Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe you could use the unclaimed moneys from the hat fund to book her for a guest spot at the club's next WooHoo team building away day.

Turning knowledge into action for real-world change sounds like something the club desperately needs.

View attachment 2117920

I’m thinking of booking Holly for my 50th

Will be an absolute riot!

Exit interviews with players are scheduled for the next few days, starting tomorrow I'm led to believe.

Coaching will be formally reviewed at the end of the week.

The exit interviews are neither here nor there with regards to Ken's future. Ken's future will be sorted out at an appropriate time.

You're not going to get rolling updates about what the Club are doing in relation to Ken. The next official word you'll get will be (should it happen), the moment he's officially sacked.

See that is this issue I have with this situation and a ten day delay. Ken being anywhere near exit interviews doesn't make any sense if he's on the way out. What if it is a player Ken has marked the card of that Carr has more of an opinion of.

World Economic Forum.

2tYt6V9.gif

I can't really think of a situation in world sport previously where the coach and leader of a club/team has consistently ran with "don't blame me"
And got away with it for the last 10 years. Wouldn't happen at any other Afl club & that is sickening. Very few people care about PA being a successful club, & by success I mean winning premierships & being highly respected due to this success. The Afl doesn't care, the media doesn't care, other club supporters don't care. And that is why this charade has continued for so long.

Exit interviews with players are scheduled for the next few days, starting tomorrow I'm led to believe.

Coaching will be formally reviewed at the end of the week.

The exit interviews are neither here nor there with regards to Ken's future. Ken's future will be sorted out at an appropriate time.

You're not going to get rolling updates about what the Club are doing in relation to Ken. The next official word you'll get will be (should it happen), the moment he's officially sacked.

So 2026 then

Come on chewy, don't be obtusue.

We know ken is insecure and we know he's vindictive.

Deciding to sack him, and then giving him a week (a critically important week) to scorch the earth on his way out because 'the AFL wouldn't like the optics' would be idiotic.

We do what's best for PAFC. No-one else.

You're overselling the importance of this week.
Ken has no say in list management.
The pitches to the relevant trade targets were made months ago.
He's not going to be involved in anything that will be at the detriment of the Club going forward.

See that is this issue I have with this situation and a ten day delay. Ken being anywhere near exit interviews doesn't make any sense if he's on the way out. What if it is a player Ken has marked the card of that Carr has more of an opinion of.

Ken has no say in list management and the footy committee are already well aware of Carr's opinions on the players.

Yeah I doubt Hinkley has got anywhere near that kind of power now.

He's not going to be involved in anything that will be at the detriment of the Club going forward.

Ken has no say in list management and the footy committee are already well aware of Carr's opinions on the players.
So Ken had absolutely nothing to do with bringing Ratagoulea, Soldo etc?

More likely the club thought they would have better control over Primus. Ain't
no-one messing with Chris Scott.
On what evidence is that opinion of Chris Scott as a senior coach based in August 2010? Did you pick up on that from his performance as an assistant coach at Freemantle?

In hindsight appointing Primus over Scott was a mistake but at the time it wasn't an obvious bad decision.

Matt has outstanding Port Adelaide heritage - but that was not a deciding factor in his appointment. He was the best candidate pure and simple at the end of a very demanding and competitive selection process.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this is true, then why is he still employed by the club?

He's the head coach, but he's been excluded from list management decisions.

He's the head coach, but he doesn't run the player exit interviews.

He's the head coach, but he's not involved in anything (where he can do damage) going forward.

What the **** does he do?

Yet by the club's own admission he is on the list management committee. o_O

Have you heard anything on how Josh Carr feels about things currently? If he gets impatient surely it’d pressure the club to move on faster.

To anyone on this board that is still a member.

When it comes up for 2025 renewal, remember that the most important thing to the current Port players is not winning a premiership or making the supporters happy/proud, it is their relationship with Ken Hinkley.

Your hopes for the club you have always loved pale into insignificance compared to their personal feelings for the coach.

Consider that when deciding whether to continue funding this club, which has long since abandoned all the culture, traits and tradition that made it so successful it jumped from a state league into the elite national comp.

Port Adelaide Football Club is now a cult.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back