Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, in the end, it ended how we all knew it would, and how it so often ends against the better teams. We fall short. It happens every time under Hinkley, and it won't change. 12 years of evidence show it, this year's finals series further highlights it.

We weren't just beaten by Sydney and Geelong we were utterly belted by both of them. Two teams who are infinitely better coached than us, exposed the flaws in Hinkley's game plan in brutal fashion. I'd have this year's finals failure up there with the 2021 Preliminary final capitulation. Finishing second gave us the opportunity to take the easy path to a GF. Instead by halftime of the Geelong game we knew the ending to this movie. It was the same as it always is.

I tried during the finals to believe in the team, I really did. But deep down I knew how it would end. The club needs a change of coach and as much as the players claim he's a Father figure to them so do they. Until they get that they'll always fall short.

We also need to improve our list. Players like Narkle, McEntee, Burton, Ratugolea and Evans can't be playing against the best sides. They get exposed badly when the heat is on. But that falls back on the coach. He needs to trust his list more. The games Ratugolea played up forward should've gone to Lord or Visentini. Same with Dixon. Lorenz has more of a future than Evans and so on. The coach needs to trust those younger players so they can kick on.

In the end Hinkley has to go and this September showed him up once again.

Port v Richmond AO in 2017.

The Trengove/Rance idea and how we lost that flipping game.

The EF should have been nail in the coffin.

Koch/Cochrane ego bullshit, KT & his brass band rocking up on the Sunday to beg him to stay and match any offer.

Ken is going to outstay Koch, KT, Davies, Richardson etc

We are ****ed whilst this Circus goes on.

Why would he want to stick around. We had s reasonably good draw, things won't be so easy next year, can you imagine the pressure he would be under in a contract year. There will be no friendly parting of ways.
Stinkers would be much better off leaving now while he still has some friends in the media because when they turn he will be a shattered man, not used to criticism.
He can take his pay out and has 12 months to sort out his shit and get out of town.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its funny on twitter, there were lots of posts about opposition fans (non-Sydney ofc) asking Ken to make some in-game coaching moves.
Funny listening to Campo after the game saying from where Ken is on the boundary, there is no way that he has been making game-day moves. He is in no position to see the play.

On a milestone night for Port coach Ken Hinkley, his future was right back in the spotlight after a six-goal belting against the Swans at the SCG

While the Swans were trending on X, so was Hinkley.

“Another year wasted with Ken. As soon as he knows he’s safe and will be coaching next year why bother trying,” was a comment from a fired up Port supporter.

“Why bother with (Charlie) Dixon? Why change the playing team from last week? Why can’t you see the way Sydney are controlling the game and change it up? Sack him!”

Another wrote: “Another prelim loss for Hinkley. That’s 4/4. Out coached. Pull the bandaid off please. Sack the fraud.”

A third added: “Alright so we won’t keep Hinkley now, right?”

Kane Cornes is wrong.

We absolutely have to pull the trigger even if it means a step back next season while we adjust. He's not going to take us forward and gets outcoached in big games. Better to do this now, than in the middle of next season.

1. Buckley
2. Giansiracusa
3. Enright

I'd be happy to take someone untried like Sira if it means getting new ideas in. Ken is taking us nowhere.

Funny listening to Campo after the game saying from where Ken is on the boundary, there is no way that he has been making game-day moves. He is in no position to see the play.
Funny because even if he's in the coaching box he doesn't seem to be in a position to see the play

Kane Cornes is wrong.

We absolutely have to pull the trigger even if it means a step back next season while we adjust. He's not going to take us forward and gets outcoached in big games. Better to do this now, than in the middle of next season.

1. Buckley
2. Giansiracusa
3. Enright

I'd be happy to take someone untried like Sira if it means getting new ideas in. Ken is taking us nowhere.
If it's not Buckley, I'd rather Carr over the other 2. Carr's overall gameplan ideas are not currently reflected in the team. His ideas at North Adelaide were very different and he's also got the advantage of already knowing the players, which can also be detrimental

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has to be a change. The Hawthorn win was a little sugar hit and another example of the flaws in Ken and his coaching group. We win and respond based on emotion. You need consistency in a game plan that stacks up when it matters. So, we have failed routinely in that respect, but it just appears to be the same failings again and again with the way we play.

It is staggering it has even got the point where he is talking about coming back next year. They simply have to relieve him of his role and we move on in a different direction.

I have never seen the head coach described as a 'father figure'

I’ve seen it plenty. It’s not necessarily bad. It’s only bad when it’s used as BS to justify incompetence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back