Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah a prelim final against our bogey team would suck so much.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are their bogey team.

What is the most Hinkley thing that could possibly happen?

Beating Hawthorn and losing to Sydney. That's exactly what I see happening.

I honestly didn’t see much of an issue with his presser.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It wasn't so much that there is an issue from it. It's more highlighting just how much the pressure has gotten to him. He was agitated right from the start getting into a confrontation with a journo about Burton being unavailable.

Then he goes on to say "I'm not going to be a smart arse, but..."

And of course, my personal favourite, "see yous next week."

It was as unhinged a performance as we have seen from Ken at a press conference.

I just wish there was a reporter willing to push back on Ken's assertion that having a contract means he's safe - because apparently (according to Ken) "those are the facts," yet "the facts" are also that coaches such as Simpson, Clarkson and Hardwick all finished up at their respective clubs whilst they were still under contract.

Could be under 24 hours until Ken will have coached his last game for our Club. Either that or the Club is playing for a spot in a grand final next week. Hard not to get excited either way.

I was originally hoping Sydney would destroy us, but the longer the week has gone the more I dont want this Kent to experience another win, especially at AO

Hes probably going to gamble on Rozee, JHF and Butters at the first bounce to go with the unbalanced forwardline

"alright youse blokes give em the razzle dazzle"

40 points down at qtr time

Back in Geelong farking his sister by midweek please

I was originally hoping Sydney would destroy us, but the longer the week has gone the more I dont want this Kent to experience another win, especially at AO

Hes probably going to gamble on Rozee, JHF and Butters at the first bounce to go with the unbalanced forwardline

The Hinkleys are the McPoyle family of Camperdown.

What's the feel on if you Port pull this one out and have an honourable loss in the prelim? I know 99% would want him gone, but would the board have the balls to do it?
The board may not even have the balls if we get done by 119 goals tomorrow.

It wasn't so much that there is an issue from it. It's more highlighting just how much the pressure has gotten to him. He was agitated right from the start getting into a confrontation with a journo about Burton being unavailable.

Then he goes on to say "I'm not going to be a smart arse, but..."

And of course, my personal favourite, "see yous next week."

It was as unhinged a performance as we have seen from Ken at a press conference.

I just wish there was a reporter willing to push back on Ken's assertion that having a contract means he's safe - because apparently (according to Ken) "those are the facts," yet "the facts" are also that coaches such as Simpson, Clarkson and Hardwick all finished up at their respective clubs whilst they were still under contract.

Could be under 24 hours until Ken will have coached his last game for our Club. Either that or the Club is playing for a spot in a grand final next week. Hard not to get excited either way.

Im So Excited Jimmy Fallon GIF

My thoughts exactly. Presser journos are pretty useless.

He mentioned in the presser didn’t he about JHF being on the ground at the first bounce and the media will be like ‘see told you so’ - thing is like JHF said when things are going well Kenny keeps it that way, hence why JHF has been on the bench for the last 6 weeks ‘cause it’s been working’.

Does he ever get on the front even when things are working? Seems to be a flaw and reflective of us in finals.

He just thinks the same things will keep working…

What's the feel on if Port pull this one out and have an honourable loss in the prelim? I know 99% would want him gone, but would the board have the balls to do it?
At the start of the season it felt like making a GF was the pass mark.

Now we could get belted and go out in straights sets again, and I'm still not confident they'll do anything. Ken is the master of moving the goalposts for himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brett Ratten is probably a better example.

Koch and Co probably don’t have the balls to make suck a decision, half expecting there to be crickets once we are knocked out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You would get "ken set us up for success" or some shit like that...

But I agree. Josh carr or whoever is coach... Just yells out "donuts you are shit" would be fan bloody Tastic I reckon.
Final siren

"I'm the coach now" Josh Carr images%20(22).jpg

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What's the feel on if Port pull this one out and have an honourable loss in the prelim? I know 99% would want him gone, but would the board have the balls to do it?
Based on the words I’m hearing across the pressers, if he loses he’s out, if he wins and an honourable loss to Sydney then he stays.

Going from a comfortable H&A round to a scary finals series…. Watch it closely, there’s a loop for every one of the 13 seasons.

Scared Baby GIF

It won't happen, but imagine if we beat hawthorn and Sydney. The amount of pants pissing that would go on facing up to Geelong in a grand final again. We could actually erase 119 from the history books, except this time it'd be to an ordinary bunch of plodders instead of a dynasty team.

I am fine with Ken aggressively shutting down reporters in the presser that are trying to create a narrative around the game. He knows if we lose he is done, but wants the focus to be on the game and not his future. I actually think it wasn’t a bad presser and would rather see grumpy Ken in that scenario. The media are ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back