Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. People think "Hinkley is a shit coach and we can't beat anyone good" and think we'll drop down the ladder. We'll probably be outsiders to make the 8. But we'll bank a lot of easy wins, get hard teams when they're out of form, and jag a win or two that gets Whatley and Kornes demanding an extension.

Then we're relying on David Koch and co to hold their nerve.
How many games did jhf win this year off his own boot? He will only get better....

We will make the 8... That's about it while stinkley is coach.

How many games did jhf win this year off his own boot? He will only get better....

We will make the 8... That's about it while stinkley is coach.

Yep, our young midfield including Sweet are only going to improve. We're losing Dixon which costs us forwardline depth, but he was offering absolutely nothing. We'll get Lukosius. Houston is good but we have good halfback cover and can reinvest. We'll tread water around the same level. Hinkley is good at making us a 7/10 football team.

If Ken carries on into next season without announcement of succession, 2025 becomes a weekly circus of distractions.

If Ken carries on into next season having announced it’s his last before handing over, 2025 still becomes a weekly circus of distractions (see: Collingwood 2011 season).

There’s only one correct decision to make here.

FFS PLEASE tell me they’re going to make it, this officially isn’t funny anymore.
“There’s only one correct decision to make here.”

Contract extension coming… 😬🙄

The "Kenny loves us, we love Kenny" Father Figure angle has always felt uncomfortable to me.
"Dimma loves us, and we love Dimma."
"Clarko loves us, and we love Clarko."
"Jack loves us, and we love Jack."
"Fos loves us, and we love Fos."

Nah, didn't think so.

It's not unusual for players to back the coach like jhf did today, but the timing is unusual.
The seasons ended, ken has a contract and the b& f is this week when all things ken will be celebrated so it didn't need to be done unless someone directed him too maybe because kens position is still up in the air?

The "Kenny loves us, we love Kenny" Father Figure angle has always felt uncomfortable to me. Even when Rosee and Butters said it, it felt unnatural. It's clearly been coached into them to say words to that effect and I maintain that it is such a weird thing to make the players say.
I think the term is vomit inducing.

At absolute worst it needs to be made official 2025 is his last year. I was pretty confident he was going but those dreams are waning.

Maybe they’ll do it for daddy in his final year, it does seem they’re more motivated by keeping him happy that than actually winning one for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have not been a member for the last two years after being a member since the late 80's.

If Hinkley is coach next year there is no chance of me ever coming back once he is gone. The club will lose me forever.

Probably not really. Where are we getting worse? We'll win a bunch of regular season games just like we do every year.
Other teams will get better. Expect Hawks and Freo to improve, perhaps even Dogs really with that list should. I can see us falling back into the 7-10 mark next year.

At absolute worst it needs to be made official 2025 is his last year. I was pretty confident he was going but those dreams are waning.

Maybe they’ll do it for daddy in his final year, it does seem they’re more motivated by keeping him happy that than actually winning one for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'd expect that it will be his last season, otherwise Carr probs should have left already.

Other teams will get better. Expect Hawks and Freo to improve, perhaps even Dogs really with that list should. I can see us falling back into the 7-10 mark next year.

So will we though.

Our 4 best players (big 3 plus Georgiades) haven't entered their primes. We were a younger side than Hawthorn remember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back