Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Former Port Coach Gives Ken Hinkley Some Free Advice About Turning The Club Around​

By Tim Ashdown 28 August 2018

“Ken needs to talk straight, not corporate speak,” Choco told FIVEAA. “He needs to be real and genuine so the players really believe in what he’s doing.”​

“I listen to the press conferences — ‘I know the what, but I’m not sure of the why’ and all this stuff — it probably can fool a lot of people.​

“I’m not sure how he’s done this, having lived in Adelaide for a fair time, he has the media eating out of his hand. It’s almost like they apologise for the question before they ask him.​

Gotta love Mark, he says it how it is.

Last edited:
We absolutely must not fall for the "they are going to do it at the end of the season anyway". We know they are just waiting for any sign of the members easing so they can see out the contract.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
100%. The only way he is leaving is if the members force him out. It's now or never.

Former Port Coach Gives Ken Hinkley Some Free Advice About Turning The Club Around​

By Tim Ashdown 28 August 2018

“Ken needs to talk straight, not corporate speak,” Choco told FIVEAA. “He needs to be real and genuine so the players really believe in what he’s doing.”​

“I listen to the press conferences — ‘I know the what, but I’m not sure of the why’ and all this stuff — it probably can fool a lot of people.​

“I’m not sure how he’s done this, having lived in Adelaide for a fair time, he has the media eating out of his hand. It’s almost like they apologise for the question before they ask him.​

Gotta love Mark, he says it how it is.

Heck me, that's from 6 years ago and nothing's changed.

Choco must be wondering what bizarro-world he has stumbled upon.

To be fair to Kane, he didn’t try to spin the win over the Saints as anything but kicking the can down the road for another week.

.I truly believe that the current club custodians despise the clubs ethos that we love.

Success of those in the past is just that, the past Hanging like a millstone rather than being embraced.

I have no doubt that Kenny has built relationships , strong relationships with key players and admin. Particularly enhanced through the pandemic when those were the only people you would see.

But it is about the football.

We play ugly with poor structure, rely on individual brilliance and lack real heart and resolve.

He may be their mate, he may be a good fellow to those he cares about

But the football isn't successful.

We are absolutely in a fight for the soul of the club as those at the club think that it is.

1719805351872.jpeg

(1) They’re absolute idiots if they do, because Ken loves throwing them under the wheels when there’s responsibility to be taken.

(2) “When they play like that”. WTF. Yesterdays performance was absolute dogshit, we fell over the line due to the ineptitude of one of the worst teams in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2035962

(1) They’re absolute idiots if they do, because Ken loves throwing them under the wheels when there’s responsibility to be taken.

(2) “When they play like that”. WTF. Yesterdays performance was absolute dogshit, we fell over the line due to the ineptitude of one of the worst teams in the comp.
A case of stockholm syndrome.

View attachment 2035962

Can somebody please mock this one up and have Sarah Jones asking "How do you feel Ken" and Ken replying "Very hard".

Nah it’s the list moit

The funny thing is, I actually think Hinkley is currently getting a reasonable level of performance from the list at his disposal. It's certainly not overachieving or total maximum level of performance but it's about what you'd expect if you were a neutral and looked at our list. The big issue for me is that this guy has had much better lists in the past and failed to have them a) consistently qualify for finals and b) actually perform when they do get to finals - so why would you trust him to be in charge of developing the current list knowing that even if it does improve it won't amount to anything on his watch?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back