Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we just get someone to hook up the sound system at Adelaide oval with loud booing every time Hinkley is on screen ect.
Need to get someone to make sure Hinkley is on the screen... no doubt the club has directed that he not be shown unless it's a good win.

I think his casualness is because 'HE HAS' been told he's out the door.

They can't hand the keys to Carr and then expect he will just be coach next year because it is too close to the end now.

They have left themselves in a shitty position and making Ken just hang about means a cleaner break at the end of the season, or a couple of games left.

I think Ken's resigned to the fact he's gone and knows it.

God I hope your right

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ken acting on the sidelines towards key players that have carried him have opened the door for the media to push on that its all on the players

👇

The Worst Bit - Jason Horne-Francis and Port Adelaide

~ Gerard Whateley

📻 SEN 1116

View attachment 2048976
Kounsellor Kenny

It will be the football committee not the board that has to make the hard call.

We know one has the stomach for it but the rest...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who is on the football committee? I thought that was predominantly Davies and Hinkley (a subset of the greyhound syndicate). Who else? Snowdon I think. This board is going to have to act regardless of the committee's recommendation.

Who is on the football committee? I thought that was predominantly Davies and Hinkley (a subset of the greyhound syndicate). Who else? Snowdon I think. This board is going to have to act regardless of the committee's recommendation.
Cucksissy

Tredrea
Rob Snowden
Cassissi
Cos Cardone
Chris Davies
Matt Richardson
Jason Cripps

If you know any of them or have them on social media...

Tredrea
Rob Snowden
Cassissi
Cos Cardone
Chris Davies
Matt Richardson
Jason Cripps

Now that Warren is on there, there’s a couple more that might be prepared to speak up, knowing they will be backed up.

Tredrea
Rob Snowden
Cassissi
Cos Cardone
Chris Davies
Matt Richardson
Jason Cripps

Thanks.

We know voters for Hinkley are Davies and Cassisi.

I reckon this season may have gotten Richardson changing his mind.

I didn't think Tredrea was on it already. Didn't think the board wanted him that close to the pulse.

Snowdon recommended Hinkley last year I heard.

Yep. There's absolutely nothing we can get out of the last 6 weeks of this season. It's over and everyone knows it. But we're going to limp to the end, playing the same players we always do, playing the same way we always do, waiting for our 'mathematical' finals hopes to be extinguished before we pull the trigger on the absolute inevitable. Totally boring.
Which is precisely why a large portion of Port fans are feeling so disengaged right now - they're feeling like every game is groundhog day. Of course, not everyone feels that way: while Tredders was on 5AA tonight, one caller was complaining about all the negativity from Port fans - "I'm just trying to support my team, but everyone is bad mouthing the club and the coach: it's not right", or words to that effect." 🥴

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks.

We know voters for Hinkley are Davies and Cassisi.

I reckon this season may have gotten Richardson changing his mind.

I didn't think Tredrea was on it already. Didn't think the board wanted him that close to the pulse.

Snowdon recommended Hinkley last year I heard.

Tredrea joined the footy committee the moment he joined the Board.

As for Snowdon, he's close with Josh Carr. I'll let you draw your own conclusions irrespective of what he might have "recommended" last year.

Tredrea joined the footy committee the moment he joined the Board.

As for Snowdon, he's close with Josh Carr. I'll let you draw your own conclusions irrespective of what he might have "recommended" last year.
I don't know who you are chewy.... But you give me hope.

That was a quiet word? He's such a showboater. Can't help himself. Has to do it on the bench knowing full well the camera's on him instead of in the huddle or even better, down the rooms.
I wonder if Hinkley has considered the possibility that his eternal failure of a game plan is the cause of much of the frustration. When we finally get a new coach, I'm sure the demeanour of the players will be far different.

Last edited:
Heard from a mate that the Port fans were queuing up today on AA to complain about Hinkley, the club not having the ticker to remove him and the Victorian media for protecting him. They were done.

Marshall and Finlayson were getting it too.

I'm sure the board must be hearing the beating of the jungle drums.

Hinkley in yesterday's press conference;

"They done better than us"
"We're really looking in the moment now because we can't afford to go past it"

How can the football committee listen to this imbecile and believe he is the guy to take us to our next flag?

I dont want a boys club josh carr appointment. I dont care who is close to who. I want the best person for the job.

My old man is the eternal optimist about anything and everything. I was with him at work today and off he goes analysing Port's final 6 game schedule, saying how they need 3 wins to make the finals, it's very doable etc.

I said to him "I'm going to be cheering for Richmond on Saturday."

When he asked why, I told him "Simply put, would you rather make finals this year and potentially open up Pandora's Box to let Hinkley coach in 2025? Or would you rather they miss the finals this year which will guarantee his dismissal?"

Was an easy answer once he saw it from that perspective.

Mind you, if they lose to Richmond, I won't be surprised to see Ken sacked before the Carlton game. Results are going to dictate his future very soon.

Heard from a mate that the Port fans were queuing up today on AA to complain about Hinkley, the club not having the ticker to remove him and the Victorian media for protecting him. They were done.

Everyman and his dog knows what Everyman and his dog thinks…..

It’s over. Kens gone.

Hinkley in yesterday's press conference;

"They done better than us"
"We're really looking in the moment now because we can't afford to go past it"

How can the football committee listen to this imbecile and believe he is the guy to take us to our next flag?
Adam Sandler Water GIF

Hinkley before the boys run out on the field.

I only heard two calls before I got home and both were scathing of Hinkley, the game plan and his baffling protection racket.

They sort of lose their impetus when they start to rag on individual players and I think Rowie/Timmy start to tune out too. Keep it succinct or you just sound like a lunatic.

My old man is the eternal optimist about anything and everything. I was with him at work today and off he goes analysing Port's final 6 game schedule, saying how they need 3 wins to make the finals, it's very doable etc.

I said to him "I'm going to be cheering for Richmond on Saturday."

When he asked why, I told him "Simply put, would you rather make finals this year and potentially open up Pandora's Box to let Hinkley coach in 2025? Or would you rather they miss the finals this year which will guarantee his dismissal?"

Was an easy answer once he saw it from that perspective.

Mind you, if they lose to Richmond, I won't be surprised to see Ken sacked before the Carlton game. Results are going to dictate his future very soon.
You have made clear the bulk of your DNA comes from your mother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back