Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else dreading the team announcement tonight? I count myself really lucky - Started going to games in 1978 (First one - we got walloped at Norwood Oval) - and was there for all the GFs from 1979 onwards. Was at Alberton when Tim kicked 17 - when KG got rightly booed out of the ground - Always considered the minor round almost as an inconvenience and the equivalent of motor racing qualifying - just jockeying for position for when the actual season started at Finals time. we had a club that embraced challenge and everyone looked forward to September -a fanbase that just knew we would turn up and deliver - or almost die fighting in the attempt - look what we've become under the snake oil salesman... This fraud tells the playing group that finals are scary and looks for every excuse under the sun - when he's not throwing everyone else under the bus.. Come tomorrow night I'll be hitting 'refresh' on this site every 60 seconds just waiting for him to finally be jettisoned and forgotten

Methinks ol' Kenneth is feeling the pressure

View attachment 2108309
"Uneducated".
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Ask your work colleague to ask their acquaintance if that means Ken's son is going too 😍
We'll just have to let it play out, but it does sound as if there may shortly be cause for a ginormous party at Alberton :).

Jimmy Bartel and co on Classified just tore the coaching group to pieces, was really shocked by how poor they were tactically aganst the cats and how they failed to try any adjustments. Unfortunately carr is part of this group, does he have a voice or is he agreeing to this crap.
I flagged this over a month ago that come finals time Hinkley will be in total control and he doesn't listen to other people. Least of all non-Victorians who know nothing about da foodball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley says assertions that a loss to Hawthorn in the semi-final will spend the end of his tenure at the Power are “uneducated” and “not facts”.
“We have an opportunity to prepare play in a semi final which gives you an opportunity to play in a prelim final, so it has been pretty easy to keep our focus on what we need to do this week,” he said.
“I think that is not stuff that we worry on because we exactly know what we are doing internally and the direction we are going, we don’t need to get distracted by anything other than this week’s performance.
“Reality is you reflect on those things after your career and hopefully there is a lot more to go.”

The High School dropout who’s soft drink collection would make Bomber Thompson blush pulls the you are uneducated line.

I feel for the Power fans. The Sack Hinkley militancy is stronger then ever, you even have opposition fans standing strong with you lot.

Operation Next is Koch. I vomit seeing his face on Melbourne Busses offering financial advise. Checks notes, yes Koch I take my advice from a failed CEO who’s achieved SFA and let his own constituents, I.e supporters down.

Methinks ol' Kenneth is feeling the pressure

View attachment 2108309
Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley says assertions that a loss to Hawthorn in the semi-final will spend the end of his tenure at the Power are “uneducated” and “not facts”.

The Power will be looking to keep its season alive against a red-hot Hawks outfit at Adelaide Oval on Friday night.

The Power’s horror loss to Geelong in the qualifying final heaped pressure back on Hinkley as Port’s poor finals record of late continued.

Hinkley is contracted until the end of 2025 but it is now considered likely that a straight-sets exit, for the second year in a row, could force the Power to make a decision on the 12-year senior coach with assistant Josh Carr waiting in the wings.

In his media conference prior to the game Hinkley said assertions a loss could be the end of his time at Alberton were “uneducated”.

“I’m not going to be a smart-arse here in any way shape or form, but I am contracted,” he said.

“That is what the board have told me all the way through, they have showed me great support the entire journey and I trust that will be the same.

“It is uneducated, it is not facts. What are the facts?

“I get why the conversation keeps coming up, but the reality is – deal with the facts.

“I am preparing this week to help our team try and get our team to a preliminary final, that has too much riding on it for me to go into any of those places you want me to go and I just won’t go there.”

With Dan Houston (suspended) and Kane Farrell (hamstring) already sidelined, the Power’s hopes copped another hit on Wednesday morning when Ryan Burton was ruled out with a calf issue.

Small forward Jed McEntee looks set to be dropped, with the Power weighing up whether to go tall and recall Todd Marshall in his place.

Star midfielder Zak Butters will play despite nursing sore ribs.

Hinkey warned the Hawks to “bring it on” if they targeted Butters physically.

Hinkley will equal Mark Williams as coaching the most games for the Power on Friday night.

Despite the speculation about his future, he said it was not the biggest week of his coaching career.

“We have an opportunity to prepare play in a semi final which gives you an opportunity to play in a prelim final, so it has been pretty easy to keep our focus on what we need to do this week,” he said.

“I think that is not stuff that we worry on because we exactly know what we are doing internally and the direction we are going, we don’t need to get distracted by anything other than this week’s performance.

“Reality is you reflect on those things after your career and hopefully there is a lot more to go.”

Simeon Thomas-Wilson
He is such an uneducated bogan who thinks you can player "harderer" through injury.

And clearly leaking to Cornes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back