Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even some detractors within the Club are starting to wonder whether the team has indeed turned the corner for the better.

I can't recall this much optimism within the Club under Hinkley. Maybe 2020, but they've been building to this stage for the last few years whereas 2020 came out of nowhere and things were largely an unknown.

Let's just enjoy the ride for now.
bumpy-ride.gif
i'm ready for the ride

no worries ill leave it here, I suggest you read the rules also

* Spirited debate is encouraged but over-the-top criticism of players and/or officials is not welcome.

GO KEN! great coach, great person
Implying any criticism of Hinkley is over-the-top.

SACK BALD COACH-MAN. Mediocre coach, demonstrably awful person.

boooo! go ken! time to eat my banana paddlepop
Ha! You probably pee in the bath when it starts to get cold just so you can experience an extra minute of lukewarm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Ollie Wines’ milestone game this weekend 5AA posted the video of Tim Ginever talking to the players before Ollie Wines debut in 2013. Telling the players what Port Adelaide people expect.

The final part of that speech feels particularly relevant and a good reminder to people telling us to be pleased with 12 years of underperformance when it matters:

“Third and final thing I want to put inside your head is that we exist to win premierships. Winning is everything. Somebody else tells you something else, they’re not Port Adelaide. They don’t think like Port Adelaide. That’s all we accept.”

When people go on about the 60% home and away winning percentage they miss the point that for Port Adelaide people it’s about winning premierships, and that’s what we judge him on.

I hope Ken finally converts this opportunity, if he doesn’t sack him.

18 team competition with Port usually in the 8 suggest he’s coached bottom 10 sides circa 42% more often than top 8 sides.

• 36-4 against GC/StK/NM
• 11-12 against Adelaide
• 1-4 in cutthroat finals at Adel Oval*
• Longest-serving coach in VFL/AFL history without a Grand Final appearance

*including a 71pt defeat to the Christmas Island Bulldogs in the 2021 Prelim, which is the record heaviest home final defeat suffered by a non-Vic team against an interstate opponent in the history of the national comp.

But please continue.

We love being told by eastern seaboard randos how a guy who can barely string a sentence together and has collected over $7,000,000 of our membership dollars to do it is such a supercoach.

How desperate are opposition supporters coming in here to defend Ken, twisting facts, and telling the world that he has enough credits in the bank to coach Port until he's 90!
I guess the real point is, would they be happy to have him as their coach? If the answer is no, then I smell hypocrisy.

I guess the real point is, would they be happy to have him as their coach? If the answer is no, then I smell hypocrisy.

It’s genuinely insane behaviour.

If Brisbane fans wanted to part ways with Fagan, or Bulldogs fans wanted to part ways with Beveridge, I can think of roughly 13,000 things I’d sooner do than venture over to their board and lecture them with the exact same gaslighting groupthink we’ve endured for the better part of a decade.

It’s genuinely insane behaviour.

If Brisbane fans wanted to part ways with Fagan, or Bulldogs fans wanted to part ways with Beveridge, I can think of roughly 13,000 things I’d sooner do than venture over to their board and lecture them with the exact same gaslighting groupthink we’ve endured for the better part of a decade.
And if we part ways with Hinkley at the end of the year, and happen to go all the way in 2025, we'd have reason to tell opposition fans, "So please tell me - why were we supposed to keep Ken again?"

Hey - a man can dream.......

Interesting.

Here is way to look at it: since 2015, Adelaide have won double the amount of finals as Port Adelaide and Adelaide haven't even appeared in a finals series since 2017.

Cry-baby Ken - the Doc Rivers of the AFL.

Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back