Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is that some on the board, Chris Davies and Koch believe that Ken is the right guy, it doesn't matter about results as long as we make finals regularly, they don't look back at his finals record, only his win loss record.

When the people we entrust to make good decisions for the club think Ken is the man, there's not much we can do, especially when we don't have the power to vote them out.

We can only show our displeasure by not renewing and not attending as much as it hurts. The media angle is difficult, when I send emails I never mention Hinkley, I refer to him as the head coach and stick to the facts, we all know what they are when it counts

As far as emailing the club, I have been doing it since 2917 most times without a response. In the last month I have sent of 20 emails from different accounts and have not had one response.

The problem is that some on the board, Chris Davies and Koch believe that Ken is the right guy, it doesn't matter about results as long as we make finals regularly, they don't look back at his finals record, only his win loss record.

When the people we entrust to make good decisions for the club think Ken is the man, there's not much we can do, especially when we don't have the power to vote them out.

We can only show our displeasure by not renewing and not attending as much as it hurts. The media angle is difficult, when I send emails I never mention Hinkley, I refer to him as the head coach and stick to the facts, we all know what they are when it counts

As far as emailing the club, I have been doing it since 2917 most times without a response. In the last month I have sent of 20 emails from different accounts and have not had one response.
I got a couple of quality responses from KT. Since then I think I got one cut and paste and then radio silence.

I buy 5 memberships each year.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have a massive problem with the "he wins a game so he continues". At some stage we have to sit down and say is he the best person moving forward and that answer is always No.

It literally flies in the face of the realities of elite sport, let alone a club that claims to ‘exist to win premierships’ and be ‘chasing greatness’.

Koch also takes too many of his cues from the media.

Just because the laughably-conflicted Gerard Whateley says the sun shines out of Ken Hinkley’s arse, doesn’t mean you have to clamour for a pair of Oakleys.

Just because Kane Cornes and every other eastern seaboard donk thinks Ken Hinkley is performing miracles getting a squad containing a billion All-Australians, first-round picks, father-sons and high-priced recruits near the pointy end, doesn’t mean it’s true.

If you set out your stall to win a flag, sacrifice your longer-term salary cap and draft capital to do it — and finish top-3 at the end of the minor round four times out of five — you should probably be making Grand Finals and winning premierships, instead of delivering national humiliation and boasting about bouncing back to pip 7th-place in a home repechage.

I seriously wonder what part of Ken Hinkley sitting on that bench smashing diet soda, carrying on like a pork chop when he’s not a stone-faced zombie, and clamouring for his headset whenever the camera’s on him, makes the suits in charge believe he’s some sort of magical figure we can’t risk losing against any alternative.

Is it the “hmmm let’s start our oldest, sh¡ttest field kick across halfback” or “let’s bomb long to a battered bloke who can barely move” Preliminary Final tactical masterclass that wowed them, or?

Because if they’re putting any stock in the “omg he cried! that must mean he really cares!” or “geez! he still wants to come back?! that must mean he’s extra-determined to get the flag he deserves [sic]!” nonsense, there is literally no point to this club anymore.

I got a couple of quality responses from KT. Since then I think I got one cut and paste and then radio silence.

I buy 5 memberships each year.

5 memberships and that weak Richardson didn't even reply, I would go down their and ask why.

With what Koch says, we basically have to miss finals to ‘have a chance’ to think about the idea of letting Ken go.

I have zero faith they won’t sign Ken again if we are going OK - history says they will.

Is the Carr talk a thing? Well come out in March and say it’s Ken’s last year and Carr is taking over in 2026, but they won’t.

They are so invested in getting a flag for daddy they will keep it going as long as they can, they will keep all doors open for him to continue, otherwise they will fail too for backing him in.

The club seems to be run by people more interested in their own story and agenda.

Also Richo, waiting for the reply to my email, thanks.
Agree. Wouldn't trust a thing that's said, it's all designed to buy time to prove they were right in sticking with Ken. When the Buffoon says that Ken deserves a premiership (shows his total lack of understanding about the football industry) it is clear he wants Ken to stay until he gets one. We make finals next year I believe they will renew his contract. Tredders & supporters who want him out have a big job to change this thinking over the next 8+ months. Let's get moving.

It literally flies in the face of the realities of elite sport, let alone a club that claims to ‘exist to win premierships’ and be ‘chasing greatness’.

Koch also takes too many of his cues from the media.

Just because the laughably-conflicted Gerard Whateley says the sun shines out of Ken Hinkley’s arse, doesn’t mean you have to clamour for a pair of Oakleys.

Just because Kane Cornes and every other eastern seaboard donk thinks Ken Hinkley is performing miracles getting a squad containing a billion All-Australians, first-round picks, father-sons and high-priced recruits near the pointy end, doesn’t mean it’s true.

If you set out your stall to win a flag, sacrifice your longer-term salary cap and draft capital to do it — and finish top-3 at the end of the minor round four times out of five — you should probably be making Grand Finals and winning premierships, instead of delivering national humiliation and boasting about bouncing back to pip 7th-place in a home repechage.

I seriously wonder what part of Ken Hinkley sitting on that bench smashing diet soda, carrying on like a pork chop when he’s not a stone-faced zombie, and clamouring for his headset whenever the camera’s on him, makes the suits in charge believe he’s some sort of magical figure we can’t risk losing against any alternative.

Is it the “hmmm let’s start our oldest, sh¡ttest field kick across halfback” or “let’s bomb long to a battered bloke who can barely move” Preliminary Final tactical masterclass that wowed them, or?

Because if they’re putting any stock in the “omg he cried! that must mean he really cares!” or “geez! he still wants to come back?! that must mean he’s extra-determined to get the flag he deserves [sic]!” nonsense, there is literally no point to this club anymore.
Perfect summation, love your work. And the people that suffer the most from this enlightened leadership are the supporters.

Hinkley deserving a flag is the biggest load of vomit inducing shit I've ever heard. His coaching legacy should be on a par with Gary Buckenara, Ken Judge, Matthew Knights and Mark Neeld.

Ironic the constant "Ken Hinkley deserves a premiership" is distinctly at odds with his mantra upon arrival "You get what you deserve." Face it idiot, you ain't good enough. Not the list, nor the injuries, nor the suspensions, nor the average age, nor the assistants, nor the selections, nor the weather, nor the venue, not the brand of diet cola, nor the game plan even. It's you. You're a bonafide loser.

You'd expect a side that finished third would have a real fire in the belly from the top down. Instead it's plaudits all round, mission accomplished, see you in March.
Like I posted before. Spot the loser.

Mission accomplished.
432a1a607f6a2133148800a85ff6b898.jpg

Mission accomplished.
96c1389d8d0d4d6ece3841e2b4ecbc8b.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there is a footy committee meeting it won’t be about sacking Ken, why do people think this is even a thing.

It’s probably about finding some second hand assistant from country Victoria to fill in the spot for the guy we moved on.
Do we end up getting these second raters because we

1. Pay Hinkley too much
2. Lose too much soft cap paying the AFL for stupid stuff we do
3. Nobody else will work with Hinkley
4. Hinkley believes country Victoria will get better candidates that the SANFL
5. all of the above

1. Pay Hinkley too much
5. all of the above
I think it's a bit of everything, but predominantly that Hinkley won't work with anyone who might challenge or be a threat. We've lost plenty of rated assistants for the same reason, so now we just have good "clubmen" who won't rock the boat.

Anyone who's worked in a large company would be familiar with this. Get to a level beyond which you are capable, then staff your team with yes people.

I think it's a bit of everything, but predominantly that Hinkley won't work with anyone who might challenge or be a threat. We've lost plenty of rated assistants for the same reason, so now we just have good "clubmen" who won't rock the boat.

Anyone who's worked in a large company would be familiar with this. Get to a level beyond which you are capable, then staff your team with yes people.
Sounds like our club board.

Yeah I've seen that a number of times. Its funny I've always said that people often get promoted one level further than their competence level because they aspire to the higher position.

Nothing illustrates it better than Hinkley.

84 point embarrassment in a home qualifying final. 27 goal turnaround in the prelim against a team we pumped by 100+ in the home/away season.

No personal responsibility. It's just the way she goes.

If you're getting paid 800k+ with no accountability, why would you change a thing?

1. Pay Hinkley too much
5. all of the above
We literally Cherry picked a guy from a low ranked club innate bush league.

It's not money.

We could find better than that even if the job didn't pay.

Ive come to realise all this sack hinkley thing, all this hope that things are going to change, is all generated right here on this forum. By a very small minority. Its not happening. I know lots of Port supporters that dont post here, who love Hinkley. thats the majority.

1. Pay Hinkley too much
5. all of the above

It's like your point '3' - but it's probably more suited to 'we need to find the right person who will agree with Hinkley.

Ive come to realise all this sack hinkley thing, all this hope that things are going to change, is all generated right here on this forum. By a very small minority. Its not happening. I know lots of Port supporters that dont post here, who love Hinkley. thats the majority.

I disagree that it's a majority now. It was probably a majority in 2020, but now people are just sick of him. I don't remember the last person I spoke about footy who still thought Hinkley was the right choice.

The Facebook happy clappers are the same small group who post every time defending Hinkley and on facebook, the club can hide negative comments down the bottom of a comments section.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back