Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

1994 is my favourite premiership since I started barracking for Port nearly 50 years ago. But if we somehow conjure a flag in the first year of Hinkley's successor, I'd say 1994 would be demoted to runner up. Whateley and other media oxygen thieves would no doubt claim that good old Kenny laid the foundations, and his replacement was merely the recipient of the spoils, but I wouldn't care.

and we'll say it took a real coach to get the job done

It’s always frustrated me how the happyclappers are able to remember 2012 as if it were last year, but at the same time, conveniently forget all about:

• Missing the 8 in 2015 after being flag favourites and losing to 17th and 18th.
  • Hinkley holding the club to ransom in 2017 by threatening to walk out on us for Gold Coast.
  • Missing the 8 in 2018 from 11-4 after going all in on a premiership with Rockliff, Motlop, Watts etc.
  • Losing at home to a Richmond side missing their 5 best players in 2019.
  • Missing the 8 in 2019 after losing by 86 points to a North Melbourne outfit that kicked one goal the week before and haven’t finished higher than 17th since.

That’s only scratching the surface, but the next time you get into an argument with a happyclapper, ask them how many of those things they remember happening.
Funny that they remember 2012. I bet few of them were at the games then!

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

After I finished my psych degree, I spent a couple of years doing family/relationship counselling.

One thing I got really good at was spotting crocodile tears and narcissists.

Make no mistake, Ken’s “crying” display was as fake as you’ll ever see. One give away was that he was in the “verge” of crying but never actually did it (in my experience, that is all part of the acting, it’s tough to really cry…. If you like The Sopranos, think of Tony’s Mum. He also had a weird stilted vocal style “great boys, great boys” that he thought gave his “emotions” more credibility. He’s such a weirdo).

I always found narcissists like Kenny the toughest to deal with. Why? Well, Ken doesn’t LOOK like who people think are narcissists. He’s not some influencer that you can easily see is a narcissist. And he talks like your classic bogan “everyman”.
This is a powerful tool for Ken because it makes him appear more genuine when he’s far from it. A lot of people fall for it.

The most important advice I’d have with family members dealing with narcissists was that, when they turned themselves into the “victim” (they ALWAYS do), that you need to continue being hard on them and make sure they face the consequences of their actions. Once they realise you can see through them, they will try every trick in the book (for Ken that is calling in his media mates to paint him as the victim, and now “crying” on national TV).

The key thing, now you are at the end of this horrible process dealing with Ken, is that you keep the pressure up. Boo incessantly, throw tissues/onions at him, anything really. As long as you get this cancer out of the club.

And for gods sake, DO NOT LET UP! Manipulative, cunning narcissist like Ken are like cats with nine lives. If you feel sorry for them and/or believe their “poor me” rubbish for a second, you’ll let them back in the door.

Good luck on the weekend, some things are bigger than a football match and getting a malignant narcissist like Ken out of your club finally will be a great victory.

I don't know if you listen to Hinkley enough but the guy constantly attaches the thought of 'doubt' when he speaks about an up and coming game. I'm just having to watch games and he makes me feel like I'm about to dig my way to the centre of the Earth using a garden spade, I can only imagine the negative mental reinforcing that he places upon the players.

One of the biggest changes we need to make is getting rid of the "it's all too hard" attitude.

I don't care how unlikely it is. They need to clear the decks and try and win it all THIS year with all the comments from the naysayers posted on their lockers.

Who cares if you fall short trying.

That's what the real Port Adelaide would do.

Or the "we expect teams to come back at us" crapola.

I hope the next coach is a genuine winner and good at articulating positive messages without trying.

I don't know if you listen to Hinkley enough but the guy constantly attaches the thought of 'doubt' when he speaks about an up and coming game. I'm just having to watch games and he makes me feel like I'm about to dig my way to the centre of the Earth using a garden spade, I can only imagine the negative mental reinforcing that he places upon the players.

I hope the next coach is a genuine winner and good at articulating positive messages without trying.

There's no doubt all the older players are infected with stinkers loser mentality. I think butters, Rozee and JHF are still salvageable

The situation is 12 years of failure and ignorance. I don't like booing a Port coach but this is the club's fault, not our fault, we've done our bit, been supportive, so not a time to remain conservative. Booing Hinkley is also booing Koch and each long-term director on the board. I'd rather supporters try the avenue of booing with slower decline in attendance before immediately putting the club into tarp territory again which is crippling.

How can Damien Barratt not know that his comments are a red rag to a bull?
Does he not know anything about this club?

Barrett was pretty much the only journo to not sink the boots in to us in 2011. I remember he done a special on the footy show, came to Adelaide, gave the club and Primus air time and it was all quite fair and reasonable and no doomsday Fitzroy comparisons 'move to Tasmania' that every other media was running with at the time.

So for that, I'll always be grateful that he actually done his job better than anyone else who was happy to pot us for two minutes before returning to whatever was happening at Essendon/Carlton/Collingwood for the next hour.

But... Bugger him for this.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke you responded to clearly has no idea how strong the original SANFL and WAFL comps were before the draft system hit them, eg `amateur local comp' Port Adelaide kicked what was supposed to be a strong Footscray line up off the park at the parade in a night series in the mid 1970's, another `amateur local' team in Norwood absolutely smashed Carlton a few weeks later, North Adelaide defeated Collingwood at Waverley in Melbourne, and the top WAFL teams were extremely hard for any oppo to defeat in WA.

I can't recall who on here suggested this only a few days ago but our top 4 or 5 teams were very competitive against the lower half of VFL ladder back then, and I can recall John Cahill saying when he came back to Adelaide after his two year stint with Collingwood in the early 1980s that there were players on their list who wouldn't have got a game at Alberton.

The fellow went for it again. Out of respect, I am a guest there, I decided not to continue.

I'm telling you guys, 13 more years and we'll all be eating our words when Ken wins us a preseason cup.
The only thing Hinkley will ever win is the title of least successful coach in history.

Still holds up one year later.
View attachment 2039580

Onya Lewy, now fess up who on here is Lewy... yep I thought so, we all are.

Btw that's how you do talk back radio, get your ducks lined up then pull the trigger.

Both barrels right between the eyes. :hearts: ya Lewy

Last edited:
They hate people with memories, and the ability to put two and two together.

We're a real inconvenience.

Yep THE CLUB supporters and a lot of it's members have had enough yet we're the problem when we question

Donuts Koch and CD whose gutless response is to question our loyalty to the Club. What a nasty and sneaky mis-direction.

Listen up Donuts, the boo'ing was for you and only you ya campaigner. Don't try and muddy the waters by dragging

our players into the boo'ing. I don't care if we win today :(.

To those going let him have it like Fizzler did after the Saints game. We've got our foot on his throat

this time so let the weasel know he out stayed his use by date years ago.

Last edited:
Everything at the club has hinkley family stink on it.

****ing lifestyle club.
This. From the hack ex players gifted football department jobs (I count Hartlett, Lobbe, Westhoff, Stewart, Sutclfife) to the jobs for family members of those in the inner sanctum, this place makes me want to spew.

That such a mediocre culture has been allowed to fester is an indictment on the pissweak culture of the club. Pafc is dead.

The ‘doubt’ comment is so true.
Gives players a mental ‘out’.

He’s all about getting the team into finals and then just hoping it works out.

I’ve got a dodgy ankle wrapped in a brace and am at “Eduardo’s” <edit: lol make that “El Mundo”> a micro venue (lol) of the Montreux Jazz Festival here in Switzerland. Surrounded by Portugal fans who had out-shouted their French QF opponents all the way to losing the penalty shootout. Fun buggers did their best to not knock me over enough times, lacking balance as I am at the moment

Having seen a lot of this particular tournament, I could make allowances for someone on any of those teams who says THIS is a hard competition to win, that someone has to lose. And yet, they don’t. They don’t. None of them.

SACK HIM NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back