Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

This one is different. In a lot of ways.

Someone else posted it, but what type of coach challenges the club's board the day before a final? He could have said I'm not answering that question we have a big game to focus on and quickly moved on. Instead, he goes the other way and makes a mess of it. You can hear the Victorian media preparing their defence of him for tomorrow morning's press already. That looks to be by design on his part. No one will convince me otherwise.

This was his worst performance in a presser for some time. He has a huge catalogue of choices to choose from but today takes the cake for me.
Donuts comes across as petulant, "I've got a contract".

News flash Daddy Donuts, all sacked coaches had a contract. That's why it's called being sacked.

But…what if we win tomorrow night?!?!?!

Then it’s the final proof we need that we’re living in a simulation programmed by that chap over yonder who faked his own death, or resurrected to organise a charity cricket match.

He has probably spent it all on the greyhounds, hence why he is trying to hold onto his job!
Greyhounds may be Donuts' only indulgence. He comes across as a man of very simple, and inexpensive, tastes. He'd have to be a multi-millionaire and wouldn't need to work again if was sacked next week.

In the 12 years he's been at Port the club's SG contributions to his super would be over $1M alone. He bought his house at West Beach for $1M back in 2014 and added a plunge pool and automatic blinds so that would have to have increased significantly in value. Given the salary he's been on I doubt he'd have a mortgage. He may have accumulated investment properties along the way. He's 58 in a couple of weeks.

Donuts could sell up in Adelaide and move back to Camperdown and live comfortably without ever having to work again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the 2014 prelim final against the hawks. The last 2 mins thing. Fair dinkum, is there ever a club that gets absolutely shafted by shit umpire decisions in the finals more than Port?!
The free kicks to get the momentum back their way early in the second quarter were as bad.
We kicked for goal badly to give them a sniff but hell, goals from free kicks 100mtr off the ball, fn Stevic.

Who cares if we go back a year or two for a mini reset. We've still got the core of our guys entering their primes, bring in some more talent through the draft and have a red hot crack again in a couple years time. The club being so scared of being shit for a season or two, we are wasting time otherwise just making up numbers in September.
Man if this is indeed the last we see of Hinkley, I'd love to see his replacement win a flag in his first year. It'd merely accentuate how woeful Ken has been, and it'd also make a mockery of the "who ya gonna get?" nonsense we keep hearing.

Man if this is indeed the last we see of Hinkley, I'd love to see his replacement win a flag in his first year. It'd merely accentuate how woeful Ken has been, and it'd also make a mockery of the "who ya gonna get?" nonsense we keep hearing.
You would get "ken set us up for success" or some shit like that...

But I agree. Josh carr or whoever is coach... Just yells out "donuts you are shit" would be fan bloody Tastic I reckon.

You would get "ken set us up for success" or some shit like that...

But I agree. Josh carr or whoever is coach... Just yells out "donuts you are shit" would be fan bloody Tastic I reckon.
Which is absolute crap - there's no such thing as laying a 12 year platform: all it proves is that you can't coach :).

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back