Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

When you boil it down the club has never had the balls to sack him. They're just going to see out his contract next year and blow smoke up his ass when he leaves.
Thats what good football clubs do according to Koch.
It's not even that they don't have the balls to sack him (which they clearly don't). It that Koch genuinely this he's doing a good job and they the club has been successful in recent years, to Koch close enough is good enough and if we keep doing the same this it might somehow change next year.

Zero desire to make change and hunt a flag.

It's not even that they don't have the balls to sack him (which they clearly don't). It that Koch genuinely this he's doing a good job and they the club has been successful in recent years, to Koch close enough is good enough and if we keep doing the same this it might somehow change next year.

Zero desire to make change and hunt a flag.

Yep. Koch's speech on channel 7 makes that very obvious

It's not finances, it's not the AFL not allowing them to sack him, it's not fear, it's just a complete lack of desire because they think he's doing well.

Settle in, things are gonna get nasty in 2025.

We need to post more in the sack Koch thread. Therein lies the problem and the solution to our woes.
Doubtful,90% of people who go to games now want ken or accept it,can remember 1 game where people booed,this team makes finals in 2025, Kochi says that's a pass mark

Sent from my A065 using Tapatalk

The pass mark is to just be around contention/ somewhat relevant and pay off debt. That's all.

Port Adelaide, as it currently sits, only exists to pay off debt and make money for the AFL. That's the pass mark.

Getting shafted in MRO, fines, controversies. Know the fans are emotionally invested and feed off of that to garner clicks etc.

I've honestly more or less checked out now, after hearing Koch's statements yesterday I've lost all interest. It's not just Ken, it's the direction of the club as a whole.

I thought I'd be taking my kids to games one day, proudly indoctrinating them into the club, not anymore.

Other than a few stickers we can't even really fight it, someone will bring up a member controlled board at the AGM again and Koch will fein ignorance/interest & pencil it down, only to screw the notepad up as soon as the meetings over. The media are all in the clubs pocket so getting our points across in that medium is met with smarmy disingenuous responses & whatever propaganda lines the club are pushing at the time.

You come face to face with the new supporter all the time these days too, the ones who think "kennys done a great job" & froth over the latest merch drop. Highlight of their fortnight is holding their scarf up and singing NTUA. Team performance is only a secondary interest.

A big part of me wants to email people, un furl banners, shake my fist at the AGM, but it's all been done before. The club weather it, pretend it doesn't happen, other supporters tsch tsch and remind us "what is was like in 2011".

Members survey pfft, they will cherry pick the heck out of the survey results to re-enforce the "strategic vision" they have, and all will get a double thumbs up.

Nevermind, it was a fun 150 years while it lasted.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That was me this year,40+ years supporting PAFC and when I started wanting them to lose,it was over for me.

It's a tough competition and someone has to finish top 8.

So we were top 4, and decided after trading away draft picks for puzzle pieces soldo, sweet, rat, and bzt... And then the pass mark was to be WORSE?

so Kenny can finish 8th, achieve that mark, and then next year the bar gets lowered to top 12. Then we finish 12th and the year after as long as we're 16th or higher all good.

All you had to do was kick that goal Sicily ONE JOB!

Although I guess Expat and the clappers would've been denied their Wonder Years moment.. living the dream
Already made finals by then,that was the pass mark, prob written into Ken's contract

Wait a second I cannot think of one player who has come in, coaches have worked with him over a long period and has come out a very good player. The closest I can think of, is Amon but he always had that kick which was and still is his only weapon.
Agree,players like Butters Rozee etc are talent ,not ken , they usually stagnate like Wingard because talent only gets U so far , already seeing it with Rozee

b044cc7a9de9b6a15897646ebc56c846.jpg

I think it's time we all accept that Chewy was either making things up on the fly and his 'sources' are the voices in his head. 0 credibility whatsoever. His story was always changing.

You know that things change, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the “rEmEmBeR 2o12?” drivel, you could easily argue that whatever this is is worse than that.

At least back then the club had a lot going against it and you could have had hope and optimism that things might improve instead of being trapped in this torture of never being good enough to make a Grand Final no matter what players we bring in, and being gaslit like nobody else has ever been gaslit before.

I had more optimism in 2011.
We’ve truly become a better version of the Saints: just a team who’s in no man’s land, won’t get better, won’t get worse, just happy to be here, and no real change will be made any time soon.

Teams like the Eagles and Tigers are bottom 4 now, but you know they are building properly and actually have a path to success.

yep we are an echelon below Fremantle and the Bulldogs now. Port, the Crows and the Saints are the most useless teams in the eyes of the league.

I've honestly more or less checked out now, after hearing Koch's statements yesterday I've lost all interest. It's not just Ken, it's the direction of the club as a whole.

I thought I'd be taking my kids to games one day, proudly indoctrinating them into the club, not anymore.

Other than a few stickers we can't even really fight it, someone will bring up a member controlled board at the AGM again and Koch will fein ignorance/interest & pencil it down, only to screw the notepad up as soon as the meetings over. The media are all in the clubs pocket so getting our points across in that medium is met with smarmy disingenuous responses & whatever propaganda lines the club are pushing at the time.

You come face to face with the new supporter all the time these days too, the ones who think "kennys done a great job" & froth over the latest merch drop. Highlight of their fortnight is holding their scarf up and singing NTUA. Team performance is only a secondary interest.

A big part of me wants to email people, un furl banners, shake my fist at the AGM, but it's all been done before. The club weather it, pretend it doesn't happen, other supporters tsch tsch and remind us "what is was like in 2011".

Members survey pfft, they will cherry pick the heck out of the survey results to re-enforce the "strategic vision" they have, and all will get a double thumbs up.

Nevermind, it was a fun 150 years while it lasted.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We can boo every time we are being flogged & walk out of games early. This will embarrass both the club & the Afl. But we need enuf people on here to be at the game to coordinate this & encourage those around us to walk out. No-one can stop us doing this.

2011 you at least felt you had a board actively fighting to improve our situation on and off the field.

It's weird to have a team make the top four as often as we have recently yet still feel like the club is happy to wollow in mediocrity. No final push for actual glory and redemption for what we struggled for.

We have a board, a coach and a playing group utterly stagnate and unable to muster the courage to take the final step.

Imagine if this lot was the group fighting the SANFL back in 11-12. The league would be celebrating Tassies first premiership by now.

2011 you at least felt you had a board actively fighting to improve our situation on and off the field.

It's weird to have a team make the top four as often as we have recently yet still feel like the club is happy to wollow in mediocrity. No final push for actual glory and redemption for what we struggled for.

We have a board, a coach and a playing group utterly stagnate and unable to muster the courage to take the final step.

Imagine if this lot was the group fighting the SANFL back in 11-12. The league would be celebrating Tassies first premiership by now.
Last sentence is a scary thought

Last edited:
For mine, I was never completely sure of Chewy because it seemed like the decision and previous decisions hovered on a losing streak or a game being lost and not a true milestone objective or even worse the reason behind the loses and especially the finals loss.

The idea that we are here to win premierships is long gone and even when they say this, it is not said with any conviction or sincerity.

As I've said many times David Koch is the single worst thing to ever happen to the Port Adelaide Football Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back