Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched an interview today of a guy that has won gold medals in rowing at three consecutive Olympic Games and is currently competing at the pinnacle of an unrelated sport. He was headhuntered for that sport because he is a winner. He made the comment that success isn't a surprise and went on to explain that each of his gold medals was the culmination of four years of planning, execution and hard work.

Meanwhile Daddy Donuts says we just need a bit of luck and would be totally surprised by any success.
You are spot on with this example. Its one of the key reasons why he is so unsuited to the role and the reason he has always failed.

Kane Cornes says that Ken Hinkley will need a Grand Final to get a contract extension (He will immediately abandon this when it becomes clear we won't be doing that, and blame the list)

Gerard Whately says that Port are in a mini rebuild with no expectation of performance and talks about how Ken Hinkley is the perfect man for the job, even discussing a contract extension so he can see through the rebuild.

Dom Cassisi is elected to the board at the AGM.

The membership department issue everyone who has ever held a Port membership before a free membership, this includes pets and the dead. We break our membership record. Koch claims victory.

We take a reach with pick 13 and a flanker with pick 29.

Ken Hinkley finally raises the roller shutters again 4 days prior to Round 1 and says that we've addressed last year's issues and we're ready to compete this year. Note that he doesn't specifically say we're ready to win the flag. He also says that he's been in footy a long time.
Triggering

They are going past us next year regardless of their free agents.

No they aren't, their list sucks. It sucks so bad.

We have a massively inflated opinion of the Crows because we shit the bed against them 3/4 of the time. They finished 15th for a reason, and their midfield and backlines are workmanlike at best.

Don't get me wrong, they'd all have to get ebola for us to avoid dropping a showdown to them, but that's absolutely not a reflection of the relative talent on the lists.

All of our prime movers aside from Aliir are young and will get better.

🎙️| Ange Postecoglou on if he’s accepted that he can’t succeed at the club, similar to Antonio Conte:

“Mate, if I accepted that what am I doing here? Seriously - if I accept that this is somehow impossible to change I am really stealing a living. Seriously, why am I here?
I don't believe that and I never have. And if I fail to do the failure is on me, it's nothing to do with the club. It's on my because I know that coming into it that the club hasn't won anything for x amount of time.
I know the tag on the club, I know all these things when I accepted the position so it's no good me saying now 'you know what? I can't do this, it's impossible no matter who you have'.
I made the decision to step into it knowing all these things. It's not a secret. It was not like getting in here and going 'Jesus Christ, this club hasn't won anything for 14 years - can you believe it?
I accepted that challenge so I can't sit here complaining that it's harder. It's why I'm here and it's up to me to change that. And if I don't then the failure's on me.
The reason I think the past is irrelevant is because I can't change that. I wasn't here, I wasn't part of it - and maybe it was impossible, I don't know but from where I sit here right now I don't see it as impossible. I think it is achievable and that's why I'm going to do everything in my power to change it.”

Accountability

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back