Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Not trolling with this post but I’d love to trade Horse for Kenny.

You laugh but we are zero and I mean zero chance to win a GF with Horse at the helm. Kenny can’t make them and Horse can’t win them.

It’s lighter on our wallets to have Kenny. Imagine meeting in a grand final with the coach swaps. I say imagine cos we are about to have a long time in the wilderness before the next GF.

You laugh but we are zero and I mean zero chance to win a GF with Horse at the helm. Kenny can’t make them and Horse can’t win them.

It’s lighter on our wallets to have Kenny. Imagine meeting in a grand final with the coach swaps. I say imagine cos we are about to have a long time in the wilderness before the next GF.
To honest, I would trade Kenny for any horse. Even Mr Ed would be a better coach.

200.gif

Fjdkcjakfkboxksklzkcjfjds

"Sack Hinkley farkin"

It’s a realistic extension of the phenomenon you see on this board.

Beyond the harder core of so-called Hinkley Haters in this thread — who will remain staunch in the belief he’s incapable of delivering a flag regardless of how superficially strong his chances look in a given season, and are yet to be proven wrong once — we have a lot of people here who pull up stumps and abruptly end their agitation as soon as the team strings a few wins together.

Whether that’s because they don’t want to be seen as disloyal, or they don’t want to run afoul of the delulu gatekeepers who decree that if you haven’t been chugging Ken’s d¡ck the whole time you’re not allowed to enjoy any mythical flag, or they don’t want to look like irrational headcases to certain figures at the club and Ken apologists in the media, they cut and run the instant a modicum of consistent competence results in not getting embarrassed under lights at home in a given month.

Some even flip from accepting Ken should go and expressing long-repressed anger at his ongoing tenure, to decrying negativity and reheating ‘first world problems, there are starving kids in Africa’ false equivalences to the Moorabbin or Arden Street experience.

Ergo, the Sydney win effectively short circuited the campaign against Ken for 2024 and bought him another 12 months on top.

Tredrea is in an even worse position than the cohort of fans mentioned above, because he has real skin in the game.

Short of 12 years of obvious context, we did make a Prelim. We do have an excellent young midfield that should get even better.

And so on, beyond the risk to his personal credibility on matters football, and breaching the charter he signed by publicly condemning Ken in the face of all those superficially positive outcomes.

For the rest of us, the holding pattern continues.

23-25 more games will go in the books, we’ll lose Bergman or maybe even Butters for unders, and we might see George Hewett, Sean Lemmens and James Aish in Port colours in 2026, with Hinkley every chance to earn yet another deal at some stage because who ya gonna get? The best clubs are stable.

A nightmare without end.
Tredders is certainly in a difficult position. It's why I get defensive when people say he hasn't achieved anything yet. I have faith he's doing the best he can. I don't know where this ends but I have a strong feeling I'll be distancing myself from the club in the near future. And now I've got a grandson & I want him to love Port. But I don't love Port anymore & my son is probably going to give up his membership. I had so much fun with my son following Port when he was young. There were bad times sure but we were both passionate Port supporters. It just makes me sad.

This is the key, no one in power is a real Port person.
We all know just making finals is bullshit. If this had been our attitude for over 100 years we would never have got into the AFL
And that is a statement for the AGM. It's so true. We gave the Afl no alternative because of our sustained excellence. I am still very grateful to all those Magpie players & officials that made it happen. But it hasn't turned out the way I wanted or expected.

You laugh but we are zero and I mean zero chance to win a GF with Horse at the helm. Kenny can’t make them and Horse can’t win the

Agree, think you're cooked under Horse after what I witnessed in the GF. It reminded me so much of our players in finals under Hinkley. Both coaches have had plenty of chances & should step aside. It's just too negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think ken will be gone next year, and carr takes over in 2026 but that's only half the battle fast foward a couple of years from now carr must be the only one left standing at the club in a major role.
All of koch, richo, davies, Chad, and maybe cripps too have to be gone from the club.

I took a week of long service leave last month. When we hired Hinkley I worked in another industry.
I've said this before. I was a teenager when we hired Hinkley. I'm now in my thirties with a wife and a house.

Is it possible that he's worse than Hinkley, surely not.
Lots of coaches are worse than Hinkley. Most of them, probably. But that's not a bad thing for their clubs.

A great coach wins premierships. A bad coach gets cycled out and replaced, potentially by a great coach who might win a premiership. Where you don't want your club to be (especially if your club happens to have a pissweak board) is stuck with a middling coach who's not quite good enough to win anything of substance but not quite bad enough to have any one season that by itself justifies a sacking.

We'd be much better off if Ken was a worse coach. If Ken was a worse coach he'd have been cycled out by now and we'd have had another chance to find a great coach. But like the cockroach he is he's just managed to find a way to hit the exact sweet spot year after year between achieving something and getting sacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back