Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

First home game next season - need to have Sack Hinkley signs t shirts etc. I agree the club is gone, but turn it as toxic as possible.

We need to take some guidance from the campaign against your namesake there. Arsenal waited too long to move their manager on (at least he had won a lot of trophies), and the response from Arsenal fans was incredible.

I'll be there in round 1 with my Sack Hinkley banner. I'll look pretty dumb if i'm alone though.

No decision has been made everyone….

Serious questions. The guys that post on here with inside information, what’s the motivation? Is it just the pleasure of informing? Is it an ego thing? Because I’m not sure it’s creating hope if that’s the motivation. I don’t know about everyone else but I don’t think feeding little morsels (10%?) with the idea of giving some sort of hope that the club might be starting to get back on the right track is having the desired effect.
Or if it’s designed to put some sort of direct or indirect pressure on the key decision makers, from what I saw tonight they’re basically doubling down on the status quo.

Wouldn’t you have been better off keeping a lid on it until you were pretty certain one way or the other?

It's actually genuinely incredible to me that anybody believed there was the slightest chance of this pissweak club sacking Hinkley after we made a prelim. Like, how little attention have you been paying to the last decade?

The only way we ever get rid of this campaigner is missing finals in a contract year. If you barrack for us to win games next year, you're part of the problem. 2025 is already a write off. Every game we win next year is one step closer to writing off 2026 and 2027.

The club is dead.
Port Adelaide in name only.
And please dont wear the Prison Bars... its a slap in the face to all that represented the real Port Adelaide that strived for success.
We are a soulless franchise.

It's actually genuinely incredible to me that anybody believed there was the slightest chance of this pissweak club sacking Hinkley after we made a prelim. Like, how little attention have you been paying to the last decade?

The only way we ever get rid of this campaigner is missing finals in a contract year. If you barrack for us to win games next year, you're part of the problem. 2025 is already a write off. Every game we win next year is one step closer to writing off 2026 and 2027.
That's what hope does to you despite the obvious. Feel bad enough without you rubbing it in our face.

If we win 5 games in a row next season and we're sitting comfortably in the 8, Koch is giving Hinkley an extension. And we know Hinkley will be pushing for it. There's no way around this.

All those geniuses who came into this thread and said that it's wrong to want your club to lose games, well, here we are campaigners. This is what happens when we jag wins at inopportune times. We're now probably a greater than 50% chance that 2027 is locked in during the home and away season next year.
Dissapointed that Ken is going on next year, but those who think there isn't a succession plan are wrong. We have heard koch say before and davies just recently that promoting within is their preference.
It's probably a way of protecting ken as well as not having to sack him if things go south next year, he will just hand over.
Personally when ken leaves we should look at all options including carr but it's not going to be that way carr will be the next coach.
Even if ken makes a gf next year ( which he wont) he will handover to josh for 2026

We need to take some guidance from the campaign against your namesake there. Arsenal waited too long to move their manager on (at least he had won a lot of trophies), and the response from Arsenal fans was incredible.

I'll be there in round 1 with my Sack Hinkley banner. I'll look pretty dumb if i'm alone though.

This gets lost in large crowds. I'd love to see 100+ people wear these t-shirts at the next AGM.

Dissapointed that Ken is going on next year, but those who think there isn't a succession plan are wrong. We have heard koch say before and davies just recently that promoting within is their preference.
It's probably a way of protecting ken as well as not having to sack him if things go south next year, he will just hand over.
Personally when ken leaves we should look at all options including carr but it's not going to be that way carr will be the next coach.
Even if ken makes a gf next year ( which he wont) he will handover to josh for 2026

I'm certain there are plans for a succession from some elements within the club. I think there were also plans from some elements for a succession to Schofield a few years back. But when Hinkley tells Koch he wants a new contract, we're relying on Mr "Finals are our pass mark" to hold his ground.

People were certain he was going in 2022, certain he was going in 2023, certain he was going this year. There are no certainties with this club and this coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you’d know all this how?

I wait for Chewy316 to post what the verdict is about Ken future, but if Chewy posts that Hinkley is staying for 25. We as supporters must get our club back; this can’t go on anymore longer. Protest, Put Sign Hinkley banners, signs and stickers around the place, start a supporter trust, whatever we need to do. This can't go into next season.
Mate, give it up. There's no decision being made, decisions are hard. He's got a contract, the club won't pay him out and he won't quit. He's called any bluff and is more than happy to bank his cheques while the club and his media buddies will protect him from public criticism.
The supporters won't get the satisfaction of him being sacked and we'll get called fickle, bogans, toothless mob etc, when we act out of frustration.
You could see this coming from half time in the Hawks final, even a noble defeat in that game would have got him through. Everything from 2017 onwards has shown this.
It's a shame, there was so much potential for this off season two months ago, Hinkley gone, Davies gone. Just look forward for us to turn whatever we get for Houston into what we give away for Luko as the final scoop on the shit sandwich this club keeps serving it's supporters.
The only small consolation is that he's getting boo'd like crazy from round one next year.

None of this is positive.
Next year is a wasted year, plus I'm not sold on Carr....if he had balls he'd be coaching next year.
He's happy to wait like a good little boy..speak up farkin and demand the job!!

Club can't go 10 seconds without talking about how 'actually it was a successful season!'

Who are they talking to? Themselves? Are they goading us? What purpose does it serve? Have some shame.

1728050089061.png

This was Port's season. This game defined who they are right now and how successful the year was.

Don't give a shit about any other results because they don't matter.

And Koch saying 'oh boy, if only Sydney had played like that in the prelim!' They did! That's how bad Port were! I mean, even that line was pathetic. Like, if only we'd scraped into a GF thanks to a team dropping the ball completely, so that we could be properly humiliated against Brisbane.

They're trying to make us feel insane lol !

Hinkley has publicly stated ,no succession plan,he runs the club so I take his word

Sent from my A065 using Tapatalk

Hinkley has publicly stated ,no succession plan,he runs the club so I take his word

Sent from my A065 using Tapatalk

Yep, we already went through this cherade with Schofield. The club get their media mouthpieces to hint at a succession plan so we calm down, and then they rug pull it and Hinkley stays on.

Hinkley talked about how energised he is. He's going nowhere unless he's marched out.

Mate, give it up. There's no decision being made, decisions are hard. He's got a contract, the club won't pay him out and he won't quit. He's called any bluff and is more than happy to bank his cheques while the club and his media buddies will protect him from public criticism.
The supporters won't get the satisfaction of him being sacked and we'll get called fickle, bogans, toothless mob etc, when we act out of frustration.
You could see this coming from half time in the Hawks final, even a noble defeat in that game would have got him through. Everything from 2017 onwards has shown this.
It's a shame, there was so much potential for this off season two months ago, Hinkley gone, Davies gone. Just look forward for us to turn whatever we get for Houston into what we give away for Luko as the final scoop on the shit sandwich this club keeps serving it's supporters.
The only small consolation is that he's getting boo'd like crazy from round one next year.

Mate, if we give up, this bullshit just keeps on happening. We have to act if Ken still here. We simply cannot burn our chance of winning a flag with the current list on hand while these buffoons run our club. We’ve got to stand up and fight for the future success of our club because that’s what's on the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back