Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Hinkley walking is because he knows how bad it will be next year if he stays
And wouldn’t you believe how excited I am about that. I’m gonna be rocking different signs related to wanting him gone for every game in Melbourne. 3 hour drive each way just to shit on Hinkley and I couldn’t be more excited.
What’s the bet the prick leaves mid year to just make next year a write off? Would be very on brand as opposed to leaving in the off-season for a full preseason under Carr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. Leadership has always been the problem. Piss weak administration and diabolical coaching. All the problems being complained about here were all evident in the Williams years and a lot of the posters here suffer from short or selective memories it seems. Many were baying for Williams' blood towards the end but have now done some incredible 180 degree turn and view him as some kind of deity on the basis of the simple fact he finally fluked a premiership against a battered and sore opposition that had already bagged a threepeat and more than likely didnt have the hunger anyway. The arguments for getting rid of Hinkley are salient and valid but come on- at least have some objectivity. The main problem is that in the AFL world Port' s hisory and tradition count for nought in the eyes of the games custodians. They have constructed a homogenous competition full of franchises and dictate terms to keep it that way. They dont care about the diehard supporters.
Some people really do have short and selective memories...

Wasn't it like a week ago where you left us alone because you realised basically everyone in this thread wasn't buying what you were selling. Perhaps you can selectively remember that comparing a premiership coach with a guy who has never made a Grand Final isn't the most popular idea in this thread.

Please stop litigating this idea that the issues we have now have been present since the beginning of time, because they haven't, and you're either thick or disingenuous.

It is disgusting. I have just been told that they "forgot" to remove me even after I had received email confirmation. This club is seriously run by clowns that try to boost memberships in any manner.
They did the same to me even though I told them in an email at the end of 2022 that I am never coming back until Hinkley, Koch and Richardson are all gone.

I know for a fact that morale is so low with the staff working at the club. That is why standards are slipping in regards to doing the simple things right.

Smithers texted Dwayne just then on SEN, says Hinkley to announce leaving at tonight's BnF due to family issues.

I hope Smithers is correct.

that's the guy who was saying Horse to Brisbane and Fagan stepping down after GF right? and people here were saying he's 100% accurate and everything he says happens?

he is not going to announce he is stepping down a day after saying he's staying on radio

There was an ok amount of references to the admin and team performance in there are least. Not heaps but at least the whole thing wasn't "how much do you heart emoji Coles grocery dash see you at the footy"?

I used the any other comments box to let fly knowing full well (and I acknowledged this in there) that this is just going back to some poor membership staff and probably won't go anywhere. But it made me feel temporarily better at least.

Anyway Sack Hinkley
Yes. I too typed a 300 or so word rant in the "other comments" box regarding sub par on-field performance, lack of courage by a risk averse board, etc.
Probably gets the "Delete" button applied, but what the heck!
I FEEL GOOD!

The one that always gets me is the ‘on a scale of 1-7 are these club sponsors a good brand fit?’ section.

A university, tyres, a car manufacturer and an insurance company.

Is their money good? Yes? Who cares?

I got the sense that particular question was about gauging the feelings around GFG.

As much as I'd like to believe a Simpson's character's tip to AM radio, only yesterday Ken said "I ain't leaving, youse ain't make me, gonna have another crack at the $800,000," or something to that effect.

He's not walking a day later.
If the Board were genuinely undecided about Hinkley's future and wanted to frame his exist as a mutual decision and Ken walking, maybe him going on the radio with the "I deserve another go" could be perceived as him trying to bully the Board into allowing him to stay....

I personally think it's total BS, but we can hope at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back