Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we will start to hear more of the "Loyal Hinkley" chat if Port crash out against the Hawks. The media will focus on this rather than those pesky things like performance and results. Gerard and Co push the narrative Ken could have left on previous occasions and make it sound like Port have employed Ken in some type of full time volunteer role all these years, instead of the reality being he has been paid millions of dollars.

Malthouse asked whether Port Adelaide had overachieved under Hinkley and said their midfielders were “downhill skiers”.
“There is no question that (Connor) Rozee, (Zak) Butters and (Jason) Horne-Francis, they are very good in June, July when it is snowing in the mountains,” Malthouse said.

“But in August-September when it starts to thaw out, they cannot go the other way. That’s why Geelong was able to get them.
“I think Hinkley has been judged on what everyone hopes they can do as opposed to what they can do.”
Does Malthouse even watch football anymore?

Jason Horne-Francis plays well in big moments, was the only game-changer on the field last week and STARTED ON THE BENCH.

Butters was played injured.

And Rozee has been useless all year (and especially after Ken played him injured for the Adelaide game).

This is an embarrassing attempt by the decrepit, Blues-destroying fossil to pass the buck and foist Ken's "downhill skier" moniker on everyone else.

When Koch says "we looked at the data" what he means is "Ken told me he wanted to coach on and the thought of having a hard conversation with him made my tummy hurt"
The only data Koch looked at was "13 in a row" - nothing else even entered the equation.

I think we will start to hear more of the "Loyal Hinkley" chat if Port crash out against the Hawks. The media will focus on this rather than those pesky things like performance and results. Gerard and Co push the narrative Ken could have left on previous occasions and make it sound like Port have employed Ken in some type of full time volunteer role all these years, instead of the reality being he has been paid millions of dollars.
I used to kind of like 360 and Gerard back in the day. And kind of tolerate Slobbo.

But I can't stand the sight of Whately these days. Such a biased, judgemental, sanctimonious prick. His only redeeming feature is loyalty, even if it is blind loyalty.

Does Malthouse even watch football anymore?

Jason Horne-Francis plays well in big moments, was the only game-changer on the field last week and STARTED ON THE BENCH.

Butters was played injured.

And Rozee has been useless all year (and especially after Ken played him injured for the Adelaide game).

This is an embarrassing attempt by the decrepit, Blues-destroying fossil to pass the buck and foist Ken's "downhill skier" moniker on everyone else.
From the ridiculous (Malthouse) to the sublime.

Here is Paul Roos' response.

No bullshit "downhill skier" excuses levelled at the injured midfielders.

"The criticism of Ken for the listeners out there - and I don't like criticising coaches because I have been a coach and I know how hard it is - but let's be clear: the criticism of Ken is not based on the 84-point loss on Thursday night.

"The criticism is building for the fans of a coach that has had an enormously talented list for 12 years that hasn't made a grand final.
They can win.

"There is no question they can win, but there has to be doubts in Ken's mind. There has to be.

"In your own mind, if you are really honest with yourself, as a 12 year coach that knows his players back to front, that knows the vision and the meetings and what he has been saying to the players, he'd be scratching his head as much as the fans.

"That was a really, really poor performance.

"Can they turn it around?

"Absolutely.

"Will they?

"I have no idea and not based on 1 week but on 12 years."

From the ridiculous (Malthouse) to the sublime.

Here is Paul Roos' response.

No bullshit "downhill skier" excuses levelled at the injured midfielders.

Wait don't tell me you're allowed to analyse a coach's performance based on 12 years of data? I thought you were only allowed to make calls based on the last time a team won.

They also fail to mention he basically walked out on the club after the 2017 EF. He had no issue abandoning his players at that time, and we somehow owe him for his loyalty? Give us a spell

More records coming our way.

Just looked up all these results and it's a bit misleading

10 of the 11 losing teams were the away side and clearly the weaker side.

All 11 teams lost their PF. So even if we win we'll be unlikely to break our PF hoodoo.

Only home QF side was Geelong against Richmond in 2017 which doesn't count since the MCG is the Tigers home ground. Geelong didn't make the GF.

Geelong were slight favourites since they'd won their last 13 games against the Tiges.

More importantly, the biggest interstate QF loss to a home side that weren't us were Brisbane in 2019 against Richmond. Checking the historical betting odds Richmond were $1.65 favourites to win.

Our QF last week is historically terrible and unlikely to be broken for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great mentality he’s installed down at the club…

“Former Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has revealed that Port Adelaide is "overwhelmed" by the thought of playing at home again in 2024 following its 84-point qualifying final loss to Geelong.

Speaking on Nine's Eddie and Jimmypodcast, McGuire said he had been told on good authority that the Power is worried about playing another home final.

"I spoke to a senior Port Adelaide person and it was very interesting their mindset," he said.

"They're hoping they can win this weekend against Hawthorn because then they don't have to go back to Adelaide.

"The feeling is that what's big and green and has power, Adelaide Oval in September, it's got into their heads.”

“Former Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has revealed that Port Adelaide is "overwhelmed" by the thought of playing at home again in 2024 following its 84-point qualifying final loss to Geelong.

Speaking on Nine's Eddie and Jimmypodcast, McGuire said he had been told on good authority that the Power is worried about playing another home final.

"I spoke to a senior Port Adelaide person and it was very interesting their mindset," he said.

"They're hoping they can win this weekend against Hawthorn because then they don't have to go back to Adelaide.

"The feeling is that what's big and green and has power, Adelaide Oval in September, it's got into their heads.”

fated.png

And Fox Footy is now reporting that Butters couldn't complete training.

He is INJURED and has been so since the Freo game.

Hinkley is such a moron!

The dumb bogan risked his best player for a Qualifying Final when he could have been saved for a possible knockout final the next week (or a preliminary final the week after).

I'm beginning to resign myself to the fact that he'll be here next year regardless of the result.

Too much media defence and "the list" excuses being rolled out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

CwATa2.gif

A senior Port Adelaide person... so, Eddie's employee Cos Cardone then?

I'm beginning to resign myself to the fact that he'll be here next year regardless of the result.

Too much media defence and "the list" excuses being rolled out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we lose the noise will be too loud to ignore. I reckon he'll stage manage an exit with the club to avoid the ignominy of being sacked.

And Fox Footy is now reporting that Butters couldn't complete training.

He is INJURED and has been so since the Freo game.

Hinkley is such a moron!

The dumb bogan risked his best player for a Qualifying Final when he could have been saved for a possible knockout final the next week (or a preliminary final the week after).

Yep the mastermind at work again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back