

The only person who has ever reported him as someone "in demand," is Caro. Of course, that is the very equivalent of me going to Caro, telling her I'm in demand, and then for her to report I'm in demand, catch my drift?

A very good source connected to the AFL have told me CD was never even considered for any of the high executive roles that Caro said he was high on the list for in the last few years.
Mine was a rhetorical question.

Can't believe we allowed CD that snake to have the Summer of George. That thread needs to be erased.

We didn’t know better back then.

He did deserve all the praise given to him.

He’s the one who threw the support away.

The thread is evidence that the problem doesn’t lie on our end.

I am that pissed off with the treatment of Port supporters this week that I am tempted to book a flight to Melbourne on Sunday so that I can boo the prick as I can't wait until Saturday week to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch the pile on from the happy clappers and media on the new coach if we don't immediately win a flag.

You see Kenny has gone and nothing changed.

You can almost hear the lobbying to bring Kenny back
A few of them will absolutely do this, but the important thing in that scenario is that Ken has departed, and even if they're saying that nothing has changed we know that a great many of them don't think deeply enough to know if things are better or worse.

The next coach in may or may not take us to a flag, but Ken sure as hell won't, a few upset clappers and media shills hanging on to a 12 year failure is a small price to pay to move on to a fresh voice and fresh opportunity. Plenty of the happy clappers will clap for the next guy, only a handful of martyrs will continue to clap for Ken ahead of wanting the next guy to succeed.

And if the next guy does succeed and wins a flag, and Ken gets credited by those final hangers on, then so be it - it'd only be in the minds of those simple few.

Agreed, Buckley has been there and done that as a successful Port player who would in my opinion at the very least do his part in getting the list back to believing again in what was once the club's core values!
My concern with Bucks is he's been loosely linked to the Tassy gig.
Maguire pushing him may very well be to get him back into the 'system' sooner than he otherwise would if he got the Tas gig.
Where would that leave us, Carr would move on and so might Bucks in 3yrs.
Not worth the risk.

I say stick with Carr.
Whatever he brought that got us 13 straight has to be explored in the senior role.

View attachment 2030600

Ah yes. A negative Showdown record against the rancid bowl of dogsh¡t that is 2013-2024 Adelaide Crows and getting smashed by 12 goals in a Home Prelim by the Christmas Island Bulldogs is “squeezing the absolute best out of a group”.
And Crows have still made more Grand Finals than us during that 2013-2024 period.

My concern with Bucks is he's been loosely linked to the Tassy gig.
Maguire pushing him may very well be to get him back into the 'system' sooner than he otherwise would if he got the Tas gig.
Where would that leave us, Carr would move on and so might Bucks in 3yrs.
Not worth the risk.

I say stick with Carr.
Whatever he brought that got us 13 straight has to be explored in the senior role.
The club owes it too it's members to leave no stone unturned to find the best available person to coach Port Adelaide, anything less and they may as well shut up shop.

The club owes it too it's members to leave no stone unturned to find the best available person to coach Port Adelaide, anything less and they may as well shut up shop.
Totally agreed, but we also dont want a 3yr interim coach as it'll give the 'stability is king' mob ammunition.
Imagine if we took Bucks, didnt advance and he left for the $$'s the AFL/Tas may throw, not only would we be back to square one, but it would empower those who wanted to keep Ken and possibly go against us pushing for full member control of the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back