Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

It's amazing when you want something bad enough, how gullible you can become, even when your head says the opposite.

Hawthorn may have been the laughing stock last week but we will be the laughing stock for another year or more.
That’s it pal, easy to get caught up in all the excitement.
Just ride the year out and then we have the what spud is going to Port month.

Chanel 9 reporting Hinkley will be coaching Port in 2025. Seriously why would Koch do anything before the Sydney final.

No Flag no me.
He's not doing anything. Ken has a contract for next year, so basically Koch is just confirming the current status.

We're starting 2025 with Ken, I'm certain of that. They aren't sacking a coach that got us to a prelim.

The sugar hit of winning the semi could quickly fade if we get smashed this week and achieve nothing again next year.

When your Chairman glosses over a straight sets exit by saying things like:

• ‘nobody had us finishing top-4!’

• ‘a club record 13 wins in-a-row! pause for expected applause

• ‘we went out in straight sets in 2002 [sic] & 2003 [sic] and look what happened after that!’

Hinkley was safe after the Sydney game in all likelihood, regardless of any rumblings and slow-growing machinations behind the scenes.

And until our seasonal expectations are set in red ink, and not treated like a loose concept decided by outperforming what the nation’s doyens and scribes think of the talent and resources we have, that will never change, and Hinkley might as well be immortal.

We saw this in microcosm on the weekend:

• Georgiades
• Rioli
• DBJ
• Mead
• Ratugolea
• Marshall
• (JHF)

“Port have no forward line!”

• Dear
• Moore
• Ginnivan
• Watson
• Chol
• Breust
• (Sicily)

”Dhoarrr electric Hokball secks machien, pew-pew-pew!”

An honourable loss on Friday will once again be seen as a ‘successful year’ by just about everyone, when as this long-suffering community knows, it is yet another titanic failure when measured against the golden opportunity earned.

In light of the "Kens locked in for next year" report and likely hood, my question is do we finally get some transparency and confirmation that Carr will take over in 26?

Surely we don't roll into next year with old Kenny boy wink nod, "sorry Josh but reckon I might crack one last contract" and have a repeat of 23?

Surely.......

And this is all based on him getting to the GF or winning the flag.

If we lose this weekend, imagine the stickers & boos up and down port rd after his first couple losses next year!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would hope we wouldn't wait until then - if we lose on Friday night, I hope Port Road is plastered with stickers by dawn on Saturday.

When your Chairman glosses over a straight sets exit by saying things like:

• ‘nobody had us finishing top-4!’

• ‘a club record 13 wins in-a-row! pause for expected applause

• ‘we went out in straight sets in 2002 [sic] & 2003 [sic] and look what happened after that!’

Hinkley was safe after the Sydney game in all likelihood, regardless of any rumblings and slow-growing machinations behind the scenes.

And until our seasonal expectations are set in red ink, and not treated like a loose concept decided by outperforming what the nation’s doyens and scribes think of the talent and resources we have, that will never change, and Hinkley might as well be immortal.

We saw this in microcosm on the weekend:

• Georgiades
• Rioli
• DBJ
• Mead
• Ratugolea
• Marshall
• (JHF)

“Port have no forward line!”

• Dear
• Moore
• Ginnivan
• Watson
• Chol
• Breust
• (Sicily)

”Dhoarrr electric Hokball secks machien, pew-pew-pew!”

An honourable loss on Friday will once again be seen as a ‘successful year’ by just about everyone, when as this long-suffering community knows, it is yet another titanic failure when measured against the golden opportunity earned.
Just talking to a non-Port mate and tried to explain that finishing top four in 4 out of 5 seasons and (potentially) not having a single GF appearance to show for it can only be consider a massive failure.

He replies with “at a club like, say, the Kangaroos, that would be considered success”.

Ummm, no it wouldn’t bro. Even the Kangaroos wouldn’t tolerate that shit. The deepest, darkest days of Fitzroy wouldn’t have even put up with it. There isn’t a club in the land who’s supporters wouldn’t be incensed in the same situation.

My worst fears which I posted previously are making the Granny and losing it in typical Port fashion, what could be worse.
Then you realize we are stuck with Ken ****ing car salesman donuts Hinkley for another wasted year.
Turns out its worse. We make a prelim and lose in embarrassing fashion after taking all the heat off mid week and we still keep him.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My worst fears which I posted previously are making the Granny and losing it in typical Port fashion, what could be worse.
Then you realize we are stuck with Ken ****ing car salesman donuts Hinkley for another wasted year.
I'm so desperate for a GF, I'd almost take it.

I mean getting there is a big improvement, but geez I would give anything to win the whole damn thing.

Just talking to a non-Port mate and tried to explain that finishing top four in 4 out of 5 seasons and (potentially) not having a single GF appearance to show for it can only be consider a massive failure.

He replies with “at a club like, say, the Kangaroos, that would be considered success”.

Ummm, no it wouldn’t bro. Even the Kangaroos wouldn’t tolerate that shit. The deepest, darkest days of Fitzroy wouldn’t have even put up with it. There isn’t a club in the land who’s supporters wouldn’t be incensed in the same situation.
Apart from St Kilda 😂

Apparently Mitchell was seen crying outside the team bus on the way back to the hotel 🤣🤣😂
I don't have a problem with that - crying after a loss is infinitely better than smirking after one.

You know what, when no past Magpies or AFL Port players besides 1 man, in WGT speaks out publicly about the softness that has crept into the club, why the **** should we care. They have plenty of happy clappers to pay their memberships, they don't need to be held accountable to a handful of die hards like us.

I know when to quit after 44 years supporting Port Adelaide.

Last edited:
I guess there is still a chance that West Coast saw last week as an audition. But I feel that even if they came coming, the Northern Beaches spiv has backed himself into a corner and will fight them for Ken.

This is a legitimate concern shared by people at the Club.

Good wage, another year where Ken takes all the heat, another year to prepare, family prefers living in Adelaide to Perth.. it's probably quite easy to stick around.
Another year of Hinkley and I think I will be off Carr too, he doesn't seem ruthless enough to be head coach, he should be forcing their hand just like Ken did using GC.

Another year of Hinkley and I think I will be off Carr too, he doesn't seem ruthless enough to be head coach, he should be forcing their hand just like Ken did using GC.
It's hard to know what someone will be like until they have full control, I must admit though I didn't like the reports last year that he personally felt he wasn't ready, I mean jeezus you've had two stints as an assistant at Port, a stint at Freo & coached a SANFL club in between what more do you fukcin' need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back