Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Tredrea defending Butters from Toxic Kane.

Thank God there is someone talking sense at that club.

Hartlett, Aliir Aliir, Rozee and now Butters.

When is Ken going to stop sacrificing the health and well-being of his players to save his own fat head?

Jesus christ the idea that Kane ever talks about commitment when he bailed on his own teammates in round 5 of a full season to go dress up as a fireman for a few weeks (before bailing on that too) never ceases to amaze me.

Was rested for the North game at Marvel despite being the fittest man in the league too — couldn’t have the planned farewell party up in Brisbane.

If we had that answer we'd be making a fortune in sports psychology and not posting on here.

My belief is the club is afraid of the big moments. It's been this way since 2001. Our finals failures aren't exclusive to Hinkley. It happened in 2001-03. The 2007 GF loss did huge damage to the club. Now Hinkley's failures in recent seasons just add to the issue. There's something wrong with the club when the stakes are their highest.

It's a club issue and has been for years. What causes it I don't know.

Simplify things:

The moment you put on that guernsey you are the club and you only exist to win. Failure to win is acceptable as long as you give 100% effort 100% of the time until exhaustion.

It's OK to lose but to not give 100% is inexcusable.

Or similar. Think it's written somewhere.

If we had that answer we'd be making a fortune in sports psychology and not posting on here.

My belief is the club is afraid of the big moments. It's been this way since 2001. Our finals failures aren't exclusive to Hinkley. It happened in 2001-03. The 2007 GF loss did huge damage to the club. Now Hinkley's failures in recent seasons just add to the issue. There's something wrong with the club when the stakes are their highest.

It's a club issue and has been for years. What causes it I don't know.

It’s often said that players are a reflection of their coach.

Choco’s Collingwood career was marked by finals heartbreak and general underperformance when the whips were cracking.

Ken Hinkley was one of Geelong’s most prominent downhill skiers who routinely went missing when the lights were at their brightest.

Or it’s just pure coincidence and we simply keep recruiting and drafting guys who are good enough to finish top-2 seven times in 22 years but pull up stumps in September — a bit like how the mob down the road keep drafting ‘mummy’s boys’.

Unlucky!

I'd be surprised if public statements about how the players feel about Ken match how they really feel.
Well Ken does seem to take good care of the players off field so maybe that dominates their opinion of him.

He does however play injured players & had a habit of keeping them in when they were in shocking form for weeks which ultimately destroyed their confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus christ the idea that Kane ever talks about commitment when he bailed on his own teammates in round 5 of a full season to go dress up as a fireman for a few weeks (before bailing on that too) never ceases to amaze me.
Don't understand why people take any notice of him. He's such a d*ck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back