Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

So will we though.

Our 4 best players (big 3 plus Georgiades) haven't entered their primes. We were a younger side than Hawthorn remember.
Doesn't matter, players alone improving individually won't improve us as a team. If we keep entering the 50 high and long, our 3 star talents could be top 3 in disposals for the year and we still won't make a GF.

Would assume she will be finishing work? Study? At some stage and smash us all again.
I am really emotionally wrecked plus I have a Hinkley type boss at one of my jobs and well they are being managed out like Hinkley but date of departure is yet to be confirmed but will be by the end of November. So I am currently living two Hinkley realities.

I have reached the point that if there is no definitive change before season 2025 I am done. What is the point of funding a second tier organisation with a bunch of soft ***** in charge who ignore the creed and essentially the pillars that the club was built on to protect a ****ing spud of a senior coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Horne-Francis on channel 7 about Ken Hinkley:

"He shows us how much he loves us,"... dribble, dribble, dribble, "he wants to get us over the line. He's the right man for the job."

MY OPINION: Hinkley is here to stay and the decision has probably been made already if they are trotting out the players with the same old tired lines.
What's with Port players and Hinkley Love,when Cripps won the Brownlow he said he respected Voss,no Love

Sent from my A065 using Tapatalk

How to dream the other night when Brisbane was celebrating the 2024 premiership. Basically, our fans were pissed off at the fact that, you know, another team has eclipsed us and somehow Donna shows up for the first time ever to say all is okay. Then Ken gets captain Connor to go out to a school and do the usual meet and greet stuff to try and deflect from another poor post season by Port Adelaide. Butters and JHF were pretty annoyed with Ken and the club about this scapegoating method that has been used with Connor as the scapegoat. Felt like it was a good dive into the psyche of the club at the moment. Probably pretty accurate too.

But what if 2025 is our year?

They thought this year was going to be our year ... that coming from an insider past premiership player. So the claim that CD made about the list not being good enough after we embarrassed ourselves against Brisbane is gaslighting. They bloody believed it was good enough!! They failed their own expectations!!

Other teams will get better. Expect Hawks and Freo to improve, perhaps even Dogs really with that list should. I can see us falling back into the 7-10 mark next year.
Carlton
Brisbane (scary thought)
Melbourne (maybe - culture?)
Collingwood
North Melbourne

Should improve also. It’s a very even competition, we blew another golden opportunity by choking at home to a very average Geelong with a very good coach.

Doesn't matter, players alone improving individually won't improve us as a team. If we keep entering the 50 high and long, our 3 star talents could be top 3 in disposals for the year and we still won't make a GF.

Oh we 100% won't make the GF.

But we'll make the finals and there's a pretty good chance we make the top 4 again.

They thought this year was going to be our year ... that coming from an insider past premiership player. So the claim that CD made about the list not being good enough after we embarrassed ourselves against Brisbane is gaslighting. They bloody believed it was good enough!! They failed their own expectations!!

The "list isn't good enough" roller coaster is exhausting. Everyone was pretty hot on the list when we flogged Sydney. We've finished top 4 in 2020, 2021, 2023 and 2024.

We play wildly worse in finals every time and then all of a sudden we were lucky to get there with a list full of scrubbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back