Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

It also shows a weird type of stability in instability.

There is no real centre of gravity to the club.

I can only assume this is coming from the leadership of Koch.
I'm running out of words to describe how much I hate that man.

The same list our footy dept publically took a shit on after we lost to Brisbane.. that then finished second
When Chris Davies said that I thought it was a ready made excuse that was unnecessary and showed our footballing department to be kinda random and not having a true understanding of what they were doing.

That's why when you see the Hawks and Mitchell go about it, they know what to do, what players they want and that will fit to their gameplan. I don't mind us going for Ratugolea but you have to know what footballing traits are needed for the gameplan as a KPD and he just doesn't have them. While you know that Mitchell picking up Tom Barrass is going to fit into their team's needs. They've seen from a long way out that he is ideal for their team and went after him. And the Hawks did that during the Clarkson years as well.

• 3 playoff wins in 13 seasons
  • most overrated coach in all professional sports

I think it is a close run race between Ken Hinkley and Mike Tomlin but at least Tomlin has silverware, even if it dates back to 2008

Yup, the Steelers are the Port of the NFL!
In so many ways, including demographics and past glories.

Even getting missing pieces for another shot at it!

We did.. we got told to enjoy trade week.
We could get Buddy Franklin to the club at this point, and my excitement level would remain at zero. Hinkley would play him at full back anyway :).

This just popped up in my X feed and sorry, but I couldn’t not post it in here. Feel free to move or delete mods.

The absolute self-awareness of Kevin Keegan in resigning from the England job realising he’d taken it as far as he could, not reached the level and that it was time to move on.

And that fans wanted him gone and he’d listened, as he thought the balance of power should always be that way.

I guess when it comes to self awareness, you’ve either got it or you don’t.

"...I probably had a longer run than I could have expected..."

This vid should be spammed into every AFL mediot's inbox and socials. Subject: "Now do Kenny".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're currently 10th in premiership betting for 2025 despite finishing 2nd in the H&A this year and finishing top 4 in 4 of the past 5 seasons. Speaks volumes about what the football world thinks of us - and yet these same people advocate us keeping Hinkley. Time for the club to make a decision on whether it wants to be a proper football club in the premiership business or a franchise existing to make up the numbers and add an extra game to the fixture.
Yeah but man, we've won the second most games behind only Brisbane by 1 win in the past 5 years.

This just popped up in my X feed and sorry, but I couldn’t not post it in here. Feel free to move or delete mods.

The absolute self-awareness of Kevin Keegan in resigning from the England job realising he’d taken it as far as he could, not reached the level and that it was time to move on.

And that fans wanted him gone and he’d listened, as he thought the balance of power should always be that way.

I guess when it comes to self awareness, you’ve either got it or you don’t.

This needs to be sent to the club.

I know all this. But the club says the list is at fault. So why have we continued to employ the man responsible for building that list? Unless they don't actually believe that excuse and they're just using it to deflect attention from Donuts.
100% correct they will say and do anything to deflect attention away from Stinkers deficiencies because it reflects badly on the people who continually back him.

When Chris Davies said that I thought it was a ready made excuse that was unnecessary and showed our footballing department to be kinda random and not having a true understanding of what they were doing.

That's why when you see the Hawks and Mitchell go about it, they know what to do, what players they want and that will fit to their gameplan. I don't mind us going for Ratugolea but you have to know what footballing traits are needed for the gameplan as a KPD and he just doesn't have them. While you know that Mitchell picking up Tom Barrass is going to fit into their team's needs. They've seen from a long way out that he is ideal for their team and went after him. And the Hawks did that during the Clarkson years as well.
That's an excellent summation of our lack of long term football strategy & our reactive approach to everything. Imo, we failed for way too many years under Hinkley to find a proper CHB, filling the position with an undersized Jonas who did his best. Imo its one of the most important positions on the ground inorder to win a flag. Having a negative CHB that provides zero rebound ability is never going to cut it. We spent way too much high draft capital recruiting very average half back flankers instead of kp defenders.

We also failed for too many years under Hinkley in our identification & development of ruck talent. We eventually addressed these issues but it's always by bringing in players (often unwanted or scarcely used by the source club) rather than us developing them from the draft.

We just don't have people at the club that have strong football minds with a solid plan to build a premiership team & a premiership coaching panel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back