Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

What I have had reaffirmed today is that this club is going nowhere until Richardson, Koch, Davies and Hinkley are no longer employed at Port.

If you continue to sponsor this regime through paying your hard earned on memberships then more the fool you are.
Old white men. I'm most disappointed I think in Ransom, who has had previous roles where she's upset similar applecarts, but has done nothing to disturb the status quo here.

Fair. Can appreciate this opinion and the thoughts of Tibbs and Valerian whose posts put across an alternative view without resorting to insults and personally disparaging remarks. I am in total concert with everyone here re the current board and the problem here is driven by the AFL and its' agenda to turn all clubs into little more than mercenary automatons. I was a big admirer of a few of your first admin such as Brian Cunningham and Bob Clayton but I thought Greg Boulton was piss weak. I'm not going to labour any further on the coaching debate, it' purely academic anyway and we will never have a true yardstick for comparison. My Geelong allegiances don't automatically make me a fan of Hinkley and in fact, watching the finals and how the side was prepared and coached showed he does not have the goods to take this group further. The list and the club deserves better than what he can offer.
The list & club has deserved so much more than Hinkley has to offer. Thank you for phrasing it this way. Why can't our club see this?

The long suffering fans at least deserve a good old fashion sacking. But koch will give us a friendly succession plan for 2026 where Ken will be treated like a God, a saviour in our time of need and all round loved coach and good bloke. Terrible.

We need the 20th licence when tazzie gets in...

We can create our own club.

No happy clappers
No theatre goers
No useless bold guys (tredders is welcome)

Yes to the prison bars and tell Collingwood to **** off.

This is where I am in perpetual disagreement with most contributors here. Hinkley may well be a malign influence on the club but the cancer has been around since well before his tenure. I would agree with those calling for a complete clean out. Lock stock and barrel. A bit like a completely dilapidated house that has to be razed to the ground and rebuilt from the first brick.
Agree. Whoever gave Williams his last contract was also an idiot. For most of our Afl life we have been completely mismanaged.

The long suffering fans at least deserve a good old fashion sacking. But koch will give us a friendly succession plan for 2026 where Ken will be treated like a God, a saviour in our time of need and all round loved coach and good bloke. Terrible.
He will not see out 2025. It's beyond a farce that they are incapable of any semblance of leadership. That board knows they are completely safe from any accountability and behave like it. It's an absolute disgrace that there are no repercussions from the 2021 extension let alone the 2023 one, it's locked in guaranteed failure. The only way out of this mess is to get member control back of the club but the club has no interest in this because they would then not have their personal play thing anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is disgusting. I have just been told that they "forgot" to remove me even after I had received email confirmation. This club is seriously run by clowns that try to boost memberships in any manner.
There is zero integrity. I sent an email which they had received but hadn't actioned. I knew I would need to ring to get action. Person I spoke to was very nice, it's not his fault.

So let me get this right. ****ing we get absolutely embarrassed again in a qualifying final which torpedoes the best ever run to the gf he has had in front of him and that all goes into the forgetory because we fell over the line against a Hawthorn team who was hotly tipped to struggle this season. Right yeah there's some real a grade corporate board level governance going on here.

We love his passion, we love his energy, we love him, the boys love him.

This is what they just said at the B&F OMFG.
They love him so much they don't show up when it counts, consistently over a decade. You know if I was a person high up in the club and I'm hearing this, Monday morning I'm getting a group together for an emergency meeting on the clubs culture and direction. The massive red flag is they are not ever saying they play for the club, the jumper or the members/fans. I'd be horrified to be listening to that at the CLUB b and f

It took decades to bring port to the pointy end and worthy of being admitted into the national stage, it has taken one decade to undo all of that hard work

There never was from the moment Sicily hit the post. Don't know how anybody ever thought different.
Koch said finals was the pass mark and this was exceeded when Port won a final. The Hawthorn result had no bearing on Hinkley’s survival. That’s a myth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back