KrispyKremeMullanikka

All Australian
Sep 19, 2023
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus
Shoutout to El_Scorcho for coming up with the idea for the name. (I hope you don’t mind me using it.)

Our 13th edition in the never-ending story of Sack Hinkley with Ken Bin Laden as head coach. JK Rowling wishes that she come up with a story as long as this has been with more twists and turns than the Monaco GP.

That’s weird but I’ll try my best to fix it tomorrow View attachment 2132108
I was able to insert a tag/prefix to the thread title I created.

I think only mods can add a “Certified Legendary Thread”, though.

Meanwhile, I suggest using “Opinion” as the previous “Sack Hinkley” threads have that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The "Sack Hinkley" Crew

These are the people who have posted 200 times or more in one of the Sack Hinkley threads:

There has been 27 in total. Yours truly was the last addition to the list.

2025 already has the stink of Kenny sitting in his deck chair in sunnies during the pre season. That air of mission accomplished.

Deck chair Kenny was 2015. A decade ago. When the downward spiral started, when we had a couple of washed up guys from INXS still standing on the playing area as the game was about to start.

An entire decade later and we're stille expected to swallow the same pus. What joy has there been in following port Adelaide in the last 10 years? A few nice home and away wins? Landing players like JHF? Watching butters develop into a star?

It's all pointless, because we know the club is going nowhere. We're not winning anything, nor does the club actually care about that fact, because it's no longer a goal. We exist just to play footy and make the finals sometimes. A finals win constitutes a successful season. Embarrassing failures are swept under the carpet with regularity.

If you care about the club, the time has come to walk away. Withdraw any financial support. Go do something else with your life.

I've honestly more or less checked out now, after hearing Koch's statements yesterday I've lost all interest. It's not just Ken, it's the direction of the club as a whole.

I thought I'd be taking my kids to games one day, proudly indoctrinating them into the club, not anymore.

Other than a few stickers we can't even really fight it, someone will bring up a member controlled board at the AGM again and Koch will fein ignorance/interest & pencil it down, only to screw the notepad up as soon as the meetings over. The media are all in the clubs pocket so getting our points across in that medium is met with smarmy disingenuous responses & whatever propaganda lines the club are pushing at the time.

You come face to face with the new supporter all the time these days too, the ones who think "kennys done a great job" & froth over the latest merch drop. Highlight of their fortnight is holding their scarf up and singing NTUA. Team performance is only a secondary interest.

A big part of me wants to email people, un furl banners, shake my fist at the AGM, but it's all been done before. The club weather it, pretend it doesn't happen, other supporters tsch tsch and remind us "what is was like in 2011".

Members survey pfft, they will cherry pick the heck out of the survey results to re-enforce the "strategic vision" they have, and all will get a double thumbs up.

Nevermind, it was a fun 150 years while it lasted.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I'm done. Loser club satisfied with the "success" they've achieved.

Sounds like we're doing 2023 again. Just waiting for Koch to say something stupid again like "good clubs don't sack coaches mid season", as if we're something any functioning sporting club should be aspiring to be like.

I've got 2 toddlers, who I thought I'd be bringing up as Porr supporters and taking along to games. I'm not putting them through this joke, they can support whoever they want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back