Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Advantages of Carr over Hinkley:
  • His name isn't Hinkley
  • Different voice at training
  • I might actually watch the press conference
  • The players will have a coach, rather than a father figure (Josh isn't old enough)
No doubt there's other advantages.
*He might think having a decent gameplan is important
*he could value skill development, especially kicking and marking
  • he might believe that making space and leading are important in a forward line
  • he might believe that "turning up" is a not negotiable

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok, lets play devils advocate for a second and say the list right now isn't up to.

This is Kens twelfth season and essentially 3rd list, when do we say the guy is clearly incapable of building and developing a GF list?? Another 3-4 years making him almost a 20 year coach...pfft

And also, if he isn't to blame at all for the last twelve years of failure, surely someone is? Should probably be sacking Parker and Cripps right?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll choose my words carefully as I'm aware I'm a guest here.

There is an argument that could be made that your list isn't the best in the comp, nor was it in any of the past seasons were discussing.
The flip side is if you DO rate it as the best then you need to give Ken massive props for list management.

Personally (and being fully aware you beat us twice this year) I think you have a few areas of list weakness that the top teams can exploit.
By this logic Hinkley deserves no praise for 2013-2014.

He was willing to grade the list as not good enough earlier in the year. I don't recall a mea culpa at the time.

If Hinkley should be praised for the list if someone thinks it is good enough, he should be held accountable if it isn't.

Since you think there are a few (meaning 3-4) areas of list weakness, that is fairly glaring in a sport that has 18 on-field positions. Subsequently, he must not be deserving of the few more years you suggested earlier.

There is an argument that could be made that your list isn't the best in the comp, nor was it in any of the past seasons were discussing.
The flip side is if you DO rate it as the best then you need to give Ken massive props for list management.

Personally (and being fully aware you beat us twice this year) I think you have a few areas of list weakness that the top teams can exploit.
Try more carefully next time. That is totally illogical apologist drivel.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rozee, JHF, Butters et al will all be coached by someone else in their careers. Whether it’s next year, the year after, or 5 years away, they’ll need to accept the guidance of someone other than daddy.
Hmm, ever heard of Kool-Aid? Would life without the loving embrace of Daddy Donuts be tolerable? Can they really get along without him? Think of the children . . . embalm Kenny and let him stay forever.

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by Bombay Softwares

Is he sacked yet FFS !!!

HOW ARE WE ALL STILL WAITING FOR THIS

There's got to be something greasy going on for hinkey to still be here its been 12 years the trophy cabinet is full of spider webbs f*#k sake cut the cord Koch you peasant

There’d be a fair bit of Stockholm Syndrome involved amongst the ones who earnestly believe Hinkley is the best thing for them and the club, too.

Lifting that veil of ignorance could be the best thing for them, they just don’t know it.
Surely the players watch other games and recognise how well other teams are being coached compared to us. The ambitious ones would have to be thinking how much more successful they could be with a better coach.

You can't keep having your cake and eating it too.

If you're such a special coach you can consistently get a sub-standard list into the top 4, you can coach it to win at least 1 preliminary final.

And if your list still has holes after 12 years in charge, what have you been doing?

Tired Louie Anderson GIF by BasketsFX

Its a good and very valid point about the team going into next year with no clarity on Hinkleys future, it again will 100% be a distraction same as this year and 2023.....it's unsustainable for a group trying to win a flag.

He won't be extended, he can't coach right up until GF day without a contract for 26 as the media will have a field day on it.

Only solution is to.

A) move him on now and get the group set behind Carr for next year with nil distractions.

B) formalise Carrs succession for 26, which will still be a minor distraction

C) move him on now & replace from outside

All list arguments are irrelevant.

Our kick it to Dixon and hope strategy doesn’t work against teams with strong defences or rigid structures.

We’ve applied the same strategy since Sam Gray was in our forward line.

It. Doesn’t. Work.

Game day tactics are the domain of the head coach.

Sack Ken Hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the players watch other games and recognise how well other teams are being coached compared to us. The ambitious ones would have to be thinking how much more successful they could be with a better coach.

The foundational internal belief that Port is a pathetic minnow which has no business competing at this level, and anything above and beyond finishing bottom-4 is a miracle worthy of Mary MacKillop, is killing us.

You can't keep having your cake and eating it too.

If you're such a special coach you can get a sub-standard list into the top 4, you can coach it to win at least 1 preliminary final.

And if your list still has holes after 12 years in charge, what have you been doing?

Tired Louie Anderson GIF by BasketsFX

According to Rooch last time I txt this in "keeping port relevant for all that time"

Love just basking in all our relevance!

Its a good and very valid point about the team going into next year with no clarity on Hinkleys future, it again will 100% be a distraction same as this year and 2023.....it's unsustainable for a group trying to win a flag.

He won't be extended, he can't coach right up until GF day without a contract for 26 as the media will have a field day on it.

Only solution is to.

A) move him on now and get the group set behind Carr for next year with nil distractions.

Agree entirely.

The problem with the list is it's the one Ken wanted at the end of last season. He said after our semi-final loss to the Giants in 2023 what he thought we were lacking. Our list management team went and got him those pieces. Soldo, Sweet, BZT and Ratugolea. At a high cost too.

Then we bomb out again and the list isn't good enough when Ken said it's the best list he's ever had. There is a constant here and it's not the list. It's Ken and his game plan.

It's no coincidence that the two of the best coached sides in the competition absolutely destroyed us. Ken's game plan doesn't stack up in September. It never has bar 2013 & 14.

Back to the point you could give Ken the best list around with no holes in it and the game plan would fall apart. Us Port fans have seen it since 2015. It's just groundhog day every September.

Hi Port Power fans, just came by to say if the list is bad then that's not Hinkley's responsibility but if the list is good then that is because it is Hinkley's responsibility anyway guys have you thought about wearing black and teal prison bars anyway see you at the footy xoxo

Every player on the list fit and healthy we still lose that final because well you know why.

Half the people potting our list are across the border in a bubble trying to argue Dan Houston is only worth a 2nd rounder.

Only solution is to.

Ken doesn’t like outside help, never has.

I’d say he’s gone, I mean if he can’t except outside help how the heck is he going to except handing the reigns over in a planned approach?? Won’t happen.

The board just need that 1 vote that pushes it over the line…

The problem as I see it.. we have a game plan and list that will win 10+ games each year as it dominates shit sides. But can’t stand up against the best in the biggest games.

Means he is always a chance to get re-appointed cause kochie is just happy to be in the finals and try and prove he is right about Ken.

We almost have to burn a season to get the dickhead sacked. We need to have a poor season next year to absolutely guarantee he gets flicked..

**** these Pissweak decision makers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back