Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

He should be unceremoniously sacked. How dare he be allowed to walk away holding the emotional and moral high ground.

"Poor little Kenny Hinkley was done in by tham dastardly, ungrateful supporters. He saved the club, and this is what he gets in return. A pox on every Port supporters house!"
Unfortunately I think we'll all have to be content without an execution and just be happy he will go into exile.

Can't imagine any media wanting his gibberish.

He should be unceremoniously sacked. How dare he be allowed to walk away holding the emotional and moral high ground.

"Poor little Kenny Hinkley was done in by tham dastardly, ungrateful supporters. He saved the club, and this is what he gets in return. A pox on every Port supporters house!"
What if it saves us half a million dollars?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey, sorry for the intrusion. Let's give the elephant in the room some peanuts - my team sucks. They are hopeless, and the only consistency about them is they always make the wrong decision at every level. So don't shout me down as having a crack at your team who consistently perform at a level I would only dream of. Shit, three weeks with one win, one thrashing, and one badly outclassed loss would be worthy of a lap of honour at Arden St.

But I'm interested in leadership and how organisations manage it, and I find Port Adelaide interesting. You seem caught between the perceived saviour of tarps at Football Park and 20-goal thrashings, and the guy who's ace at finishing H&A season in the top four without winning anything. The guy who's brilliant at building connections with his playing group without ever leading them to greatness. The guy who's a fantastic media performer, without ever connecting to the emotions of the supporter base.

Bottom line, I think your club is scared. Scared to make a genuinely tough decision. Playing and losing 'scary' finals is better than getting <20k crowds to meaningless games or losing multiple 60+ point games in a season. A guaranteed top 6 finish is better than a possible bottom 6 one. Ken is a willing prisoner to the 2011-12 seasons as he was the solutions to them. The Port board seem afraid to make a call that may revisit those days, but may open the door to better days.

Literally no coach has ever gone 12 consecutive seasons with as little success as Hinkley. Not saying that to be provocative, it's just a fact. Hafey, Kennedy, Barassi, Parkin, Blight and Pagan never had a 12 year stretch at the same club. Jeans didn't at Hawthorn but did at St.Kilda where he won a premiership. Malthouse didn't at West Coast, but got exactly 12 at Collingwood with a premiership. Hardwick had 14 years at Richmond but with 3 flags. A thirteenth season for Hinkley would be unprecedented.

Maybe the mature conversation is to allow Ken to explore the Eagles. Thank you, let's shake hands, you led us out of some dark days but we're happy those days are well gone. You can be better with a new challenge, but we back ourselves to be better with a new horizon. But maybe the problem is Ken doesn't want that and is happy being 5th every year. I suppose you guys have a tough decision.

OK. That's me for now. You don't have to ask me what you know is true. I'll retreat to my Jack Darling Fan Club and hope to maybe win 4 games next year.
The guy who's a fantastic media performer - surely you jest, he's barely literate. I've never seen a worse media performer ever in an Afl coach. He just dribbles absolute BS. I keep screenshots of his regular ramblings & its quite a collection. There's a reason he couldn't get a coaching job at any other Afl club that implemented a formal selection process. He had given up until Port came knocking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming Ken goes (hopefully) surely Kochie and several of his (Hinkley) backers on the board should go as well.

An broom needs to be swept at your club starting with the board/administration level

In an ideal world the Members/Grassroots supporters who bleed for the club and spend thousands to PAFC should have a significant say as to who runs your club.

I was there the night at Mooney Valley Racecourse in 2002 when the Carlton members rose up and voted John Elliott/Wes Lofts and their board of crooks/incompetents out of office

Granted things have not gotten that much better for Carlton since, but it's always been a firm passion of mine that the most important component of any footy club arr the supporters/members and they deserve to have their say as to how their club is operated and who runs it.

Many Victorian club supporters don't understand how the SANFL and AFL handicap both SA clubs as to who runs their club, in recent memory Hawthorn members voted to boot out Kennett and his board, and now they are annoyingly seemingly back in flag contention for a while.
One cockroach at a time, we will start with doughnuts and work our through the place.

It may be a dominoes situation hopefully.

Oh my god its happening, stay calm people

Also, I wonder at the chances of Ken taking the WCE job / potential Brisbane job
West Coast aren't even considering Hinkley.

Why would Brisbane sack a coach that has got them to consecutive Grand Finals to replace him with a loser who never won a PF despite four attempts?

This is something the Club are very well aware of, which is why the execution of such a decision is complex and requires a well thought out plan of attack.

Well, that's throwing cold water on the coup. How on earth can we expect our little club from Alberton to make a complex decision. Perhaps this is why he's been extended so many times: the dumbkofs can't find the pink slips.

West Coast aren't even considering Hinkley.

Why would Brisbane sack a coach that has got them to consecutive Grand Finals to replace him with a loser who never won a PF despite four attempts?

Tbf and I could be wrong, but he technically hasn’t been sacked, so that’s why he hasn’t been considered yet. I would be surprised if he’s a late include or that tells the other candidates to bugger off then roll the red carpet cos KING KENNY HEAR! Fücking idiots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back