Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the funniest bits is just how simple he is. His press conferences are just a jumble of "footyisms"... "the reality is this..." "they were stronger and cleaner at the contest".... etc etc

Do you ever hear him provide any sort of analysis like a Chris Scott or Longmire does?

Then, last night he goes on with it not being about the one person. This comes out when we lose or shit goes bad (Geelong, last night), but he carries on like a plonka (last week, after showdowns, crying on camera after the saints win) when we win - making it all about him. Then, when we inevitably go out in finals, he gets off scott free and we wont hear from him until pre season the next year..... its a shambles.

It was in complete contrast to Longmire's presser where he was clear, articulate, gave enough to the media without giving anything too big away. Just a real pro compared to his counterpart country bumpkin.

Hinkley needs to be told that no matter what the circumstance, next year is his last year and Josh Carr takes over in a succession plan…and if he doesn’t like that then there’s the door and Josh Carr gets his job right now.

And for the record, I’m not 100% convinced Carr is the answer. I’d rather cast the net far and wide and get the best available, but because Josh Carr is exactly who it’s going to be then I’d rather get it over and done with sooner rather than later.

No. He needs to be sacked as we speak.

I meant to add the result was entirely of his making. He can't bring the game plan, he can't motivate the players and he can't stop picking his favourites. He's created a climate of the acceptance of mediocrity, and for that he is lauded by anyone not invested in the Club.

Make a change. Show fans & members you actually care about our future.
Unfortunately it's the people that get on board with the Hinkley fantasy.
When we have 70,000 members which I would question. Happy Clappers every where, good attendances, media stroking his bald head allows our board to keep him as coach, the only push back is a handful of white noise supporters on the internet.
I haven't given this club 1 cent in a few years, I can't condone something that I disagree with, that's the biggest issue, so many people do.
It's no point being a member and going to games condoning what the club stands for ATM.

We get get accused of not being real fans but it's the only way they will listen, short term pain for long term gain. Believe me, these morons are doing more damage than us.

Last edited:

Listening to his presser, he just doesn't have the answers. He thinks there's no link between all of the finals failures. He thinks it's just a matter of turning up again and maybe it'll happen next time. He's got no idea and he has to go.
Homer Simpson Thinking GIF

I so badly want to know if an emergency board meeting is being scheduled.

Warren, this is the the time to act.

Chewy, C4, anyone with any insider info, anything??????
Give up. It's not happening. Stop causing yourself the pain of being let down.

Sadly, I reckon the only way for change to happen is by infighting to erupt within the club. That Carr demands the job and his backers ark up. But the place is too nice for that.
If Carr had any Smarts he'd book a family flight to Perth and get away from this shit show, it's only going to reflect on him when he takes over.
The expectation of change from such an angry fan base will eat him alive.

Go Josh, get as far away from these idiots as you can.
Ken is only part of the problem, the people that have continually backed the potato in may still be there, Carr will have his work cut out.

Last edited:
If this decision has already been made it was made in isolation by Koch and no one else. His top supporters within the Club even didn't know these comments were coming because no discussion on the coach was to take place during finals.
Hinkley's staying we all know it. Koch nailed his flag down last week and he won't listen to anyone else. We all know it, anything is just dashed hope. If he said what he said without the football department's blessing it shows exactly what Koch thinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I so badly want to know if an emergency board meeting is being scheduled.

Warren, this is the the time to act.

Chewy, C4, anyone with any insider info, anything??????

I'm trying to get an update this morning. People are being cagey.

I can only encourage for the time being people to keep voicing their opinions in here because it does get read by high ranking officials at the Club, and they of all people need to understand the frustrations of the supporter base.

If this decision has already been made it was made in isolation by Koch and no one else. His top supporters within the Club even didn't know these comments were coming because no discussion on the coach was to take place during finals.
If koch made that comment without the knowledge of the board then he isn't just a clown, he is an extremely dangerous clown!

Happy clappers everywhere these days.

How did it happen? How did we go from being ruthless proud club who demanded success to the piss weak franchise we are now?

Not sure where all these happy clappers you speak of are, not on here anyway, everyone on here has had a gut full.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So internally the club rate Carr very highly.....Hinkley has absolutely run his course and last night was just a disaster a kin to Geelong a couple weeks ago.

2qtrs out of something like 24 in finals, not taking responsibility in the press conferences afterwards, year 12.....

Huge supporter unrest, 50 gazillion million pieces, final year of his contract, how on earth the board don't tap Josh on the shoulder and say, you're up, or Josh throw himself in and say I'm up or I'm out.....

How can that not be the easiest most progressive solution to all of this?

Who effing cares what's good for Ken? Seriously why is it even a thought.....no other club in the land gets held to the standard of what's best for the coach!

They rate Carr so highly, yet obviously rate Ken higher.....in the face of abysmal performances like last night and a couple weeks ago???

Sure beats me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Discussions between people with a vote on Ken were briefly had last night.

No meeting currently set but the expectation is that one will happen next week.

This is very much a divided group.

Most of us here have had concern's since 2017, we have been posting here, dropping memberships, not attending games, that is 7 years and nobody is listening or the problem would have been removed by now.
We are looked at as a bunch of keyboard warriors that hate Ken Hinkley.

Surely most of us here are exhausted coming to this thread to be ridiculed by the club, media and Happy Clappers.

There's no more that we can add to this thread, so if people at the club read these posts, they may need to take a trip to Spec Savers because 7 years is a long time.
If the penny hasn't dropped at the club yet there doesn't seem we have much hope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back