Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

How was the coaching situation during the 1960’s-1970’s drought?

It was the tail end of Fos Williams coaching career that won premierships in 1951, 1954-58 (Geof Motley in 59), 1962-3, 1965 then the rise of Sturt 1966-70 and North's brief ascension 1971-2.

Geof Motley had a brief run 1959-61, but after winning the flag in 1959, minor premiership in 1960-61 but exiting finals in straight sets, Bob McLean removed him as coach and brought Fos back.,

John Cahill took over in 1974, won the flag in 1977, then away we went again.

There's no way he says this unless he knows for a fact he's staying haha

I don't agree at all. If he knew he was saying he'd be talking about next season, instead he's begging for his job. Why does someone with a safe job need to say "let me have another crack at this"

I think this is proof it's still up in the air, and even he knows it's up in the air, and he knows his record is indefensible.

I don't agree at all. If he knew he was saying he'd be talking about next season, instead he's begging for his job. Why does someone with a safe job need to say "let me have another crack at this"

I think this is proof it's still up in the air, and even he knows it's up in the air, and he knows his record is indefensible.
More of a plead to the fans rather than the board I'd say. He knows the he's offside with the fans so that's why he's said it. Not because he thinks the board is gonna sack him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather Primus and his triple switch...

Imagine Ken's Coaches Corner on a weekly basis.
It would just be footage of boak doing alot of running and then ken saying this is the workery hardery im talking about, while cutting the helicopter kicks out of the footage.

You don’t need an AGM tbh people can protest but in saying that I think that the AGM will still be a fiery exchange.
If Ken is still there by the time the AGM rolls around the Q&A at the end will be worth sitting through an hour of them patting themselves on the back - I don’t think people will pull their punches anymore.

I’m trying to write a list of potential questions and this thread has been a great resource, particularly around framing the context of the absolutely bonkers position we find ourselves in as year 13 looms.

More of a plead to the fans rather than the board I'd say. He knows the he's offside with the fans so that's why he's said it. Not because he thinks the board is gonna sack him.

He's getting booed round 1 if he's there. No doubt about it. Good luck to that campaigner if he wants to put himself through it.

If Ken is still there by the time the AGM rolls around the Q&A at the end will be worth sitting through an hour of them patting themselves on the back - I don’t think people will pull their punches anymore.

I’m trying to write a list of potential questions and this thread has been a great resource, particularly around framing the context of the absolutely bonkers position we find ourselves in as year 13 looms.
I am happy to lend out my stockpile of pitchforks to those planning on attending!

It’s not Kens fault. It’s the management. Gutless. He’s only employed by them.

There comes a time when you read the room, say I gave it my best shot and walk away.

I ran my question/statement by a friend today & he suggested I would be frogged marched out. He said it may need some refining. 🤣

I ran my question/statement by a friend today & he suggested I would be frogged marched out. He said it may need some refining. 🤣

Nah **** 'em. Turn up the heat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back