Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Sack Koch and Hinkley will literally flee. we don't even need to Sack Hinkley he'll just run scared when Koch is gone. Sack Koch
This X Plenty, I have long held the opinion that any public derision aimed specifically at koch and he would collapse quicker than an empty margarine container under the wheels of a London bus!

I suspect it won't happen as kern is obviously seen as the primary target for the crap the club has become, but a well orchestrated `Sack Koch' campaign aimed directly at his enabler could have the effect of smashing both of them back into the never never where they belong!

Kornes: Amon is a much better player at Hawthorn than he was at Port Adelaide..

What's the difference Kane? eh

It's a ridiculous statement by Cornes. Port developed Amon from a pick 68 in the National Draft to a quality AFL player who Hawthorn actively headhunted. Any improvement has been on an expected curve with his experience and seniority.

Like most here I don't really care if Ken loves the players or if they love him and they all get on so well in syndicates or they view him as father figure or whatever. Ken is hired as the Senior Coach, not to run an orphanage program.

By all means, it was a win so that beats the alternative. But I am equally concerned we played so poorly for large parts of the game against a poor St Kilda team who are 15th for a reason.

If the hierarchy think the players all did it for Ken and our structures and game plan showed we can compete with the best teams kicking eight goals and our rampaging 0.3 final term is proof of that, I guess those within the club will not be convinced otherwise. But it was an awful game of football and I think there are still more questions than answers on where we are heading, even after banking four points.

Like most here I don't really care if Ken loves the players or if they love him and they all get on so well in syndicates or they view him as father figure or whatever. Ken is hired as the Senior Coach, not to run an orphanage program.

By all means, it was a win so that beats the alternative. But I am equally concerned we played so poorly for large parts of the game against a poor St Kilda team who are 15th for a reason.

If the hierarchy think the players all did it for Ken and our structures and game plan showed we can compete with the best teams kicking eight goals and our rampaging 0.3 final term is proof of that, I guess those within the club will not be convinced otherwise. But it was an awful game of football and I think there are still more questions than answers on where we are heading, even after banking four points.

Anyone who saw anything resembling a forward structure in that game must have also seen the Port player Kane Farrell thought he was kicking to when he dropped an uncontested pass onto Liam Henry's tit.

Never forgot this classic. Mark never recovered after this

Always loved this moment :tearsofjoy:

It was like

200w.gif

Should get little packets of tissues and toss them to Ken when he’s on the bench.

I can’t believe he actually cried.

This is not my Port Adelaide.

No wonder the team is mentally weak and fragile in big games and set shots.

Ken would be a fantastic aus kick coach. Hurry up Jordan and have some grandkids ffs.
1719793337719.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Report back from the flight - uneventful. Not much talking going on between the players, and they were all very tired. Hinkley really kept to himself and looked pretty cooked tbh.
There was this high flying loser couple (who Richardson acknowledged coming through) who kept talking to Wines about the "outside pressure from a small minority.. tough week.."... Wines clearly giving them the "shut up stare".

Sorry I couldn't cause a scene but I do rely on air travel and a clean criminal record.. lol.
There was a camera waiting for him at the gate in Adelaide so hopefully they zoomed in on him lol.

Report back from the flight - uneventful. Not much talking going on between the players, and they were all very tired. Hinkley really kept to himself and looked pretty cooked tbh.
There was this high flying loser couple (who Richardson acknowledged coming through) who kept talking to Wines about the "outside pressure from a small minority.. tough week.."... Wines clearly giving them the "shut up stare".

Sorry I couldn't cause a scene but I do rely on air travel and a clean criminal record.. lol.
There was a camera waiting for him at the gate in Adelaide so hopefully they zoomed in on him lol.
I was on the flight back from the Brisbane QF with the players. I couldn't imagine interacting with the players whether it be praise or giving them a hard time. They're just trying get home and it seems so out of line.

I was on the flight back from the Brisbane QF with the players. I couldn't imagine interacting with the players whether it be praise or giving them a hard time. They're just trying get home and it seems so out of line.
That's right, time and a place for everything and this isn't right. I actually had Boak next to me, just a quick "Hi Travis" upon boarding and let him be, then he actually made conversation towards the end of the flight. Nice guy.

He never ever ever talks about doing it for the members..

It’s even more jarring given his recent pivot to “I get it, I understand [the criticism]”.

Has clearly been given some feedback and coaching by his manager or the club on how to empathetically navigate discontent, after a decade of tone-deaf ‘white noise/I wouldn’t change a thing’-type comments to go with the usual smirking and loathsome arrogance.

I’m pretty sure Higgins had part of his brain removed a couple years ago. That was basically why we won
Like someone said on Twatter, the way we played mirrored last week, but this time against shit opposition.

Then old mate Donuts goes and says in an interview the manner in which they played indicated they had his back.

Poetic really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back