Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Tredders has just posted a story on his instagram that he's at a Caravan Park but remoting in to a Footy Dept meeting.

Hopefully today's the day
Probably just a meeting to catch up on the trade period and delistings don't get your hopes up I think it will be all over this time next year, ken will be gone then hopefully the next 12 months go quick

The messaging at the club in the Koch era has been absolutely horrendous. Worse than simply bad. They fundamentally don't understand their supporter base or how to communicate with them.

It's been a problem for a decade. We say the clearcut wrong thing all the time. How have we not hired someone who gets it?

The messaging at the club in the Koch era has been absolutely horrendous. Worse than simply bad. They fundamentally don't understand their supporter base or how to communicate with them.

It's been a problem for a decade. We say the clearcut wrong thing all the time. How have we not hired someone who gets it?

That's because they stay as far away from us as often as possible.

Rozee on his respect for Ken Hinkley

“Yeah, enormous respect and admiration for Kenny. He's done so much for our football club. And, yeah, it's hard to put into words, I guess, without seeing from the inside what he does on a day to day. He does so much work, he's first into the club every morning and the last person to leave. He wants more than anyone, to bring success to our club, and that's why we love him so much. To see that he's emotionally driven to bring us success, and that probably came out the last couple of weeks, but I've got no doubt that our group's behind him, and he's doing something right to get us into – I’ve played in three prelims now – and yeah, certainly we will hopefully put ourselves in this position again to do it for him, I guess a little bit, and also for some of our older guys have been around for a while.

What pathetic weak words from a Port Adelaide Captain, he should hand in the captaincy and give it to JHF, at least he didn't go missing when it counted, hey Connor.
Not one comment in all of that about his actual ability to coach or what he brings beyond cuddles and locking up at night

That's because they stay as far away from us as often as possible.

They could pick a person at random out of the crowd one game and hire them to vet club messaging and we'd be about 1000 times better at it. The people inside the club are swept up in the cult too much.

Not one comment in all of that about his actual ability to coach or what he brings beyond cuddles and locking up at night

Yeah it's nuts isn't it. They effectively like him because he has low expectations of them.

I guess he's a pretty hard sell from any other perspective. He's not good at strategy, he's not good at gameday tactics, the players aren't motivated consistently.

In isolation, the “he’s done so much for our club” stuff is an earnest snapshot into the mindset of younger people who don’t know any better.

Connor was 12 years old when Ken Hinkley got the job, and 13 when the “omg Kenny is performing miracles! Hinkley is the saviour of Port Power!” narratives began.

I don’t blame him at all for subscribing to the decade-plus propaganda campaign.
Played in 3 prelims... Been completely uncompetitive and a national laughing stock in 2 of the 3...

“Yeah, enormous respect and admiration for Kenny. He's done so much for our football club. And, yeah, it's hard to put into words, I guess, without seeing from the inside what he does on a day to day. He does so much work, he's first into the club every morning and the last person to leave. He wants more than anyone, to bring success to our club, and that's why we love him so much. To see that he's emotionally driven to bring us success, and that probably came out the last couple of weeks, but I've got no doubt that our group's behind him, and he's doing something right to get us into – I’ve played in three prelims now – and yeah, certainly we will hopefully put ourselves in this position again to do it for him, I guess a little bit, and also for some of our older guys have been around for a while.

What pathetic weak words from a Port Adelaide Captain, he should hand in the captaincy and give it to JHF, at least he didn't go missing when it counted, hey Connor.

Probably hates Mrs Donna Hinkley nagging him at home, so he does OT to get out.

Can't place the cheeky bets without disruption at home.

Because there surely isn't any wielding results from all this hardery workery for longer.

Yeah it's nuts isn't it. They effectively like him because he has low expectations of them.

I guess he's a pretty hard sell from any other perspective. He's not good at strategy, he's not good at gameday tactics, the players aren't motivated consistently.
Maybe the message from round 1 should be, "As soon as we lose a game, Ken is gone." The way the players tend to play better whenever the coach is under pressure, we'd probably have an undefeated season :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the message from round 1 should be, "As soon as we lose a game, Ken is gone." The way the players tend to play better whenever the coach is under pressure, we'd probably have an undefeated season :).
Why should all the players have to wear that? If we sack him it'll be because he's not the right person for the job.

In isolation, the “he’s done so much for our club” stuff is an earnest snapshot into the mindset of younger people who don’t know any better.

Connor was 12 years old when Ken Hinkley got the job, and 13 when the “omg Kenny is performing miracles! Hinkley is the saviour of Port Power!” narratives began.

I don’t blame him at all for subscribing to the decade-plus propaganda campaign.

It reads like a piece of writing that Rozee could have written when he was actually 12 or 13 years old lol
Ok kids, for this mornings written journal exercise, write something positive about your ... umm ... sports coach.

They'll grow to resent Ken and the time they wasted under him once they play under a real coach and start to achieve their potential

I've posted this before but I don't think most AFL players these days actually care about winning the premiership. They might think they care but they don't really care. The actual lifestyle of being a footballer with all of the social and financial perks that come with it far outweigh any on field success these days. Most of them are happy just being there and doing enough to justify whatever pay packet their natural talent will draw. You get the odd self starter like JHF who wants to be the best but it's a minority.

It's only later in life when their youth has faded, life has become more ho hum, whatever financial success they have gained from playing AFL has become taken for granted, etc, that they will look back on their careers and think 'you know what, it would've been nice to play in a grand final, I feel like a bit of a failure ...'.

All of this by the way is even more the reason why you need a coach who knows how to convince a group of young men that winning a premiership is worth fighting for and knows how to keep them believing in and aligned to that task. Hinkley has proven he can't do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back