Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

While Ken was asking those journos to speak to the facts, one of them should've just said "Well Ken, the fact is you're contracted but the fact also is that you've coached the most games in AFL history without making a GF"

And then see what his smug face would've said. If he wants to deal with facts I'm prepared to give him several.

I am fine with Ken aggressively shutting down reporters in the presser that are trying to create a narrative around the game. He knows if we lose he is done, but wants the focus to be on the game and not his future. I actually think it wasn’t a bad presser and would rather see grumpy Ken in that scenario. The media are ****ed.
I reckon he once again made it about himself.

I'm contracted blah blah.

How about what's important is the game this week and getting my boys into the best possible position to win and then everything else will sort it self out.

I am fine with Ken aggressively shutting down reporters in the presser that are trying to create a narrative around the game. He knows if we lose he is done, but wants the focus to be on the game and not his future. I actually think it wasn’t a bad presser and would rather see grumpy Ken in that scenario. The media are ****ed.
Where was this anger after the 21 prelim or last week? Only time he gets angry is when his coaching is questioned. No one dare question the great Ken Hinkley.

LMAO at the latest pre-game defence for Ken, designed to protect him in case of a semi final win but preliminary final embarrassment.

"If Port wins, this will be not only Ken's best win, but one of the greatest sport achievements this country has ever seen."
- Bartel, Kane, Caro about the 2nd ranked team beating the 7th.

LMAO at the latest pre-game defence for Ken, designed to protect him in case of a semi final win but preliminary final embarrassment.

"If Port wins, this will be not only Ken's best win, but one of the greatest sport achievements this country has ever seen."
- Bartel, Kane, Caro about the 2nd ranked team beating the 7th.
I reckon it’s all academic. Unless you guys really roll over there isn’t a path for us winning tonight:

• Small forwards have proven to be our kryptonite and you have arguably the best in the league
  • we’ve gone top heavy down forward, the moment the ball hits the ground it’s bouncing back out. Again, this plays into your strengths.
  • Houston, Farrell, Burton all out for various reasons, leaving us exposed to D50 ground ball gets.
  • Mitchell is multiples smarter than Ken and will adjust if he needs to on the fly. Ken will sit there and watch the game like a spectator.

Unless Rioli, Mitch and Marshall combine for 9+ goals and JHF, Rozee, Butters contribute 3+ we ain’t kicking a score.

I just want to post in this thread on the day that might be his final game. Sadly history tells me I'll be posting sack Hinkley in 2025 as well.

He'll survive this somehow

I reckon he once again made it about himself.

I'm contracted blah blah.

How about what's important is the game this week and getting my boys into the best possible position to win and then everything else will sort it self out.
I think he did the opposite of making about him. It was the only way he could shut it down. And what you have said there is pretty much exactly what he said after he said the fact is I am contracted. He said that getting the team prepared for an opportunity to get into a prelim has too much riding on it to spend even a minute in that space.

I think he did the opposite of making about him. It was the only way he could shut it down. And what you have said there is pretty much exactly what he said after he said the fact is I am contracted. He said that getting the team prepared for an opportunity to get into a prelim has too much riding on it to spend even a minute in that space.
Starts the week leaking to Tom Morris and Mitchell Woodcock about a WC "offer".

Ends it by saying his priority is finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had a few people say to me "You can't replace Ken with an untried AFL Senior Coach" Which makes no sense at all. But they are also unable to process my response that Ken himself was untried AFL Senior Coach when Port hired him.
Craig McRae and Adam Kingsley were also untried coaches until someone tried them. Geez I wish we'd tried them, instead of sticking with Donuts!!!

Actually no. Almost all of us are continually dismayed by the free ride Hinkley gets from the media. It's the media's job to ask legitimate questions, this is a legitimate question. It's the ****ing elephant in the room and everybody knows it. The cupping of Ken's balls by the media and glossing over his inadequacies and continual failures over the years has been a huge part of the problem. He deserves to be questioned. In fact I wish they would go harder.

Actually no. Almost all of us are continually dismayed by the free ride Hinkley gets from the media. It's the media's job to ask legitimate questions, this is a legitimate question. It's the ****ing elephant in the room and everybody knows it. The cupping of Ken's balls by the media and glossing over his inadequacies and continual failures over the years has been a huge part of the problem. He deserves to be questioned. In fact I wish they would go harder.
Not this week, the day before a final. That’s the last thing that the club needs.

While Ken was asking those journos to speak to the facts, one of them should've just said "Well Ken, the fact is you're contracted but the fact also is that you've coached the most games in AFL history without making a GF"

And then see what his smug face would've said. If he wants to deal with facts I'm prepared to give him several.

This was put to Hinkley by Robbo on 360 and he took no issue with it and even called it "fact".

Those are not questions to be put to Hinkley himself, they're questions to be put to the people who run the club.

Regardless of what happens tonight 2 clubs that no doubt many Port supporters hold in disdain, ie the aints and glenelg would have sacked their versions of kern hinkley at least 5 years ago, yet here we are in late 2024 and he is still calling the shots at Alberton.

I will be very happy to be wrong but unless the hawkers give us an absolute shellacking, or for some reason he decides to pull the pin on himself there is no way koch would have the balls to withstand the wrath that would almost certainly come from the Vic lead media re our treatment of their kenny, and we will be stuck with the campaigner for the 2025 season.

Not this week, the day before a final. That’s the last thing that the club needs.
It actually isn't the media's job to give a flying **** what the club needs. It was a completely legitimate question and Hinkley, in his own idiotic way was prepared for it. It was always going to be asked, even by the fairly docile Adelaide media.

Based on the words I’m hearing across the pressers, if he loses he’s out, if he wins and an honourable loss to Sydney then he stays.

I'm putting more weight in what Chewy says, than random journos, at this stage.

We shall see.

Pray Game Show GIF by ABC Network

It actually isn't the media's job to give a flying **** what the club needs. It was a completely legitimate question and Hinkley, in his own idiotic way was prepared for it. It was always going to be asked, even by the fairly docile Adelaide media.
I agree, and he answered it in a way that shut it down, whether that was idiotic or not. He knows that his contract for next year means **** all. What do you want him to say? Yeah if we lose I can’t imagine I will be here next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back