Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

He actually did.

According to him, if we lost the next game after the Brisbane booing game, it was done.

Then we beat the Saints and it eventually became a 50/50m proposition. Basically a guess.
I have a massive problem with the "he wins a game so he continues". At some stage we have to sit down and say is he the best person moving forward and that answer is always No.

They'd extend him today if they thought they could get away with it. They're shameless. Keep your mates in a job as long as possible. It's absolutely disgraceful.
To be fair they aren't going to say much else as much as we'd love to hear "dirty old Stinkley failed us again, we try to sack him but the ****er always is in contract when we are going shit"

They'd extend him today if they thought they could get away with it. They're shameless. Keep your mates in a job as long as possible. It's absolutely disgraceful.
I don't particularly know how these things work - is there no possibility whatsoever that the board can become member-controlled earlier than what is currently proposed? It's just insane that we have no voice here!!!

What’s the best material and method to make banners for the game? I’d like to have a few different ones ready to go for the season so I figure I’m best off asking the man behind the best banner so far.

Mine is a couple of metres of white fabric from Spotlight, I picked Poplin, a kind of cotton fabric, which is cheap but fairly sturdy. The text is in black craft paint. Not overthinking it too much, simple is best.

Then draw what you want to write on a piece of paper in the same font etc so you can get the spacing right, pencil in your letters on the fabric and paint away.

Voila

1728141847451.jpeg

I think that's going to be the cheapest way to get something effective at a large scale. If you want something smaller, A3 or A2 paper is certainly better than nothing, and it's generally more accessible.

While a big sign is great, better to have 100 A3 signs than 5 big banners. If we were really organised, printing lots of them and handing them out outside games would be ideal.

The issue with any of this, of course, is that you'll cop some heat from happy clappers and those for whom any breach of decorum is unconscionable. Handing out banners outside the game would potentially even see you get stopped from entering the stadium.

But engage with those people who get angry with you, spread a positive word about the need for change, don't get angry back at them. Just calmly state the facts.

I don't particularly know how these things work - is there no possibility whatsoever that the board can become member-controlled earlier than what is currently proposed? It's just insane that we have no voice here!!!

I don't think we'd have the momentum to push for change to the board before the trigger of the Crows structure change.

Unless, of course, we had a major trigger. That would probably require another Hinkley extension, Tredrea and Snowdon quitting the board and starting an active protest etc. I don't think it's really realistic.

I have a massive problem with the "he wins a game so he continues". At some stage we have to sit down and say is he the best person moving forward and that answer is always No.

It's insane, isn't it. Even that there is even still a discussion to be had. We should have set our minimum requirements for him to continue before the season, or at least before the finals, so that the decision is made and just needs ratifying after the last game.

This is how most clubs work. There's a reason all the crowd chants about sacking coaches talks about getting sacked in the morning or on Monday. Why we're still waiting for the footy committee to meet weeks after our last game is very frustrating.

Mine is a couple of metres of white fabric from Spotlight, I picked Poplin, a kind of cotton fabric, which is cheap but fairly sturdy. The text is in black craft paint. Not overthinking it too much, simple is best.

Then draw what you want to write on a piece of paper in the same font etc so you can get the spacing right, pencil in your letters on the fabric and paint away.

Voila

View attachment 2133024

I think that's going to be the cheapest way to get something effective at a large scale. If you want something smaller, A3 or A2 paper is certainly better than nothing, and it's generally more accessible.

While a big sign is great, better to have 100 A3 signs than 5 big banners. If we were really organised, printing lots of them and handing them out outside games would be ideal.

The issue with any of this, of course, is that you'll cop some heat from happy clappers and those for whom any breach of decorum is unconscionable. Handing out banners outside the game would potentially even see you get stopped from entering the stadium.

But engage with those people who get angry with you, spread a positive word about the need for change, don't get angry back at them. Just calmly state the facts.

Great stuff mate

It is interesting to say the least as to how skilled so many of you are at reading comprehension.

I wrote prior to the B&F that my presumptive deadline was false. I said to wait after the trade period. And yet so many of you are cracking up because he's not gone by the B&F.

I also never said anywhere that he was 100% going, or 100% staying. But like that really matters to you all, anyway.

I reiterate the notion that no decision has been made definitively either way. Take it at whatever value you deem it. Heck, print it off and use it to wipe your arse for all I care.

In the meantime I will not be replying to any comments directed at me - positive or negative, and will instead be using the trade period as a time to focus on my health seeing as I am still in hospital and well and truly ready to get out of here.

It’s well-studied that people tend to listen and read what they want to be said and written, instead of what is actually said and written. The studies are fairly recent, but Plato talks about it in his Phaedrus. You have no control over that.

Relax. Get better. Then, come back. We’ll be here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He actually did.

According to him, if we lost the next game after the Brisbane booing game, it was done.

Then we beat the Saints and it eventually became a 50/50m proposition. Basically a guess.

With what Koch says, we basically have to miss finals to ‘have a chance’ to think about the idea of letting Ken go.

I have zero faith they won’t sign Ken again if we are going OK - history says they will.

Is the Carr talk a thing? Well come out in March and say it’s Ken’s last year and Carr is taking over in 2026, but they won’t.

They are so invested in getting a flag for daddy they will keep it going as long as they can, they will keep all doors open for him to continue, otherwise they will fail too for backing him in.

The club seems to be run by people more interested in their own story and agenda.

Also Richo, waiting for the reply to my email, thanks.

Hurh hurh I'm just like fages, coz we both old see. So give job now. Me old.

- Kenny Hinkley pitches to the board

Wait till Caro and Kane keep trotting the Fages comparison out all year…

Mind you I reckon Kane can see why he will cop so much heat next year, he knows enough about Port to realise Kens been here too long now.

If there was going to be a sacking, Carr would have to be ready to take over and would have to be in the know behind the scenes, you would expect. So how ambitious is he?

I remember the silence from Choco when Cahill was heading into his meeting and he wasn't reappointed, but different circumstance as Cahill’s contract was expiring. However, you could assume that Choco was expecting it ... the board had not forgotten the Moylan spat, and some of the board didn't want Cahill to be the inaugural coach to begin with.

100% this. They are definitely not serious about winning premierships. If they were they would sack baldy and they would also beef up the coaching panel. Instead they keep appointing from within. They are a bunch of splineless cowards who are happy with mediocrity.
Why do they need to sack anyone? In their tiny minds, they never finish low enough to feel like they've failed, and finals are overrated anyway, so let's keep doing what we're doing. Oh well - at least I'll be saving hundreds of dollars every year until they change their minds.

Once the club had Kane wheeling out the typical "they finished 2nd with the 9th best list" stuff it was obviously over. I don't believe for a second that his job was dependant on what happened in finals

I love how the fans (us) are always proven right. Everyone hated the dual captains, and we were right. Everyone wanted Ken gone last year (and years before that); we were right, they were wrong. We all hated the Esava and Soldo deals, the absolute poverty coaching signings of Hartlett and Lobbe, etc. And look at our SANFL team under Hartlett.

It’s amazing how much these people get wrong. Why can’t they, for once, just listen to the fans?
Which is why it'd be so awesome to win the flag in Carr's first year in charge. After all their vain efforts for success under Hinkley, we finally reach the promised land as soon as he's gone!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back