Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

How can Damien Barratt not know that his comments are a red rag to a bull?
Does he not know anything about this club?

Barrett was pretty much the only journo to not sink the boots in to us in 2011. I remember he done a special on the footy show, came to Adelaide, gave the club and Primus air time and it was all quite fair and reasonable and no doomsday Fitzroy comparisons 'move to Tasmania' that every other media was running with at the time.

So for that, I'll always be grateful that he actually done his job better than anyone else who was happy to pot us for two minutes before returning to whatever was happening at Essendon/Carlton/Collingwood for the next hour.

But... Bugger him for this.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

The bloke you responded to clearly has no idea how strong the original SANFL and WAFL comps were before the draft system hit them, eg `amateur local comp' Port Adelaide kicked what was supposed to be a strong Footscray line up off the park at the parade in a night series in the mid 1970's, another `amateur local' team in Norwood absolutely smashed Carlton a few weeks later, North Adelaide defeated Collingwood at Waverley in Melbourne, and the top WAFL teams were extremely hard for any oppo to defeat in WA.

I can't recall who on here suggested this only a few days ago but our top 4 or 5 teams were very competitive against the lower half of VFL ladder back then, and I can recall John Cahill saying when he came back to Adelaide after his two year stint with Collingwood in the early 1980s that there were players on their list who wouldn't have got a game at Alberton.

The fellow went for it again. Out of respect, I am a guest there, I decided not to continue.

I'm telling you guys, 13 more years and we'll all be eating our words when Ken wins us a preseason cup.
The only thing Hinkley will ever win is the title of least successful coach in history.

Still holds up one year later.
View attachment 2039580

Onya Lewy, now fess up who on here is Lewy... yep I thought so, we all are.

Btw that's how you do talk back radio, get your ducks lined up then pull the trigger.

Both barrels right between the eyes. :hearts: ya Lewy

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They hate people with memories, and the ability to put two and two together.

We're a real inconvenience.

Yep THE CLUB supporters and a lot of it's members have had enough yet we're the problem when we question

Donuts Koch and CD whose gutless response is to question our loyalty to the Club. What a nasty and sneaky mis-direction.

Listen up Donuts, the boo'ing was for you and only you ya campaigner. Don't try and muddy the waters by dragging

our players into the boo'ing. I don't care if we win today :(.

To those going let him have it like Fizzler did after the Saints game. We've got our foot on his throat

this time so let the weasel know he out stayed his use by date years ago.

Last edited:
Everything at the club has hinkley family stink on it.

****ing lifestyle club.
This. From the hack ex players gifted football department jobs (I count Hartlett, Lobbe, Westhoff, Stewart, Sutclfife) to the jobs for family members of those in the inner sanctum, this place makes me want to spew.

That such a mediocre culture has been allowed to fester is an indictment on the pissweak culture of the club. Pafc is dead.

I don't know if you listen to Hinkley enough but the guy constantly attaches the thought of 'doubt' when he speaks about an up and coming game. I'm just having to watch games and he makes me feel like I'm about to dig my way to the centre of the Earth using a garden spade, I can only imagine the negative mental reinforcing that he places upon the players.

Or the "we expect teams to come back at us" crapola.

I hope the next coach is a genuine winner and good at articulating positive messages without trying.

The ‘doubt’ comment is so true.
Gives players a mental ‘out’.

He’s all about getting the team into finals and then just hoping it works out.

I’ve got a dodgy ankle wrapped in a brace and am at “Eduardo’s” <edit: lol make that “El Mundo”> a micro venue (lol) of the Montreux Jazz Festival here in Switzerland. Surrounded by Portugal fans who had out-shouted their French QF opponents all the way to losing the penalty shootout. Fun buggers did their best to not knock me over enough times, lacking balance as I am at the moment

Having seen a lot of this particular tournament, I could make allowances for someone on any of those teams who says THIS is a hard competition to win, that someone has to lose. And yet, they don’t. They don’t. None of them.

SACK HIM NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sick of this false narrative being driven that Hinkley turned the club around when he took over.

He was right place, right time and had the brilliant mind of Phil Walsh whose finger prints were all over the game plan.

He had Burgess who had us as the fittest team in the league, probably our greatest strength that season.

Now we look the opposite, a team devoid of any tactical nous and the most unfit in the league.

How anyone could suggest, the man that has delivered us doughnuts, absolute nada over 12 years was some heroic coach when he took over is some serious grifting.

Last edited:
Yep THE CLUB supporters and a lot of it's members have had enough yet we're the problem when we question

Donuts Koch and CD whose gutless response is to question our loyalty to the Club. What a nasty and sneaky mis-direction.

Listen up Donuts, the boo'ing was for you and only you ya campaigner. Don't try and muddy the waters by dragging

our players into the boo'ing. I don't care if we win today :(.

To those going let him have it like Fizzler did after the Saints game. We've got our foot on his throat

this time so let the weasel know he out stayed his use by date years ago.
I won't be there due to having canned my membership at the end of 2020, but if I was I would be booing kok just as loudly as I would hinkley, as there is no doubt in my mind that arrogant p*ss weak campaigner is ultimately responsible for turning the club into the franchise rubbish it is today!

Wtf. Please boo.

Opinion​

AFL 2024

Booed, under-paid and over-scrutinised: Who’d be an AFL coach?

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley.

The AFL must end the conversation about improving the lot of coaches, and act. Watching Ken Hinkley after last Sunday’s game should have proved another wake-up call.
Caroline Wilson

Caroline Wilson

Football columnist for The Ag

Who'd be an AFL coach? Um, probably almost everyone given they make between about $12,000 and $20,000 per week. Another trash article from a trash journalist who has spent her whole life living in a privileged bubble of mediocrity with no idea what the real world looks like.

Wtf. Please boo.

Opinion​

AFL 2024

Booed, under-paid and over-scrutinised: Who’d be an AFL coach?

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley.

The AFL must end the conversation about improving the lot of coaches, and act. Watching Ken Hinkley after last Sunday’s game should have proved another wake-up call.
Caroline Wilson

Caroline Wilson

Football columnist for The Ag
Underpaid is an incredible take. The AFL and it's puppets truly are "It's one banana, what could it cost, $50?" levels of out of touch with the outside world. No wonder it's $8 for an ice-cream at the games.

Anyway, sack the con man and let him find a better paying job with less scrutiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Back