Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice of our senior coach to basically throw JHF under the bus at the press conference.
A simple " we talked about it when he came off, he's still young, he'll learn" would have been sufficient.
Nice way to divert attention from the ever predictable game plan and its failure when there's any sort of expectation.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Board are well aware of the fans' opinion surrounding the senior coach. Most importantly, they have enough contacts and connections in the media that enabled them to shut down the talk of Ken's possible dismissal after that Brisbane game. They instead chose to let it run.

The only disappointing thing is that shortly before Ken gets sacked, I don't expect to hear a "Ken's got the full support of the Board" simply because Richo and Koch are forever nowhere to be seen this year.

I really appreciate your updates and positivity mate. I can't accept that he's definitely going until he's gone, but with you so sure I feel like I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel.

Have you got any insight into the galaxy brained decision to extend his contract in 2023? Are we just the dumbest bunch of morons going around or did a certain board member lead the charge or what.

Of all the poor decisions surrounding Hinkley, that's the one that gets me.

It's such a pisstake that the club, not for the first time, traded our draft hand to bring in players required for Hinkley to have a run at a flag, only for the team to miss finals, and for us to be told it's the players again (Ken/CD)

How he escapes accountability year after year from all and sundry is incredible.

It's such a pisstake that the club actually believed that Ken was gonna win us a flag this year!

The silence from the club during the booing was kinda telling, I think it's finally dawned on them that the common denominator all along is the issue.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And that pick is looking like a top 10 pick.

All for a fringe defender and a 2 ruckmen, who can't both play at once.

Another blunder from our club that would see someone fall on their swords at any other major professional sports team in the world.

Not here though.

I really appreciate your updates and positivity mate. I can't accept that he's definitely going until he's gone, but with you so sure I feel like I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel.

Have you got any insight into the galaxy brained decision to extend his contract in 2023? Are we just the dumbest bunch of morons going around or did a certain board member lead the charge or what.

Of all the poor decisions surrounding Hinkley, that's the one that gets me.

I've got a fair idea as to what happened last year but if I say everything I know, I'd lose confidence in the people telling it to me.

I can say definitively that even though the press release said the decision to extend Ken was unanimous by the footy committee and the Board - it was only unanimous once they had come to the conclusion as to what they were going to do about Ken. I hope you can draw the necessary conclusions from that.

This is just my own personal opinion, but I think Koch was getting heckled on radio an in interview about Ken, and threw out the August timeline off the cuff as a way of shutting the noise up. At the time no one expected to go on a 13 game streak and by August they would have expected to be out of finals contention so the decision would have been easy.

Then the 13 game streak came and Koch ended up looking like an idiot having to double down on his August timeline. Completely unnecessary, and a gaffe that defied all logic both back then and in hindsight.

simply because Richo and Koch are forever nowhere to be seen this year.
Except when Richo comes out and proclaims we're on the right trajectory...... Meanwhile.......

2020: 1st -> 3rd
2021: 2nd -> 3rd
2022: 11th
2023: 3rd -> 5th
2024: 11-13th (expected finish)

Except when Richo comes out and proclaims we're on the right trajectory...... Meanwhile.......

2020: 1st -> 3rd
2021: 2nd -> 3rd
2022: 11th
2023: 3rd -> 5th
2024: 11-13th (expected finish)
Anyone see a pattern here, or is it a complete coincidence that 22 and 24 were off-contract years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back