Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the he'll does the club (Koch) go from giving him 2 years before finals start (last year), to apparently deciding to sack him with a year to go if he doesn't win a flag this year.

It's just crazy.
Doesn't make sense which is why I don't believe it. For that to happen Koch would have to admit, or imply, that he made a mistake.

I actually think he'll go on and finish his last year next year now even if we fall flat on our arse

It's just hilarious, they just can't do it.
I can not do another year of Hinkley.

I've watched like 2 full games this season...

I get no enjoyment out of port...

Opening at Essendon would be a great fit for Hinkley.

Well they tried to get him at the end of 2022 before they settled on Brad Scott.

I actually think he'll go on and finish his last year next year now even if we fall flat on our arse

It's just hilarious, they just can't do it.
I've enjoy Chewy's posts but history tells us these blokes will hang onto their jobs at a mediocre whack for as long as possible and the only honour they have is honouring the contracts they essentially give each other.

This is not the aflw thread but the re-signing of Arnell (albeit 1 year extension) correlates heavily with the club's mindset and it's wrong. Promising start, stark regression last year to the point where we were uncompetitive in games particularly in comparison with Sydney and Essendon. Even Lauren mentioned stability herself. Stability is only good when you have the right people in place. The extension was the wrong call and I believe it will be proven. Hinkley should've been sacked end of 2017. We should change from Port Adelaide Power to Port Adelaide Meanderers.

For someone that is gone if there is no GF, sure has gone from crying and I want the job to looking very comfortable again, there has to be something going on that only he and Koch knows.
I really appreciate the inside words I hear but with this club, it's I'll believe it when I see it. Ken has more than just his job to worry about, he also has family working at our his club, a home in Adelaide. I. Am not hearing of any movement any where.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not the aflw thread but the re-signing of Arnell (albeit 1 year extension) correlates heavily with the club's mindset and it's wrong. Promising start, stark regression last year to the point where we were uncompetitive in games particularly in comparison with Sydney and Essendon. Even Lauren mentioned stability herself. Stability is only good when you have the right people in place. The extension was the wrong call and I believe it will be proven. Hinkley should've been sacked end of 2017. We should change from Port Adelaide Power to Port Adelaide Meanderers.
Definitely, it was time to move in from Arnell.

This is what happens when your club is teeming with social climbers, rich idiots, grifters and opportunists.

All the cart-before-horse nonsense about “stability” and widespread gaslighting regarding entitled agitators not understanding the increased degree of difficulty of the AFL, is malignant cancer that kills ruthless high-performance culture which served the club very very well for the better part of 60 years.

I've enjoy Chewy's posts but history tells us these blokes will hang onto their jobs at a mediocre whack for as long as possible and the only honour they have is honouring the contracts they essentially give each other.

Yeah look even I would have a hard time believing what I'm posting here if I didn't know who the people I'm speaking to are 😂.

I agree with your stability notion - however pot shotting the Club over an extension of the women's coach is ridiculous. Take a look at the playing list of the women's side - it is so young and clearly inferior to the majority of other teams. Very hard to evaluate any coach when they're given a heap of shit to work with. In this case she deserves at least another 2 years to determine if she can hack it or not.

For someone that is gone if there is no GF, sure has gone from crying and I want the job to looking very comfortable again, there has to be something going on that only he and Koch knows.
I really appreciate the inside words I hear but with this club, it's I'll believe it when I see it. Ken has more than just his job to worry about, he also has family working at our his club, a home in Adelaide. I. Am not hearing of any movement any where.

No chance that Koch and Ken have a private agreement in place.
They've won 4 in a row, are second on the ladder and have a very healthy list entering the finals. Ken has every reason right now to be up and about because he won't get a better chance to win a flag than this year.

His margin for error remains extremely slim at this point though.

I agree with your stability notion - however pot shotting the Club over an extension of the women's coach is ridiculous. Take a look at the playing list of the women's side - it is so young and clearly inferior to the majority of other teams. Very hard to evaluate any coach when they're given a heap of shit to work with. In this case she deserves at least another 2 years to determine if she can hack it or not.
Our standards slipped past year. That has nothing to do with the young list. This regime has a strong history of unwarranted contract extensions. I am a foundation aflw member but have not renewed as yet. Will go to Alberton and have a look tomorrow morning.

I posted similar thoughts across on the AFLW thread. Re appointing Arnell was almost a carbon copy of Hinkley's premature re signing. The appointment of Lauren Arnell was one of those 'how good are we' Koch appointments. They should have gone out and got an experienced AFL player to Coach as several other clubs have done with their AFLW set up. Instead Koch goes for a trail blazing female appopintment with no previous senior coaching experience and little playing experience. If Arnell does not work out this season the AFLW side will be in the same situation as their male counterparts. Stuck with a coach who cannot get results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back