Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

No, the AFL decided that the players and coaches would get paid as normal. The administrators were fair game as they are easily replaced. The six month payout clause was for a worst case scenario but Hinkley saw it as a risk if he was sacked for being a failure, nothing to do with COVID. Hinkley was simply looking after Hinkley as he always doing.

Every single point you have made here is complete nonsense except the last one which literally amounts to Hinkley being a human being who looks after himself like all human beings do.

Hawks sending coaches abroad after finals run​

Several Hawks coaches are heading, or have returned, abroad for professional development opportunities.

Ken's probably packed the MG up with his cooler full of diet soft drink and bogan shorts and thongs, ready for his well deserved break.
Our development in house at Port ensures world's best practice, and obviates the need to spend money on overseas development programs.

Every single point you have made here is complete nonsense except the last one which literally amounts to Hinkley being a human being who looks after himself like all human beings do.

This decision is more on the club and they are the ones we should be angry at, but I can't help but look at this in the context of Hinkley's long career of me-first behaviour.

Doesn't take responsibility for our performances, throws the players under the bus.
Has set a gameplan that caps out at making finals and is fine with it because it keeps getting him new contracts.
Kicks the accountability can down the road at every turn, shifts the goal posts and hides when he can't deflect.
Stood out of football for a season to force Fitzroy to trade him to Geelong.
Has admitted that footy isn't that big of a deal for him these days but is still employed as an AFL head coach a decade later.
Doesn't seek to improve or challenge himself, surrounds himself with yes men and forces out people who will challenge him.
Contacts and admonishes people in the media who are critical of him.
Leveraged the Gold Coast offer for a big new contract at Port.
Leveraged the COVID rules to lock himself in for longer.
Utilises his friends in the media to disparage the fans and the players to protect him at all costs.
Flat out does not accept any criticism internally or externally.

This wasn't Hinkley looking after himself with the uncertainty of COVID, this was Hinkley continuing to feather his own nest because that's ultimately all he cares about. He doesn't care about the club and he doesn't care about winning a flag.

The great financial panther, David Koch, couldn’t afford to sack a coach a decade after he became Chairman.

Which one of us was Heinrich Himmler in a past life?
I’m deadset convinced it’s my fault and that the footy gods are trying to **** me sideways for switching from Collingwood to Port Adelaide in 2015. There can’t be any other reason why my favourite player won a flag last year for Collingwood of all teams.
Naturally the right thing to do is to start a petition for member control of the club because if it’s my fault we’re in this mess, I’ll do what I can to get us out of it.
(PS: sign the petition at change.org/takebackpafc)

This decision is more on the club and they are the ones we should be angry at, but I can't help but look at this in the context of Hinkley's long career of me-first behaviour.

Doesn't take responsibility for our performances, throws the players under the bus.
Has set a gameplan that caps out at making finals and is fine with it because it keeps getting him new contracts.
Kicks the accountability can down the road at every turn, shifts the goal posts and hides when he can't deflect.
Has admitted that footy isn't that big of a deal for him these days but is still employed as an AFL head coach a decade later.
Doesn't seek to improve or challenge himself, surrounds himself with yes men and forces out people who will challenge him.
Utilises his friends in the media to disparage the fans and the players to protect him at all costs.

This wasn't Hinkley looking after himself with the uncertainty of COVID, this was Hinkley continuing to feather his own nest because that's ultimately all he cares about. He doesn't care about the club and he doesn't care about winning a flag.
I’d also add in the narrative of being the last man standing when he got the job, as it just feels like “I’m the best youse true believers are gonna get, I was here when the going was tough, I’m such a mastermind” even if it’s not explicitly said.
And I’m inclined to believe he repeated the Gold Coast thing again with West Coast because why else would a coach so hated by a segment of his fanbase who is also still contracted for another season be discussed in vacant coach talks? Dunno if it was planted by his management or his media mates but definitely seems like a method of acting like there’s demand so that we’d think if we sacked him there’s another club ready to swoop since he’s good enough to coach.

In addition, was worried that his poor sportsmanship and childish behaviour after the Hawthorn semi would be his legacy. What legacy Ken? You actually haven't won or achieved anything. Deluded.

So why didn't we land any free agents if Kenny is such a great salesman?
Port has turned into a car yard in Davo Park...

And Hinkley is the feral car sales man...

"Yous should buy this beauty only 504000k's on the clock... Don't mind the needles in the ash tray.. I'll get my mate koch to clean it up for ya... Hey Donna is my ****ing instant coffee and toasted sandwich ready yet ya bitch?"

So why didn't we land any free agents if Kenny is such a great salesman?
The club tells us that players want to come to Port Adelaide to be coached by the incredible Kenny™ and there will be a mass exodus of players when/if Kenny™ ever leaves Port.

The reality is that despite all of the players this trade period supposedly wanting to come here only Lukosius who wants to play with good mate Rozee is coming and Houston, a player who is contracted for years, wants to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back