Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they only keep things confidential if the leading candidate is an under contract head coach currently involved in finals?

Unless they are a tin pot organisation any recruitment process should respect the confidentiality of the applicants.
In the current media world, it's simply difficult to keep anything under wraps. Plus we keep hearing about potential candidates pulling out, everyone aside from Montgomery seems to have said no. I think there are media leaks everywhere these days

The irony is, many people thought Tredrea coming on board would see the sudden end of Ken.

My take is that Tredrea is always about Port being the best it can be, and he has overseen changes to the football department and on-field thinking that has seen this turnaround in form and on-field presence.

Accountability has returned and some people aren't getting away with snowing the less football aware people.

I've said a few times that the brand of football Port has played since the Brisbane game for the most part is as close as I've ever seen in this era to ye olde Port Adelaide football.

The pressure has been insane at times, and when it has been applied to us, instead of folding, we turned our heat up and melted teams.

There are characters in our team who thrive on this and they are becoming dominant influences, but the game plan looks different too.

If we fall at these final hurdles again, then we know it will be the end for some.
Given what we undisputedly know of the current coach from over 11 years of evidence and the stark change since the Brisbane game, there is no way the change has been brought about by Hinkley.

Given how far outside the normal parameters of coach responsibility we are these days (unprecedented length of tenure, sitting on the bench dancing and drinking soda rather than being the core component of the matchday nerve centre), I’m more inclined to believe he’s along for the ride than chief architect at this point.

He's basically our version of Super Sid at this point.
Just with a better seat and more money.
No can collecting for Kenny.

Hang on... did Caro say on AA that win lose or draw Hinkley will be coaching Brisbane next year, Carr will be coaching Port and Choco will be back in a role to support Carr???

I missed the start of it but I think this was it.

Hang on... did Caro say on AA that win lose or draw Hinkley will be coaching Brisbane next year, Carr will be coaching Port and Choco will be back in a role to support Carr???

Whoooooah. Really?? Caro has a bit of a habit of being on the money.

Given what we undisputedly know of the current coach from over 11 years of evidence and the stark change since the Brisbane game, there is no way the change has been brought about by Hinkley.

The looming dichotomy is perfectly normal for a ‘stable football club’ where the ‘star coach’ has a ‘SiXtY PeRcEnT’ win-record:

• Port wins the flag: a tsunami of scarcely-believing ‘I told you so’s — including from opposition fans and talking heads who’ve been assuring us our list is dog sh¡t — that has been incubating for an unprecedented 12 seasons,

• Port flops in September yet again: if not mass suicides, another 12 months of ‘not this sh¡t again’ misery to the musical accompaniment of said opposition fans and talking heads lecturing us that we’re all delusional morons for expecting anything else,

Make.
It.
Make.
Sense.

I can't believe what she said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry to burst the bubble here.

Caro didn't say that really, Rowe stated that saying he's heard that Choco is coming to assist Carr and that Hinkley is heading up to Brisbane because Fagan is done regardless of their results this year.

Timmy stayed quite throughout it haha

I heard the tail end of it. Chewy316

I haven't heard any of it but Fagan is going no where.

If Ken gets another senior job for 2025 I firmly believe it'll be the Eagles.

In the current media world, it's simply difficult to keep anything under wraps. ...
No it isn't. Not every AFL club has an employee privy to the inside workings of the club that has a close relative in the media.

You’d be surprised just how many people think he’s done/doing a great job.
I was on a Port supporters board the other day and couldn’t believe what I was reading.
So me being me I made a comment about my thoughts on Ken and the board.
This is a sample of the replies I got 😂😂😂

Shocking board🤣🤣 you are a Negative Nancy and have no idea. What about his fantastic proven record 2nd to none win loss? You are probably one who booed against the Lions that day yea. We don't need supporters like you all your comment proves is that we have some shocking supporters who do not deserve to support this magnificent football club. First you are bagging Ken in your first post then next you bag the board what do you like about Port Adelaide? Us true supporters don't give a rats about what you think and want because you don't matter. We love Ken and love our club. You are a dh Jump over to the Clowns Negative Nancy they are full of supporters like you we don't want you.

I won’t be returning hahaha, unbelievable people.
These idiots should express their views to Jack Cahill - he'd soon set them straight that if you don't win the flag, then you've failed. We've failed 19 years in a row: longer than any period in the history of the club - what part of that fact don't these oxygen thieves understand?

These idiots should express their views to Jack Cahill - he'd soon set them straight that if you don't win the flag, then you've failed. We've failed 19 years in a row: longer than any period in the history of the club - what part of that fact don't these oxygen thieves understand?
That was basically what I said.

What surprised me most was the majority of these people are older (like myself).
They would have been around when Ebert got the sack as coach for not making a GF.
They know what Port stood for and how winning was everything.
Maybe they’ve gone soft in the head with old age?
It totally bamboozles me.

That was basically what I said.

What surprised me most was the majority of these people are older (like myself).
They would have been around when Ebert got the sack as coach for not making a GF.
They know what Port stood for and how winning was everything.
Maybe they’ve gone soft in the head with old age?
It totally bamboozles me.
The way I see it is that they’ve seen their flags and the club has built up enough karma good karma in their eyes. Someone who can remember the 1977 flag as their earliest (good starting point given the 12 year drought prior) has seen the club win 14 flags (12 senior, 2 as the PAMFC). Assuming 77 was their first year following Port, even with the current flag drought that still works out to around a flag every 3.3 years, and was one every 2 years by 2004.
The problem with this is these selfish campaigners don’t consider the younger members of the Port family. If some geriatric happy clapper wants to come at me (born 2003) for calling this shit situation out, I don’t think they can fathom the lack of success someone my age will have seen. And granted, I’m haven’t been a Port fan since birth, but there are countless fans older and younger than me who don’t remember 2004. It’s just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back