Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Dew was pretty much running the Swans on game day while he was there. Have heard that Longmire is not a great game day coach - and has a tendency to 'freeze' in the moment, and not make any moves when things go wrong (sound familiar?).
Horse is lucky that he has had a series of really strong assistants next to him on game day to run the show, Dew being one of them.
This doesn't surprise me at all. The way it played out on GF day clearly reflects this. Players from both teams are also spooked. Both coaches should be sacked for their recent repeated failure. Unfortunately, failing becomes a habit coz it gets in your head & a fresh start is required. It's far more realistic to sack a coach than sack the majority of players.

Not sure this place is that much of a vacuum, 20 odd thousands fans booing Ken a few months ago suggest theres a little more dissension in the ranks...

Yep. These threads were certainly not fully representative of the general supporterbase in say, 2018 or 2019, but now? The vast majority of supporters are ready for a change. The vast majority of watercooler conversations with casuals i've had they've been in full agreement with me.

This doesn't surprise me at all. The way it played out on GF day clearly reflects this. Players from both teams are also spooked. Both coaches should be sacked for their recent repeated failure. Unfortunately, failing becomes a habit coz it gets in your head & a fresh start is required. It's far more realistic to sack a coach than sack the majority of players.
Not at Port Adelaide 😭

I would think they wait until post BnF for any change. They wouldn’t want that to be the dominant focus of the night.

Heaven forbid any focus on positive changes and looking forward to 2025 determined to finally progress to a bloody grand final, never mind daring to dream of winning a bloody flag, yeah lets just look backwards instead and congratulate ourselves on how many scrubber clubs were behind us this year. Guess that's why it's called backslapping not frontslapping. OK there might be other language-y reasons for that but still snap the heck out of it Portz </slaps entire club in face>

Dew was pretty much running the Swans on game day while he was there. Have heard that Longmire is not a great game day coach - and has a tendency to 'freeze' in the moment, and not make any moves when things go wrong (sound familiar?).
Horse is lucky that he has had a series of really strong assistants next to him on game day to run the show, Dew being one of them.
no way are we getting Dew in then, Klinkers will be "I can't have another person more experienced with success breathing down my neck"

Yep. These threads were certainly not fully representative of the general supporterbase in say, 2018 or 2019, but now? The vast majority of supporters are ready for a change. The vast majority of watercooler conversations with casuals i've had they've been in full agreement with me.

6/7 of my family who regularly go to games were not on board a few years ago, but are now genuinely just exhausted and can't believe he's still here.

There's always a smattering of clappers who are happy with close enough is good enough, some of us demand a little more.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good source. Ken 100% here coaching next year.
Yep, but Was he ever not, not sure what all the chatter on here was about.. he was never going anywhere why would he.. earns another 800k with little or no scrutiny on his results..

Only chance of getting rid of him is a poor season coupled with fan disgruntlement

Despite the ease of organising this using social media there is a reluctance to follow words with actions. Maybe we do support the right team after all.

Apparently supporting a different club was inappropriate. I get it, I do, but ffs, sack him and I am invested again, maybe even financially.

Ken was thinking about leaving which is why Davies thought about Collingwood,but as soon as ken said,Im Not F***ing Leaving !, Kochi and Davies yelled ,Yeah The Boys ! and Davies turned down Collingwood,True Story.

Sent from my A065 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yep, but Was he ever not, not sure what all the chatter on here was about.. he was never going anywhere why would he.. earns another 800k with little or no scrutiny on his results..

Only chance of getting rid of him is a poor season coupled with fan disgruntlement
One out of two is guaranteed. If we start poorly next year, the second one is a fair chance as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back