Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken seemed overly calm in the post-game presser. Maybe he is going end of year regardless and he’s resigned to the fact?

The main issue is that those that can act on the problem are the actual cause of the problem.

Spot on.

The media are a lot to blame as well for the situation we are in, if they just stuck to reporting facts and remaining relatively objective, rather than the constant opinion pieces nobody asked for, Ken may not have lasted as long as he has.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spot on.

The media are a lot to blame as well for the situation we are in, if they just stuck to reporting facts and remaining relatively objective, rather than the constant opinion pieces nobody asked for, Ken may not have lasted as long as he has.

It just goes to show how the AFL and the media work hand in hand to push what ever agenda they want. It's an organization that dictates what the media report or don't report on. A corrupt organization that cares only about making millions and making sure Victoria is always in control.
Ken is Victorian so the protection for him is ripe.
The more I think about it we are so controlled it's not our club any more.

It just goes to show how the AFL and the media work hand in hand to push what ever agenda they want. It's an organization that dictates what the media report or don't report on. A corrupt organization that cares only about making millions and making sure Victoria is always in control.

It has been kidnapped. It’s a hostage situation. We need to take it out of that somehow.

I think as a product, the AFL is arguably at an all time low, the media sit in this ivory tower potshotting fans all day long, setting narratives as they see fit and doing the AFLs bidding, the game is a mess with the concussion/penalty situation, umpires struggle week in week out.

One of the things that angers me most is Kochs faux ignorance to the Crows 2028 member control situation and our request year after year to replicate that in our own constitution. It's the first major brick in reforming our club to what most of us expect of it.

I think as a product, the AFL is arguably at an all time low, the media sit in this ivory tower potshotting fans all day long, setting narratives as they see fit and doing the AFLs bidding, the game is a mess with the concussion/penalty situation, umpires struggle week in week out.

One of the things that angers me most is Kochs faux ignorance to the Crows 2028 member control situation and our request year after year to replicate that in our own constitution. It's the first major brick in reforming our club to what most of us expect of it.

Yep you're spot on, it feels like we have our hands tied, we can't even change a 12 year failed coach. How can this control happen to the most successful traditional club in Australia, it's unbelievable.

Just relistened to my call to Finey on SEN last night and he said this to me.
“Bruno, not much I can add. You had the floor and you wiped Ken Hinkley with it”
Not to toot my own horn but I reckon he was right.
You can listen to the call from about 9:30 on this link:

How can people be surprised with these already ages-old arguments?

Good call, Fizz!

Last edited:
I don’t know who Slobbo is, but why is he talking about this NOW? It took me a few months SEVEN YEARS AGO to realize the issue.

I couldn’t know the actual cause, but it’s not hard to raise the hypotheses. It’s ALWAYS a leadership problem. It doesn’t leave many suspects: captain/leaders; coaches; front office; chairman/board. That’s it.
Ken is a career loser, you picked that early

you know soccer, can you imagine any professional soccer club keeping a coach that gets them to 4th every year and loses all the champions league games 6-nil? Or the FA cup semi 4 nil? FOR 13 YEARS!!!! Well that's us sadly

He had, and has, zero silverware. No history of winning, no_experience_of winning.

6 years losing would be bizarre in ANY other profession sport. We're 13....and counting!!!???

You spotted a phoney for a coach, and a lifestyle board right away. As had many of us too by then

Mine was his using Nathan krakour, Sam Gray and some other dark haired midget flop muppet to win that game vs carlton at the mcg years ago after the restart.

Vs Hawthorn final at the mcg. vs WCE final in Adelaide- Ken doesn't just NOT know how to win, he knows how to lose. Last night we saw the bulldogs didn't know how to win. bug difference to putting actions in place that make you lose. As a career loser all Ken now knows is how to lose

By the DeckChair(TM) moment it was as clear as day he was a used car salesman

it will take a lot to remove the stench of loser mentality from the club.

I have nothing positive for Robbie Gray, Boak, Wines, Dixon et al. You chose the cushy path, and ended up with very little to show for it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can you imagine any professional soccer club keeping a coach that gets them to 4th every year and loses all the champions league games 6-nil? Or the FA cup semi 4 nil?

Of course I can. It included discussions against arguments like “who else are we going to get”…

IMG_8296.jpeg
IMG_8297.jpeg

I am cursed…

It’s why they really don’t like the booing or stickerman and paint he picture of ‘bad supporters’…

They can’t control that stuff.

It’s all supporters have left.

They want to prove us wrong

Yep. This is the reason behind the extensions.

They can’t stand being wrong, so they keep punting the situation forward, like our mids into F50, hoping that something different might eventually magically happen.

My biggest fear is Hawthorn pulling a 2017 Sydney; and we, a 2017 Geelong.

The Swans started Owen Many, than made comeback. In Finals, won the EF big just to lose the SF to the Cats.

Geelong was beaten badly in the QF. Then took another beating in the PF.

Cassisi started to finally wake up after the Showdown loss earlier this year. Has been quite critical and asking pertinent questions of and to Ken in footy committee meetings, specifically about setup structures and how they would adapt in the latter half of the season.

Ken actually struggled to answer some of these outside of saying that (paraphrasing) "things will look different."

I thought you didn't have information about those on the football committee.

Even if Cassisi has become enlightened by Ken's struggle to make us a revered team, or is my best mate, I still want him out of the club. Blakey's send up of Cassisi sounds more intelligent than Cassisi himself. He's another that picked up his armoury to back this loser publicly. A captain that should not have been.

The club deserves everything they get and then some. Place is near unrecognisable. Supporters were always revered and deemed the lifeblood of the club. Eat shit Hinkley, Koch, Davies, Richardson. Hope you choke on it.

That is very ungracious of you Lil. ;)

One thing about Hinkley he has the entire club staff united behind him. From the Captain down to the person who flogs the merchandise in the Club Store they are all condemning the persons who vandalised club property with those HINKLEY OUT signs. Of course that echos what Hinkley himself said back in 2022 when similar signs appeared on Club property.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back