Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Either share those reasons or don't be so judgmental.

Calling someone a pelican when you have knowledge that they don't is a bit off if you ask me.

One or two of his kids have special needs and he doesn’t want to move around to disrupt healthcare/childcare/schooling, I think?

One or two of his kids have special needs and he doesn’t want to move around to disrupt healthcare/childcare/schooling, I think?

See Chewy, it's not that hard.

When it's been said by multiple sources in the media that Carr has been staying in Adelaide for family reasons, anyone with an ounce of intelligence would know that it's a sensitive topic given that the media do not elaborate further than that.

What utter tosh.

The key is, he shouldn't have the contract in the first place. Even the most ardent Hinkley lover would agree that if we knew we were going to have the 2 garbage finals series we had, he wouldn't have been given that contract.

So he shouldn't be able to be held to a contract that should never have happened. We all knew it at the time. It was an obvious mistake. Just rip the bandaid off.

All of this relies on the people who green lit the extension acknowledging that they made a mistake. Which they obviously won’t do - this is Koch and Richardson were talking about - they exist to justify their mistakes.

Tredrea and others will need to convince them of a new coach leading to greater success, and that will in turn lead them to being showered with success, riches etc.

You’ll never get them to re-assess their past decisions/mistakes.

All of this relies on the people who green lit the extension acknowledging that they made a mistake. Which they obviously won’t do - this is Koch and Richardson were talking about - they exist to justify their mistakes.

Tredrea and others will need to convince them of a new coach leading to greater success, and that will in turn lead them to being showered with success, riches etc.

They're not past mistakes if they double down on them, they're current mistakes.

I reckon RussellEbertHandball wanted to do this at the time and I poo poo'd it, on reflection I'd do it.
I'm not sure if I advocated to get him at the time Brisbane got him, but I have advocated we get someone like him many times since he moved to Brisbane, ie get a successful older hard arse bastard, who does dodgy things, but because he is a good bloke to the Vic media, gets away with it.

Last edited:
If we look at the obvious scenarios, Ken isn't about to tell the club he's stepping away and lose a years pay, unless he and the club can work out a suitable financial agreement, or he has a job some where else which I doubt.

On the other hand the club can sack him and pay him for season 2025, or just keep him.

What I am hoping is that Ken thinks that he will be unlikely to finish as high as 2nd, or could have a terrible year and miss the 8 altogether. With that in mind he may choose to walk as long as he can get that financial settlement that suits both parties.

The key here if there is one, is who jumps first.

Last edited:
That's the logical deadline but I keep asking people about that being the deadline and everyone has kept it open to be a possibility to go on even longer than that.
So potentially we could be up to thread number 14 then 🤦🏻‍♀️

Hope you are feeling a bit better than yesterday.

Hinkley came out at the 2019 AGM and said, "I BELIEVE CO-CAPTAINS WILL EQUAL MORE WINS". This idiot pulls a random thought out of his a*se, pedals it as fact and the Board ratifies the decision along with KT. Incredulous.

It infuriates me that Tredrea would need to convince them of anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we look at the obvious scenarios, Ken isn't about to tell the club he's stepping away and lose a years pay, unless he and the club can work out a suitable financial agreement.

On the other hand the club can sack him and pay him for season 2025, or just keep him.

What I am hoping is that Ken thinks that he will be unlikely to finish as high as 2nd, or could have a terrible year and miss the 8 altogether. With that in mind he may choose to walk as long as he can get that financial settlement that suits both parties.

The key here if there is one, is who jumps first.
I doubt he lasts the season if they start poorly next year if he stays.

Hinkley came out at the 2019 AGM and said, "I BELIEVE CO-CAPTAINS WILL EQUAL MORE WINS". This idiot pulls a random thought out of his a*se, pedals it as fact and the Board ratifies the decision along with KT. Incredulous.

It infuriates me that Tredrea would need to convince them of anything.

Ok, then let’s just wait and hope that a group of egocentric Type As suddenly have an epiphany.

In this case, like many others, it’s more important to be effective than right.

I personally would rather have a new coach next year than still be prosecuting the selection decision of Sam Gray in round 3, 2014, for the next five years.

There's a difference between people speculating and having digs at the Hinkleys (not that I necessarily like that either) and passing on actual personal information about someone or their family.
Yet here we are, openly taking pot shots at Ken and his family but not allowed to question why Carr won’t leave SA. Double standards

I doubt he lasts the season if they start poorly next year if he stays.
That's the hope I cling too, that Ken can see that next year could be horrendous for him to stay and takes the option to go now.

I'm sure he would much prefer to leave on his terms and it all being portrayed as, Ken believes he's done all he can to get this team into a GF and it's taking a toll on his health and family.

Staying might turn out to be very humiliating for Hinks.

There are many distinctions between the two if you stop to think for a minute
Not really. I didn’t ask for specifics but got told I am a pelican. I’d have a chuckle at how many here have liked certain posts about Jordan Hinkley for example and then don’t hesitate to pile on me for questioning Carrs ambition. The hypocrisy and hypersensitivity on this board is hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back