Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Please explain exactly how this is obvious? Because I'd say there's no way he leaves this season especially if Carr takes over

Houston will show him the way and he signed a two year deal which will run out. I dunno I can just see the lack of commitment. Could be just for money re the new tv deal, so if he signs a 3 year deal next then maybe I’m wrong.

Why if Carr takes over would he stay?

Houston will show him the way and he signed a two year deal which will run out. I dunno I can just see the lack of commitment. Could be just for money re the new tv deal, so if he signs a 3 year deal next then maybe I’m wrong.

Why if Carr takes over would he stay?
He's got a great relationship with Carr and has publicly stated that he's helped Zak take his game to the next level since he came over from Freo.

I don't think the Houston and Butters cases are related in anyway. Houston has clearly had a change in his personal life.

I definitely do think the reason why Butters signed only for 2 years was for money and can't blame him for doing so. Being Victorian, I'm sure they'll throw a lot of money at him when he becomes a free agent but I think if we manage our salary cap and can afford to match it then he'll stay.

He'll know that at Port, he'll have Rozee and JHF playing alongside him forever.

Stability = success

That was what we built our SANFL success on. In the half century between 1950 and 2000 Port only had five different people coach the senior side. Fos and Jack had two stints, Geoff Motley had a short crack at it as did Russell Ebert then Fos' son Mark took over in 1999. That carried on throughout the Club all the way down to Teddy Mc Mahon and Jack Moylan who were head trainers for years and Frank Goddard and Clarrie Hoffman who were our League time keepers.

Stability is a good thing but you have to have the right people in place. In the SANFL era Port had two really significant imports they were Foster Williams and Big Bob McLean who came from Norwood, both were outstanding and together they built a successful club. Alas the same cannot be said about some of the imports in the AFL era.

I am pretty sure that David Koch's footy philosophy is built around Port's stability during the SANFL years. This is why he is reluctant to make the changes that are staring him in the face.

As an aside, the article on the front page of this morning's press had me shaking my head. It showed Tom Jonas wearing a Premiership Medal from the Kangaroo Island League. After 13 seasons and 216 games at Port Jonas had to go to a country league to win his first ever senior Premiership Medal. In times gone by Tom would have had four or five medals after thirteen seasons with Port. Maybe that is something for Koch & Co to contemplate?

Last edited:
“They said Ken couldn’t win a knockout final!”

(because he hadn’t for a decade and was 0-5 since, the last 4 at home)

”Port were massive underdogs but got the job done!”

(because we got obliterated by 14 goals at home as $1.30 favourites the week before)

The bar is so low for this bloke it’ll turn up in Portugal.

“They said Ken couldn’t win a knockout final!”

(because he hadn’t for a decade and was 0-5 since, the last 4 at home)

”Port were massive underdogs but got the job done!”

(because we got obliterated by 14 goals at home as $1.30 favourites the week before)

The bar is so low for this bloke it’ll turn up in Portugal.
Add "being underdogs for a home Semi" to the 100 page dossier of sackable offenses

Mick Malthouse has joined the pile on re Hinkley's post-match comments. Mick Malthouse who was fined as Collingwood coach for comments made to Stephen Milne at quarter time of a game. Mick Frigging Malthouse.

We're drowning in a sea of hypocrisy.

That was what we built our SANFL success on. In the half century between 1950 and 2000 Port only had five different people coach the senior side. Fos and Jack had two stints, Geoff Motley had a short crack at it as did Russell Ebert then Fos' son Mark took over in 1999. That carried on throughout the Club all the way down to Teddy Mc Mahon and Jack Moylan who were head trainers for years and Frank Goddard and Clarrie Hoffman who were our League time keepers.

Stability is a good thing but you have to have the right people in place. In the SANFL era Port had two really significant imports they were Foster Williams and Big Bob McLean who came from Norwood, both were outstanding and together they built a successful club. Alas the same cannot be said about some of the imports in the AFL era.

I am pretty sure that David Koch's footy philosophy is built around Port's stability during the SANFL years. This is why he is reluctant to make the changes that are staring him in the face.

As an aside, the article on the front page of this morning's press had me shaking my head. It showed Tom Jonas wearing a Premiership Medal from the Kangaroo Island League. After 13 seasons and 216 games at Port Jonas had to go to a country league to win his first ever senior Premiership Medal. In times gone by Tom would have had four or five medals after thirteen seasons with Port. Maybe that is something for Koch & Co to contemplate?
Success = stability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m expecting some big time hypocrisy from the AFL. A please explain followed by some sort of draw manipulation and not so subtle promotion next year featuring the two sides.

At the MCG.

Might have to save it for the West Coast game :tearsofjoy:

The narrative surrounding Ken Hinkley has gotten to the point where simply participating in a grand final without winning it will be regarded as a major success worth celebrating.

THEY SAID HINKLEY COULDNT GET EM THERE! WELL WHERE ARE THE HINKLEY HATERS NOW (as we lose to Geelong by 120 points)

He's the master of manipulating the narrative. Kenny's a hero and that's exactly the way he's wanted it from day dot. Don't forget people, he said only a few weeks ago "maybe we're not good enough" (the list) right at the time Davies said same. I love Port Adelaide and would love to win the flag, but Ken Hinkley can get ******.

He's the master of manipulating the narrative. Kenny's a hero and that's exactly the way he's wanted it from day dot. Don't forget people, he said only a few weeks ago "maybe we're not good enough" (the list) right at the time Davies said same. I love Port Adelaide and would love to win the flag, but Ken Hinkley can get ******.

It felt to me like Hinkley successfully manufactured a siege mentality in the group around all the Ginnivan stuff, and they came out and played accordingly. If Hinkley is good at anything it's exploiting the massive chip on his shoulder. Not sure how he'll go about creating that mentality against Sydney.

It felt to me like Hinkley successfully manufactured a siege mentality in the group around all the Ginnivan stuff, and they came out and played accordingly. If Hinkley is good at anything it's exploiting the massive chip on his shoulder. Not sure how he'll go about creating that mentality against Sydney.
They stole our song

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back