Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

How can the pass mark be just finals when we finished top 4 last year? So they expected us to go backwards with Kens best list ever?
Lol this club..
Because they don't care about success and don't care about winning a flag, that's why it'll never happen under this administration. They'll all pad themselves on the back for getting close enough and now go enjoy the offseason thinking they don't need to improve.

Nothing changes until their is a massive clean out and complete culture change.

Ken is shit at developing players. Out of the 13 players we drafted (not from other AFL teams) who played in the prelim, only 5 of them were non-first rounders.

Mead is still underwhelming, and Evans was already good before we picked him up in mid-season. So, how much credit does Ken really get for Evans?

There was a Saints fan who claims he knows Sam Hayes, and Hayes said the club wouldn’t help him work on his weaknesses.

2025 already has the stink of Kenny sitting in his deck chair in sunnies during the pre season. That air of mission accomplished.

Deck chair Kenny was 2015. A decade ago. When the downward spiral started, when we had a couple of washed up guys from INXS still standing on the playing area as the game was about to start.

An entire decade later and we're stille expected to swallow the same pus. What joy has there been in following port Adelaide in the last 10 years? A few nice home and away wins? Landing players like JHF? Watching butters develop into a star?

It's all pointless, because we know the club is going nowhere. We're not winning anything, nor does the club actually care about that fact, because it's no longer a goal. We exist just to play footy and make the finals sometimes. A finals win constitutes a successful season. Embarrassing failures are swept under the carpet with regularity.

If you care about the club, the time has come to walk away. Withdraw any financial support. Go do something else with your life.
Last paragraph is absolutely spot on. This is the long term agenda of the AFL- to alienate the hard core rusted on fans of every club and produce a confected soap opera television spectacle that is designed to appeal to the beer swilling armchair expert, the casual observer and any other demographic with hitherto no interest in the game. Morphing the clubs into soulless franchises completes the picture. Get your footy fix from a lower tier and withdraw any support, financial,moral or whatever, from the AFL. It's the only way to impact their dirty scheme.

And what exactly is the point of getting excited about trade week? We'll over pay for some other team's cast offs, whilst getting a stale sandwich for a dual AA. We'll then claim the list is the best ever until we fall off a cliff around R15, and extend the least successful coach in the sport's history because "he can't kick it for 'em".
The way Koch spoke on Channel 7 seemed to indicate he thinks finishing 3rd in the final wash-up (after finishing 2nd end of H&A) is some sort of achievement.

We can’t fight against delusion like that. This is a hopeless situation.

I'm interested in this because its one of the great myths of Hinkley. I am open to listening, I want examples of our great leader developing players. If you say Butters or Horne-Francis expect to be tiraded....or Rozee.

Every player on our list who wasn't traded in besides Travis Boak has never played under another coach. Most who were traded in have played their best football under Hinkley, as has Boak.

You can't just assume these players would've become what they are through talent alone. You only need to look at a club like North to see that. And I'm not just talking about the three mids. Guys like Farrell, Houston, Bergman, Georgiades and others have flourished as players in recent years. Now that's not all Hinkley but it's not none of his doing. There's a reason the players like him and the Geelong players liked him. He makes them feel good about themselves and probably speaks the language of your average dumb young footballer.

None of this makes him a good senior coach. He reached his level as an assistant and that's where he should've stayed. But to deny that he has any strengths undermines the credibility of this thread.

Ken is shit at developing players. Out of the 13 players we drafted (not from other AFL teams) who played in the prelim, only 5 of them were non-first rounders.

Mead is still underwhelming, and Evans was already good before we picked him up in mid-season. So, how much credit does Ken really get for Evans?

There was a Saints fan who claims he knows Sam Hayes, and Hayes said the club wouldn’t help him work on his weaknesses.
None, he just walked into the side and started playing well.

And we have guys like Williams who has all the talent in the world and we still can't make him into something good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of the development of players is that they have the ability to win the key moments, win finals and win the ultimate final, not just be AA or club B&F's smooching all over Ken. After 12 years, Ken has not instilled that resolve in any of them, they have all failed their duties, be it kicking points or miskicking the ball, or deliberate out of bounds, or whatever stuff ups, or not showing up at all. Ken is shit at development, and always will be.

Every player on our list who wasn't traded in besides Travis Boak has never played under another coach. Most who were traded in have played their best football under Hinkley, as has Boak.

You can't just assume these players would've become what they are through talent alone. You only need to look at a club like North to see that. And I'm not just talking about the three mids. Guys like Farrell, Houston, Bergman, Georgiades and others have flourished as players in recent years. Now that's not all Hinkley but it's not none of his doing. There's a reason the players like him and the Geelong players liked him. He makes them feel good about themselves and probably speaks the language of your average dumb young footballer.

None of this makes him a good senior coach. He reached his level as an assistant and that's where he should've stayed. But to deny that he has any strengths undermines the credibility of this thread.
I don't discount what you are saying here because you bring up some good and interesting points.

I would say that what Hinkley may do is create an environment that they enjoy and can mean that in some respects that in some players brings out the best of themselves in their football.

But what I would counter with is, how much of this comfortable environment becomes detrimental to us when the challenge of finals happens.

I don't discount what you are saying here because you bring up some good and interesting points.

I would say that what Hinkley may do is create an environment that they enjoy and can mean that in some respects that in some players brings out the best of themselves in their football.

But what I would counter with is, how much of this comfortable environment becomes detrimental to us when the challenge of finals happens.

Agree 100%

Wait a second I cannot think of one player who has come in, coaches have worked with him over a long period and has come out a very good player. The closest I can think of, is Amon but he always had that kick which was and still is his only weapon.
I think the real point is that they would have been much better players under a proper coach. The fraud hasn't got the best out of a LOT of players - it's criminal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back