Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we end up getting these second raters because we

1. Pay Hinkley too much
2. Lose too much soft cap paying the AFL for stupid stuff we do
3. Nobody else will work with Hinkley
4. Hinkley believes country Victoria will get better candidates that the SANFL
5. all of the above

There is a huge element of not wanting people who rock the boat. Look what happened to Schofield. Hire people who are either a) Ken disciples or b) wouldn't get a job elsewhere.

We literally Cherry picked a guy from a low ranked club innate bush league.

It's not money.

We could find better than that even if the job didn't pay.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol yes.

Even if that guy ends up being the next Jose Mourinho, he had no business whatsoever being promoted to this level at this stage of his career.

Lol yes.

Even if that guy ends up being the next Jose Mourinho, he had no business whatsoever being promoted to this level at this stage of his career.

You could get behind it if we had a great group of coaches and not just people who used to work for Ken Hinkley and then Josh Carr.

I disagree that it's a majority now. It was probably a majority in 2020, but now people are just sick of him. I don't remember the last person I spoke about footy who still thought Hinkley was the right choice.

The Facebook happy clappers are the same small group who post every time defending Hinkley and on facebook, the club can hide negative comments down the bottom of a comments section.
It wasn't a couple of dozen supporters who's boos rang out across AO for Lovely Ken.
It was a truckload of them.

It wasn't a couple of dozen supporters who's boos rang out across AO for Lovely Ken.
It was a truckload of them.

Bang on, and these are the supporters who went to that game in the first place and then hung around until the end.

People left in their thousands prior to that who i'm sure also would have engaged in some booing.

Bang on, and these are the supporters who went to that game in the first place and then hung around until the end.

People left in their thousands prior to that who i'm sure also would have engaged in some booing.
Membership numbers will tell the story then. If youre correct expect a huge nose dive.

Ive come to realise all this sack hinkley thing, all this hope that things are going to change, is all generated right here on this forum. By a very small minority. Its not happening. I know lots of Port supporters that dont post here, who love Hinkley. thats the majority.
Yeah it's not

Ive come to realise all this sack hinkley thing, all this hope that things are going to change, is all generated right here on this forum. By a very small minority. Its not happening. I know lots of Port supporters that dont post here, who love Hinkley. thats the majority.
This might have been a theory you could put forward before Tredders won the vote but its clearly not true now.

Look at the response on any social media also.

Membership numbers will tell the story then. If youre correct expect a huge nose dive.
Membership numbers are all nonsense now. You can buy a membership for a pet.

Also there are lots of people, myself included, desperate for change yet who still sign up because the club is far bigger than the current parasite custodians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've given several people on this board a "membership" and counted them in the numbers when that person specifically requested they didn't, or didn't respond to the club's offer of a free membership.

Membership numbers are a lie.

I have 2 x platinum memberships and I’ve been to 1 game since walking out of the 2021 Prelim at 3QT.

From our group of up to 30 stretching back to the Choco Era at Football Park, there are roughly 5-6 left including myself, and they only go intermittently.

A far cry from the Primus days where we’d show up relentlessly to help keep the club afloat, and of course the early Hinkley Era (2013-18ish) when you’d only miss a game due to illness/work/unavoidable commitments.

The subsequent drop-off of 30-50 year old diehards is absolutely a thing.

Membership numbers are all nonsense now. You can buy a membership for a pet.

Also there are lots of people, myself included, desperate for change yet who still sign up because the club is far bigger than the current parasite custodians.
Are you telling me A.Hitler isn't a fan of the adelaide crows?

We're currently 10th in premiership betting for 2025 despite finishing 2nd in the H&A this year and finishing top 4 in 4 of the past 5 seasons. Speaks volumes about what the football world thinks of us - and yet these same people advocate us keeping Hinkley. Time for the club to make a decision on whether it wants to be a proper football club in the premiership business or a franchise existing to make up the numbers and add an extra game to the fixture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back